Going to WDW with best friend & no kids!

maggiegrace1

to tell your kids next year that you only had money for Christmas presents for your self and your friends at the same time. that they were "bad" or what ever.

you just keep putting your self above family and see how long it goes.

especially going to a family place.

I talked to my youngest at lunch and I posed this very question to her. and I said would there have been reprocussions? YOU BET. before and after you went was what I was told.

Yep, You just keep putting your self first.

My brother in law is a minister. Twice he and his wife went to WDW alone, once because they "only had the money for two" and another time, just to be alone.

my niece, their daughter, is great. She has a bolt on her face that you could attach a two inch trailer coupling to. why? Needs attention.

their son. My nephew, is great.. Has a kid with his girl friend of over 7 years but since she had the child, HE MOVED AWAY AND DIDN'T SEE HIS OWN KID FOR OVER SIX MONTHS... finally at Christmas, moved back to the town where she lives. and is finally seeing his own kid. HIS RESPONSIBILTY.
All because they went to Disney with out the kids....:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Yep you go and have a good time. but if your kids EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT, ITS YOUR FAULT and don't you dare say, "get over it" or what ever.

You are a real prize. I am glad I wasn't picking your cracker Jack box, or I would have sent you back.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Oh MY!

I think it is quite obvious that your kids control you and that your roles as parents and children are reversed.

If my daughter would tell me when she was older that there would be repurcussions for me going to Disney without her..I would laugh and then go and call her every day while I was there and rub it in..:lookaroun

Repurcussions?
Please..quit letting your children run your life!

Thanks for giving me a laugh for the day..:wave::lol:

Eyorefan

to tell your kids next year that you only had money for Christmas presents for your self and your friends at the same time. that they were "bad" or what ever.

I talked to my youngest at lunch and I posed this very question to her. and I said would there have been reprocussions? YOU BET. before and after you went was what I was told.

My brother in law is a minister. Twice he and his wife went to WDW alone, once because they "only had the money for two" and another time, just to be alone.

my niece, their daughter, is great. She has a bolt on her face that you could attach a two inch trailer coupling to. why? Needs attention.

their son. My nephew, is great.. Has a kid with his girl friend of over 7 years but since she had the child, HE MOVED AWAY AND DIDN'T SEE HIS OWN KID FOR OVER SIX MONTHS... finally at Christmas, moved back to the town where she lives. and is finally seeing his own kid. HIS RESPONSIBILTY.

Yep you go and have a good time. but if your kids EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT, ITS YOUR FAULT and don't you dare say, "get over it" or what ever.

You are a real prize. I am glad I wasn't picking your cracker Jack box, or I would have sent you back.

Wow, it's amazing how much craziness can be contained in just one person. :hammer:

tigsmom

I think there is more going on here than can be dealt with on a Disney discussion board ...

bjlc57

I'm pretty sure the OP is much more secure in herself and her relationships to be able to 'let go' and time for herself..even if it is WDW.

My husband is one who takes offense if I want to go the movies by myself or with friends, because it could have been 'couple time'. Well let me tell you that type of smothering behavior stemming from HIS insecurity IS going to land him in divorce court sooner rather than later. The needs (me-you-us-them-family)have to be balanced and sadly some parents forget about themselves and become martyrs for their children and become bitter when the children move on to adulthood.

hey you are a great one for giving advise. You are already thinking of moving on to someone else and since you could care less about your husband and family, you are promoting it to others.

Way to go.

my wife is hardly smothered. President of the local genealogy's society . Active in her union. Travels all over the state with her job.

But FAMILY comes first. No way in God's green earth would she have suggested going to Disney and leaving the kids at home. We are in this together. We work together, We eat together, or we did, we fight together and we play together. we have each others backs in a crisis. and we love one another.

just you do what you want. But don't dare you come down on your kids went the stuff hits the fan. ITs all on you. and you live with it.

MouseMadness

:lol:

OP, have fun... I wouldn't ever go on a "no kids" trip simply because my kids are the only people I know (in real life :lol: ) who love going as much as I do :lookaroun :eek:

awalkinthepark

I am sure that you are a nice person....and I am sure that you are very dedicated to your family....but I would suggest joining an empty nest group or starting some counseling now rather than waiting until the first time the kids decide to go to the in-laws for a holiday celebration with the grandchildren and you have a break down over it.

Eyorefan

Adult only vacations can be fun, whether they are couples or friends. How many guys go on their hunting trips and leave the wife and kids at home? Why shouldn't the wife have a fun trip too?

:ROFLOL:That is exactly what my mom tells my dad when he complains about her spending money to go to Disney AGAIN. He seriously doesn't understand the magic. She just smiles and says, "I don't complain about how much your haunting trips cost."

By the way, they have been married for 45 years.

maggiegrace1

hey you are a great one for giving advise. You are already thinking of moving on to someone else and since you could care less about your husband and family, you are promoting it to others.

Way to go.

my wife is hardly smothered. President of the local genealogy's society . Active in her union. Travels all over the state with her job.
Do the kids approve her doing all this travelling without them?
What if she has fun :eek:while away and they are not there to have fun with her..:(
But FAMILY comes first. No way in God's green earth would she have suggested going to Disney and leaving the kids at home. We are in this together. We work together, We eat together, or we did,Do you not eat anymore? we fight together and we play together. we have each others backs in a crisis. and we love one another.

just you do what you want. But don't dare you come down on your kids went the stuff hits the fan. ITs all on you. and you live with it.
When the stuff hits the fan because the kids are mad you tell them that you are the parent and that they need to recognize that and then you send them to their rooms..:D

bjlc57

okay last post..

fine. You think I am nuts. Just you wait.

I am promoting family. especially for a FAMILY PLACE. Like I said, want to go to an adult place, that great. But if you have kids that are in the know, be prepared for the fallout.

and don't blame them for your mistake.

and I have no thoughts on a divorce. would be the furthest thing in my mind, but one of my detractors, has it right up front. RIGHT THERE. RIGHT NOW, and they are promoting LACK OF FAMILY. YOU DO WHAT"S GOOD FOR YOU.

right.

but don't say that I am nuts or wrong. in this case I am neither. If you have an infant at home. Great, Have a great time. But if you have kids who are growing as kids. and you shove this in their face, well. then you look in the mirror when you ask how did this all start.

that's my final post on this subject.

awalkinthepark

Way to go.

But FAMILY comes first. No way in God's green earth would she have suggested going to Disney and leaving the kids at home. We are in this together. We work together, We eat together, or we did, we fight together and we play together. we have each others backs in a crisis. and we love one another.

Where did I say I was moving on to someone else? You are making a lot of assumptions....and I would hate to think that you are projecting your fears on to myself or the OP....perhaps you should tag along on some of your wife's business trips to put your mind at ease.

maggiegrace1

fine. You think I am nuts. Just you wait.

I am promoting family. especially for a FAMILY PLACE. Like I said, want to go to an adult place, that great. But if you have kids that are in the know, be prepared for the fallout.

and don't blame them for your mistake.

and I have no thoughts on a divorce. would be the furthest thing in my mind, but one of my detractors, has it right up front. RIGHT THERE. RIGHT NOW, and they are promoting LACK OF FAMILY. YOU DO WHAT"S GOOD FOR YOU.

right.

but don't say that I am nuts or wrong. in this case I am neither. If you have an infant at home. Great, Have a great time. But if you have kids who are growing as kids. and you shove this in their face, well. then you look in the mirror when you ask how did this all start.

that's my final post on this subject.
Awwww:(

Seriously..I think that if you as an adult have adult children telling YOU the parent that there will be repurcussions for doing things without them..then you have a lot more problems then you think you have if you did go to WDW without them.

My parents are going the first week of February..I am not..I am going with my daughter the first week of March..Should I be angry that they are going without me then?

Eljay

My best friend and I have been Disney fanatics for quite a long time. Neither of our husbands understand the obsession we have with Disney. Both of our husbands have said "We've been to Disney enough times, we don't need to go there again". So my friend and I have decided to do a "girls" trip and go by ourselves! Neither of us have ever been to Disney without our kids, so this will be a real treat for us. We have decided not to stay at our usual Pop Century and have upgraded to POR because it looks quieter and a little more "grown up". Is there anything you would recommed we do that we would not normally do with the kids?

I love to go with my friends. We always make our ressies for dinner, so that we can have a nice, grown-up dinner, complete with wine or martinis! The California Grill on the top of the Contemporary is awesome, but hard to get ressies. Jiko at the AKL is exotic and unique. Citrico's at the GF is fab. Raglan Road at PI has great food and is tons of fun. (no admission charge)
The tours are all good. Watch a few sets of Off Kilter or the British Invasion in Epcot and enjoy adult beverages at the Rose & Crown between shows!
Enjoy! :wave:

Aurora_25

My best friend and I have been Disney fanatics for quite a long time. Neither of our husbands understand the obsession we have with Disney. Both of our husbands have said "We've been to Disney enough times, we don't need to go there again". So my friend and I have decided to do a "girls" trip and go by ourselves! Neither of us have ever been to Disney without our kids, so this will be a real treat for us. We have decided not to stay at our usual Pop Century and have upgraded to POR because it looks quieter and a little more "grown up". Is there anything you would recommed we do that we would not normally do with the kids?
My mom and I are going on a "girls only" trip next week to WDW (and yes, I have two kids and a husband...) and we are doing a backstage tour- something that I wouldn't be able to do if I had my kids with me. Disney has tons of tours that take you backstage so you can see how the "magic" happens and they are great fun. Go on all the rides your kids wouldn't want to go on (for me it's Pirates because my daughter doesn't like it :D ) You will have a great time! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom