Going solo....POFQ or CR

jollymon2

Hello all,

I'm heading down solo (first time ever without the wife and kids). I currently have a reservation at POFQ, but after deciding this would be a trip filled with firsts...parasailing, jetski, segway, etc. I'm now thinking it may be more convenient to just stay at the Contemporary since the majority of that stuff is right there. That will certainly make it easier to do those things, and also give me a lot more time for other stuff. What do you all think? Also, annual pass rates haven't been released for my time there yet, but do any of you know if there would be an ap rate for the CR for the middle of October? Thanks for everyone's input.

krankenstein

If it is financially viable for you, you should definitely stay at the CR. You will be on the monorail line which will give you quick access to Epcot for the segway tour, and right on the 7 seas lagoon. From the looks of your plan being on the lagoon will be great for you. AP rates will probably be released after the present rates end. CR will most likely have rates (most resorts do). If I were you I would go ahead and make the reservation and than call and apply the rate as soon as they are announced. Solo trips are the best, you will have a ball!! :wave:

Upvote 0
I've stayed in both hotels, and it really depends on what you're looking for. Personally, the Contemporary is one of my favorites-- it's just such a special part of WDW. You're so close to the Magic Kingdom, and being on the Monorail line is great. If you can, get a MK view-- it is truly amazing. This is meant to take nothing away from French Quarter, because it's cool, too. But it just doesn't have the same WDW magic, if that makes sense. Either way, have a great time!

Upvote 0

mickeymouse090

Hello all,

I'm heading down solo (first time ever without the wife and kids). I currently have a reservation at POFQ, but after deciding this would be a trip filled with firsts...parasailing, jetski, segway, etc. I'm now thinking it may be more convenient to just stay at the Contemporary since the majority of that stuff is right there. That will certainly make it easier to do those things, and also give me a lot more time for other stuff. What do you all think? Also, annual pass rates haven't been released for my time there yet, but do any of you know if there would be an ap rate for the CR for the middle of October? Thanks for everyone's input.

Like some of the others have said, if money isn’t a factor then staying at the Contemporary would be the logical thing to do since the activities you want to do are focused over there. If not then I would say 100% POFQ!! I love that resort & would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Have a great trip!! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Hello all,

How are you doing this without the guilt? LOL! I would LOVE to do a solo trip but I have such guilt about it!!

Upvote 0

jollymon2

Original Poster
Thanks for all your advice. I have switched over to the Contemporary, AAA rate wasn't too bad. I'm hoping for a better AP rate to pop up, but I'll have to wait and see when they release the October rates. As far as the guilt goes, I tried to get my wife and kids to go (wife works in a school and has a 4 day weekend then) but she said it would be too much with airfare and all, so I said ok...but I did offer so she can't get mad at me when I'm there. I'm guilt free. Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

scotth1224

I'm with you.....I would love to take off to the world on my own.My wife does not share my love for the world, but would never stand for me going alone....:cry:

Plus we have a 6 month old and she says we cant go back till Jan 2010.
SUCKS!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom