Gold Mickey Ears??

UltimtMickeyFan

Original Poster
I apologize if this has already been asked...I just spent the last 3 days at the 4 parks, and made it to the 3 resorts on the monorail line and was told that the parks are completely out of them, but maybe some of the resorts had them available somewhere?? Anyone know of any resorts that may have them available, as the parks I have been told will not have them for at least another month. Thankyou in advance.

brich

Yikes, does anybody know if this is just a temporary thing? Will they continue to make these available or is it a "when they're gone, they're gone"? I can't imagine Disney not continuing to sell these. Just hope I can get me some in October.... :sohappy:

DanStat

brich said:
Yikes, does anybody know if this is just a temporary thing? Will they continue to make these available or is it a "when they're gone, they're gone"? I can't imagine Disney not continuing to sell these. Just hope I can get me some in October.... :sohappy:

I think demand is this issue now. People, outside of the "Disney circle", are finding out about them, and of course everyone wants them. You will most definitely see them in the Magic Kingdom soon.

lawyergirl77

My Mom got me a pair when she went to DLR last spring, and I loooooove them! She even got my name stiched on the back!

I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to wear them when I head back in August. They're more of a cool collector's item to me, rather than something I would wear (and run the risk of ruining) in the parks.

Besides, I don't think that I can get them on around the Eeyore ears... A girl's gotta have her priorities, you know! ;)

mhead

This was the case last weekend an I found it totally unacceptable - I mean this is a place that should know what kind of demand is out there and make enough.

There were plenty at World of Disney in DTD though.

PurpleFigment

I had no trouble finding them last week. I bought a pair at World of Disney (they had at least 200 on shelves throughout the store.) I also saw them at Mouse Gear at Epcot. I didn't look at the resorts.

SirNim

In May they were ubiquitous.

No doubt that if they still aren't, they soon will be. Disney will be selling those babies through the end of HCOE, if they want to make a little Mickey Moolah.

tk421-sw

We got ours a while ago. They always have them on main street in the "Uhh, the hat shoppe" Thimblekisses knows the real name. Right next to the DVC store. They seem to always have them there, nd they do the names one the back there too.:)

Irrawaddy Erik

tk421-sw said:
We got ours a while ago. They always have them on main street in the "Uhh, the hat shoppe" Thimblekisses knows the real name. Right next to the DVC store. They seem to always have them there, nd they do the names one the back there too.:)
La chapeau ;) We went to the park for a few days with a large group and we all had a pair. We had tons of people ask us where we got them. I know that they are selling very well.

mhead

I waited on our trip last weekend to get them at Le Chapeau and when I got there guess what? Sold out!! I was told they had sold out two days before - to which I said why haven't more been brought in from elsewhere as World of Disney has PLENTY? I got mine at WOD but they have non ames now. Oh well. Going to Anaheim next week - maybe I can get some of theirs WITH a name on them! :)

CaptainMichael

When I was there at the end of May, many people were still not aware of them, including Castmembers. I'm sure I was the cause of many sets of Golden Ears being bought. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a single pair left anywhere because they are pretty much sold everywhere now.

UltimtMickeyFan

Original Poster
Someone must have caught onto the secret some how, cause after looking in all the major stores in the 4 parks, I ended up at the guest relations for all of them, and was told were out, and once again try in the resorts.

tk421-sw

Irrawaddy Erik said:
La chapeau ;) We went to the park for a few days with a large group and we all had a pair. We had tons of people ask us where we got them. I know that they are selling very well.

Yeah, thanks. sounds like someone sneezing to me. Anyways, yes, they are selling well! :)

IlovyensiD

We just got back today from 2 weeks at DW. We tried to find Golden Ears the entire time we were there. Checked at resorts and DT Disney stores. We were told that noone had them anywhere at DW. They did not know how long it would be before any more came in. :cry:

shoppingnut

mhead said:
This was the case last weekend an I found it totally unacceptable - I mean this is a place that should know what kind of demand is out there and make enough.

This is the basic problem with Disney, their merchandise buyer's are clueless and totally out of touch with their consumer. In December of 2003 they had the pink princess xmas stocking hats for adults. I bought my hat immediately when I got there and two days later they were totally out of stock, including the WOD store and this was the first week in December. Same thing with my blue tinkerbell jacket that has the sweatshirt lining that year in the Spring. The buyer's are so out of tune of what the guests want to purchase and that is why so much of the stuff ends up in the character outlets, not to mention constant repetition of merchandise all over WDW and the loss of special items like we used to see. I can't tell you how many items I have seen made for junior sizes or even for children in princess and tinkerbell merchandise that I would have bought it it were in an adult size. And don't even get me started on the t-shirt thing, where they are finally figuring out that women don't want to wear men's style t-shirts. They are now making a women's versions and what do you know, they are selling, duh.

This is also why the Disney Store's ended up being sold because the buyer's didn't buy what was needed for a particular store like they did in the beginning, but started buying the same stuff across the board and the same stuff you could buy cheaper at Toys r Us and Walmart. If one store sells more stuffed animals, that store should get more than another store that doesn't.

Yukinon

All I have to say is they better be back in stock by the 29th, cuz if I can't get my golden mouse ears I'm gonna raise some holy hell up in there!! :D

We have had such a rough year me and my family, I have a plan to buy one for every member of our family and the names and everything done on them and force every last person to put it on and have FUN!! :D

UltimtMickeyFan

Original Poster
Well, I have some bad news to deliver... I just made the trip to DTD in the last hour in hopes that they would have some ears and went to WOD and they are now completely out of golden ears as of saturday afternoon, they apparently had about 200 pairs and are now gone...I spoke with a really informative CM there at the information desk and he told me that the resort is now completely out of them until the 2nd week of July is the expected shipment date. As he put it they are waiting on a really slow boat from china...

mhead

shoppingnut said:
This is the basic problem with Disney, their merchandise buyer's are clueless and totally out of touch with their consumer. In December of 2003 they had the pink princess xmas stocking hats for adults. I bought my hat immediately when I got there and two days later they were totally out of stock, including the WOD store and this was the first week in December. Same thing with my blue tinkerbell jacket that has the sweatshirt lining that year in the Spring. The buyer's are so out of tune of what the guests want to purchase and that is why so much of the stuff ends up in the character outlets, not to mention constant repetition of merchandise all over WDW and the loss of special items like we used to see. I can't tell you how many items I have seen made for junior sizes or even for children in princess and tinkerbell merchandise that I would have bought it it were in an adult size. And don't even get me started on the t-shirt thing, where they are finally figuring out that women don't want to wear men's style t-shirts. They are now making a women's versions and what do you know, they are selling, duh.

This is also why the Disney Store's ended up being sold because the buyer's didn't buy what was needed for a particular store like they did in the beginning, but started buying the same stuff across the board and the same stuff you could buy cheaper at Toys r Us and Walmart. If one store sells more stuffed animals, that store should get more than another store that doesn't.

I agree and understand - however this example of the ZGolden Mouse Ears being sold out is themost absurd of all as this is a celebration event that will be going on for another full year at least!!! I mean good grief! How can you not have enough manufactures when the celebration that is over a year long has just begun!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom