Going to the Audition!!

MaskedSharpie

Original Poster
Hey! I just got my ticket for the audition to be a character part for the college program! I'm so excited! :sohappy:

Anyways. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the audition, or know what all I can be considered for. I've been dancing pretty much all my life, so as a possible intern, could I be considered for a small part in a show or something? Could I also be considered for a charactor look alike?

Any tips or extra knowledge would be great!

And wish me luck!

Mecha Figment

here is my tips for you.

relax. don't freak out. I have absolulty no dance skills, but i wont it on my animation skilss.

it's two fold. they will teach you a dance routine and during that routeen you will have to come up with an animation acording to the theme.

So my tip when it comes to animation is BIG BIG BIG. because remember you will be in a big heavy costume in real life, you have to over exagerate to makae their movments look real.

if you are really good with yoru dancing they will call you back for the advance dance. if you are good enough you might get placed in a show.

I'm a college program right now, and i did the puppeter audition. I'm currently trained in both Playhouse Disney and Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
So shows may be in your future if you are good enough.

Theses shows include Beauty and the Beast, Festival of the Lion King, and i'm sure there are others but i can't think of them now.

what is your height? and i can tell you what friends height range you are in.

Namine78

Break a leg. :)

Also, does anyone here know about requirements for open calls? She mentioned a ticket, I don't know if that's only for college programs.

MaskedSharpie

Original Poster
Captain Hank said:
*Gasp* No! It's Break a Leg! :)

And welcome to WDWMagic! :wave:

haha! true true. Or how the people at the local playhouse say... Break an eyelash! :D But can I really say "Wish me to break a leg?"

Thanks, glad to be here. :)

Mecha Figment said:
what is your height? and i can tell you what friends height range you are in.

I'm about 5'8".

Namine78 said:
Break a leg. :)

Also, does anyone here know about requirements for open calls? She mentioned a ticket, I don't know if that's only for college programs.

Thanks. All I know is that I put Entertainment on top of the list of what I wanted to be, and the interviewer said that I'd be getting a ticket soon. I have no idea if it's similar outside the college program or not.

Namine78

joanna71985 said:
Which audition are you going to? I'm going to the Boston one March 30 in...9 days!:eek: I can't wait!!

I live north of Chicago, but I am nowhere near ready for the one on April 1st. I'm waiting to have more experience and to lose more weight as well as get my contacts back.

robynchic

I don't know about that whole "ticket" deal. When I did the audition, Disney casting called my house (before I received my acceptance!) and asked me to attend an invitation-only audition in Orlando- a week from the day they called!

But that was back in November of 2002...I did spring '03

MaskedSharpie

Original Poster
I'm going April 3rd in San Antonio. 12 days and 22 hours. I am slightly excited. :D

I'm ready for it to be here, and be gone. I've done alot of auditions with dance, but I don't think I wanted any of them as much as this.

WDWKat26

Oh boy, a possibility of more Entertainment people! YEY!

If you need any advice, i've been with the company for about 2 years...feel free to IM me or send me a PM :)

My honest opinion is to definitely care about your dance moves (they do like to have coordinated people) BUT definitely put ALL of your energy into Animation. Like they told me 2 years ago, "We're looking for animators, not dancers".

As for the "Ticket" thing, now CP's have to be given a ticket into Entertainment auditions. It isn't open like it used to be, after auditioning if the person thinks you will be good for entertainment you get a ticket.

It's like Willie Wonka..."I've got a golden ticket" *dances around*

Mecha Figment

strange. There was no such ticket used at my audition, however it was not an open audition and was mostly for cps with two people goign for full time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom