Going to WDW Pregnant

HunnyPot

Hello all! I haven't been around this site too much lately, but I'm back! Anyway, we just found out we can have 2 days at the parks in May..we won't be staying on property, but seeing as I haven't seen the World in 1 1/2 years, I'll take what I can get for now! Anyway, I'm going to be about 15 weeks pregnant while we're there. Anyone gone pregnant before? Or gone with someone who was? I'd love to hear some advice. I know I'll have a wonderful time no matter what...I mean, I'm going to be at Disney, what is more fun than that?? But, I'd love to hear some experiences some of you had. Thanks so much!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
No wonder she was sick - the baby is supposed to come out at NINE months! :eek:

Elephants are 22 months (courtesy of AK)
Had a good laugh at that one too.

Avoid the bumpy/jerky and MS, all else should be good.

Hydrate and pe e, hydrate and pe e!
Edit: sorry, didn't mean to anger the censors...

Upvote 0

poohbr2015

Isn't it fun to plan your disney trip and then count down!

I have 17 days left until our DISNEYMOON! We are staying 4 nights at the Contemporary MK view room and then 4 nights at WL! I can't wait. I had more fun planning our trip than the wedding! We tried to go somewhere else for our honeymoon, but we just couldn't do it, we are disney freaks and we can't help it.

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

Original Poster
Thank you so much to everyone who responded! I got everything set up yesterday and I'm really excited about going! We've already been planning a week long trip for next fall...the baby will be 1 year old and we're going with some friends. Anyway, I'm SO EXCITED to go before then...it was going to be really hard to wait that long!

Thanks for all the tips! I will be sure and keep water with me and wear comfortable shoes. I'm going to ask my doc about the rides...the only one I REALLY want to ride (other than Everest, which I haven't ridden yet) is Splash but I think they advise against it. I'm going to ask my doc though and if he says I can, then I will! If not, I'll enjoy the other slower rides! I might just sit on TTA for an hour while my DH waits for Space! :)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

I went down while I was 18 weeks pregnant. It was one of my favorite, relaxing trips!!!

My only advice would be, even if Dr. says it's ok, don't do anything that could in any way make you think, "maybe I shouldn't have done that." There's enough to stress about while your pregnant.

I'm going down again next week with my 13 month old, and then we'll take her again at 18 months...it only gets better!!!

Upvote 0

jesserin

Thanks Nemo :) (Actually Easton will be just a little over 14 months when the twins come (delivering early))

Wow. You are a women amoung women girly! 3 babies... I'm impressed!

No wonder she was sick - the baby is supposed to come out at NINE months! :eek:
:ROFLOL:

Hydrate and what? :eek:

You dirty man!
:ROFLOL:
Thank you so much to everyone who responded! I got everything set up yesterday and I'm really excited about going! We've already been planning a week long trip for next fall...the baby will be 1 year old and we're going with some friends. Anyway, I'm SO EXCITED to go before then...it was going to be really hard to wait that long!

Thanks for all the tips! I will be sure and keep water with me and wear comfortable shoes. I'm going to ask my doc about the rides...the only one I REALLY want to ride (other than Everest, which I haven't ridden yet) is Splash but I think they advise against it. I'm going to ask my doc though and if he says I can, then I will! If not, I'll enjoy the other slower rides! I might just sit on TTA for an hour while my DH waits for Space! :)

Thanks again!

Good luck and have fun!!! Sounds like you're taking all the right steps!

I was *kind of* pregnant in Disney. We *got* pregnant in disney and were there for 2 weeks and riding everything under the sun... multiple times. Had I known I obviously would have been more careful, but all the same I didn't have a single problem with my pregnancy and ended up with a healthy 7lb baby. :)

Upvote 0

RedBaron

I have never been to WDW while pregnant, but if this is your first pregnancy be prepared for the posibility of "morning sickness". I was not that sick during my first pregnancy, but with my second I could barely imagine leaving my house (for the first 16 weeks) let alone be at WDW. Everything made me sick and I was always tired. Hopefully you will have better luck and not be sick. I recommend taking many breaks since one day over doing it could ruin the next day. Drink plenty of water too and obviously dont do any rides that have warning signs. Congrats and have fun.

Upvote 0

Tenajberry

Can't wait either!

I'm sure you'll have a great time! My sister went with me when she was 6 months along. We rented a wheelchair for her and everybody took turns rolling her around. Now I'm pregnant and will be going when I'm 6 1/2 months along and I'm so excited! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom