Going to Orlando without going to WDW?!?!?

Mikester71

We are going back to WDW this upcoming March for our third time and this will be our first time hitting up Universal Studios and IOA. I was in the same boat, not wanting to take away from our Disney time to go to these other parks. But after thinking about it for a day or so, I thought why not. We are going to be down there for 10 days and we bought the 7 day Universal pass, so we will just sprinkle a couple of days at US and IOA in those 10 days and make the most of it. We may even take a morning and drive to Siesta Keys beach near Sarasota for half a day or so as I have always wanted to swim in the ocean (okay, gulf coast in this case - close enough). REALLY looking forward to that too! :sohappy:

Mikester71

Ok, we're doing that this trip. Going to IOA and US in one day!!! I told them that it would be impossible to do that, but they said that we could. I might just end up being in IOA by myself because I'm the only one who likes, LOVES, roller coasters!!!! Then doing the rest ast Disney!! I'm almost tempted to say let's skip it this year and plan for a longer vacation next time.:veryconfu We'll see........

Well the whole family will be going to IOA, I feel for you on this. My wife is the only one who LOVES roller coasters in our group, so I always feel bad that she has to wait in those long lines by herself just to get to experience them. Hopefully, some of us chickens can step up this year and actually ride some of them with her. :ROFLOL:

For the record, me and my daughter did ride Aerosmith the first year we went down and Expedition last trip with her. Last year she got stuck doing Aerosmith and Tower of Terror by herself while the reat of us sat around and waited for her. :cry:

Todd L

The front of the line pass for resort guest is probably the big draw for us. No matter how busy that place gets you can take your time and get every ride in multiple times. Pretty cool. It really seems to slow down your whole vacation. I also love the boats to and from the hotels. Its a really pleasant little ride.

Thunder Kz

Universal and IOA are just ok, IMO. Mummy and Hulk are great, but I was bored with both parks in about 6 hours total. There is a very good reason a $99 pass gets you in for 7 consecutive days.

Edeyore

Uncover your ears Edeyore, :p it isn't over until we head for home. Like I said breakfast at Chef Mickey's reservations are already made purposely early in the trip. We'll arrive on Saturday go to Universal Sunday and Monday, then Tuesday, breakfast at Chef Mickeys. We'll already have done everything at Universal, then I'll start turning the screws for visiting MK, I'm sure the kids'll back me up 100%. How can we drive through the gates at WDW to go to that breakfast and not immediately be overwhelmed by how close we are and what we are missing.

If not, it does appear that we'll be there Dec 25th, so 2009 will not go down as the year we went to Orlando and didn't visit WDW.

Aaah, Yes, the young ones. A well placed hint and a small glimpse of the magic. Good luck.
In all honesty, we go to Medievel Times everytime we go to Florida. There are attractions outside the confines of WDW with their own appeal. Just have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom