Good Bye & Good Riddance To 20K

Bairstow

There's three versions of "We've Come so Far" floating around in perfect quality on the net. None of them have lyrics. There's:
1. The main band/jazz theme played in the first room of the WDW queue. No electronic sounds at all.
2. Solo trumpet on melody w/ some electronic sounds. Not used at WDW to my knowledge. This one's a bit slower and quieter than the above version.
3. Spacey sounds that sound sort of like bells play the melody with some "star" sounds in the background. Not used at WDW either as far as I know.

Also, there's a whole slew of old pre-refurb tracks floating around called things like "Star Tunnel", "Space Sounds", "Com Chat" and other things.
What is NOT available, at least in decent quality is the music that is actually used in the WDW star tunnel part of the queue, where the line zig-zags back and forth and there are semi-holographic space "windows" on either side. This is the music played right before you see the safety briefing tape and enter the main part of the queue where SMTV is played on the monitors. It's mostly low snythesizer sounds but is much more modern and melodic than the old pre-refurb "Star Tunnel" type music. I've been looking for a good recording of that for years with no success. There IS a 2 minute live recording out there of this track called "Space Mountain queue 2" or somesuch, but not a full-quality recording like the other songs have.

Oh, and for those who don't know, the "Zoom zoom zoom" song Lee is talking about is Esquivel's "Music Makers" the main exit song for the WDW Space Mountain. Just trying to prevent confusion.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Bairstow
There's three versions of "We've Come so Far" floating around in perfect quality on the net. None of them have lyrics. There's:
1. The main band/jazz theme played in the first room of the WDW queue. No electronic sounds at all.
2. Solo trumpet on melody w/ some electronic sounds. Not used at WDW to my knowledge. This one's a bit slower and quieter than the above version.
3. Spacey sounds that sound sort of like bells play the melody with some "star" sounds in the background. Not used at WDW either as far as I know.

Also, there's a whole slew of old pre-refurb tracks floating around called things like "Star Tunnel", "Space Sounds", "Com Chat" and other things.
What is NOT available, at least in decent quality is the music that is actually used in the WDW star tunnel part of the queue, where the line zig-zags back and forth and there are semi-holographic space "windows" on either side. This is the music played right before you see the safety briefing tape and enter the main part of the queue where SMTV is played on the monitors. It's mostly low snythesizer sounds but is much more modern and melodic than the old pre-refurb "Star Tunnel" type music. I've been looking for a good recording of that for years with no success. There IS a 2 minute live recording out there of this track called "Space Mountain queue 2" or somesuch, but not a full-quality recording like the other songs have.

Oh, and for those who don't know, the "Zoom zoom zoom" song Lee is talking about is Esquivel's "Music Makers" the main exit song for the WDW Space Mountain. Just trying to prevent confusion.

And to add to that, Sentimental Journey plays after the Music Makers at the entrance into the Tomorrowland Arcade/SM Gift shop.

Love all that music - and I am also searching for that SE "queue 2" soundtrack.

mickhyperion

Hmm well I do remember hearing the Esquivel, now that you mention it. But that can't be an original part of the attraction. Was that added during the oh-so-funny, laugh-a-second fake tv news era? I like Esquivel, but I would hardly consider this as adding to the Space Mountain experience. Nor would I consider these tunes to now be part of the Disney repertoire any more than I would consider Elvis to be in there for being included in Lilo & Stitch. An indisputable part of SM's history, sure. But integral to show like "Yo, Ho" or "Grim Grinning Ghosts"? No.

I'd like to find those "We've Come So Far" tracks one of these days. Not sure I've heard/noticed them.

maxime29

Premium Member
Don't mind this, but you can download those songs on #disney-central if you use mIRC. For those who don't know what I mean, There was a discussion about this in the "Resort TV...Gone" thread if you want more information.

I love the SM music myself. I have gotten possibly everything from the attraction except some of the sound effects such as the "spacey" sounds in the quere tunnel. I am also looking everywhere for the former video they used to play in the quere with no success. :(

TimeTrip

Originally posted by Bairstow
#3 is used at WDW. #1 plays in the first room as you mention.. It then transitions to #3 as you enter the first part of the tunnel. That is eventually transitioned into the "space tunnel" music. I have that same 2 minute live recording ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom