Pre-Trip Going out in style with the Orlando Mouse: A BBFN SnT PTR

Whelp, why not amiright? Here we are, 35ish, days away from the beginning of the end for us and the Orlando Mouse(at least for a few years). We’ve decided to let our APs run out in May and hit the Seas Mouse…hard. We’ve currently got a few DCLs planned for the next twelve months including a Surf n Turf in May. We decided last year after our two Orlando visits, and a trip to the OG in Cali, that the Orlando Mouse was just not doing what he could for all the Mouseketeers paying his rent. It was a tough, first world problem, decision for us as we have been every year for the last ten years and AP holders for at least the last five. In the end we will speak with our wallet and support what we’ve really been enjoying until Iger ruins that too. Ugh… , lets shake of this morose BS with a cute cat gif and move forward shall we?

Ahhhh, much better. So, some details.
Who: Well, us
DW:

And me:

When: Mother’s Day Week.
Where: We’re book ending this voyage with stays at the Villas at Grand Floridian and Bay lake Towers, hence the style.
What/Why: One final, kinda, hoorah with the Orlando Mouse with a DCL 4-nighter in between.

Plenty of details to follow including a WDWMagic meetup, poor grammar, and of course a beer exchange.

imahistorygeek

I'm trying to decide what I want to do this trip. It's our last at WDW for a while, so maybe some things we don't normally do when we visit. We will mainly be at MK, but will travel to Epcot for the magnet. Remember when we went to WDW just for the magnet? Good times.

First things first - I'll pick up our very last passholder magnet. It'll be bittersweet, but I'm ok with that considering what we will be doing with our time instead.

Character photos - We don't normally do this, but this may be the trip we try to get in as many character photos as we can.

Try a speciality food item at MK, like the hotdog at Casey's. We've never done this.

The card game...I cannot remember what it is called at the moment. It's the one where you hold it up in special locations.

Visit our least favorite attractions for nostalgia's sake - Country Bear Jamboree and Enchanted Tiki Room

Ride Splash Mountain - I never want to ride this.

Any suggestions about what to do at MK for our last (for a while) visit?

Tony the Tigger

I'm trying to decide what I want to do this trip. It's our last at WDW for a while, so maybe some things we don't normally do when we visit. We will mainly be at MK, but will travel to Epcot for the magnet. Remember when we went to WDW just for the magnet? Good times.

First things first - I'll pick up our very last passholder magnet. It'll be bittersweet, but I'm ok with that considering what we will be doing with our time instead.

Character photos - We don't normally do this, but this may be the trip we try to get in as many character photos as we can.

Try a speciality food item at MK, like the hotdog at Casey's. We've never done this.

The card game...I cannot remember what it is called at the moment. It's the one where you hold it up in special locations.

Visit our least favorite attractions for nostalgia's sake - Country Bear Jamboree and Enchanted Tiki Room

We are in a similar spot (and going to miss you by about a week) as far as letting our AP’s go and focusing on cruises.

Since we’re more or less close enough to occasionally stop by for non-park dinners (and maybe a separate ticketed event just to check that out) we’ve been consciously doing more in-park dining, because we won’t be able to do that for awhile.

So, Tiffins instead of Jiko, Skipper Canteen instead of leaving MK for a monorail resort.

And yes, trying attractions we typically skip - we may even sit through BatB for the first/last time.

But hey, we skip the Tiki room for a reason, brahs. That’s just wisdom.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Well, let's see (aside of all the above, which are good ideas), you could ride on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel. (I love taking my time to select the perfect horse to ride. ;) )

Perhaps one of you could get a hair trim at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street USA.

Definitely get a sundae at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. :hungry:

Watch the flag ceremony in the afternoon, across from City Hall. It's quite moving, actually -- don't know if you've ever done that, but I recommend it.

amjt660

Premium Member
@imahistorygeek ,
My take on this type of vacation may be the total opposite of yours.

I will try to explain the logic of Max ( it can be a little off on most days).

If I was walking into MK and Epcot for the last time in a long time I would not waste my precious time on attractions I normally skip.

I would want that last taste of the magical elixir that is my favourite rides and attractions

The ones that I know I will miss the most
Go out with a bang and on a high note

Just my two cents

Max

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Definitely following along. Looking forward to seeing what you get for the beer exchange. I should send you guys some PNW beer...I think you would enjoy the variety we have up here.
Hey, I'm game for a west coast/east coast beer exchange!

Well, let's see (aside of all the above, which are good ideas), you could ride on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel. (I love taking my time to select the perfect horse to ride. ;) )

Perhaps one of you could get a hair trim at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street USA.

Definitely get a sundae at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. :hungry:

Watch the flag ceremony in the afternoon, across from City Hall. It's quite moving, actually -- don't know if you've ever done that, but I recommend it.
We've only ever done the carousel ONE TIME, ever!
I've considered the HBS for a shave but I dont think they do that.
Flag Retreat is a regular for us, as good as WDW does with it DL does it better 😮

@imahistorygeek ,
My take on this type of vacation may be the total opposite of yours.

I will try to explain the logic of Max ( it can be a little off on most days).

If I was walking into MK and Epcot for the last time in a long time I would not waste my precious time on attractions I normally skip.

I would want that last taste of the magical elixir that is my favourite rides and attractions
I'm all about making my bride happy but I'm with ya, Max. We have FPs for our favorites and vacation creep is about to set in giving us some additional time at MK to get more in.

Following along. Awesome cat gif. See ya on the high seas someday.
Yes, That needs to happen! We've got a few dates between Oct.2019 and April 2020 planned, just sayin.

Little update:

We ended up nixing the Citricos ADR. Since MK closes at 9 the night we are there we figured we would stay in the park, knock out one of Casey's specialty dogs for dinner, and get a kiss goodnight before meeting a friend at TotWL for drinks. Also...yeah, looks like we will probably going down a day earlier now. #vacationcreepisreal

Rista1313

Hey, I'm game for a west coast/east coast beer exchange!

We've only ever done the carousel ONE TIME, ever!
I've considered the HBS for a shave but I dont think they do that.
Flag Retreat is a regular for us, as good as WDW does with it DL does it better 😮

I'm all about making my bride happy but I'm with ya, Max. We have FPs for our favorites and vacation creep is about to set in giving us some additional time at MK to get more in.

Yes, That needs to happen! We've got a few dates between Oct.2019 and April 2020 planned, just sayin.

Little update:

We ended up nixing the Citricos ADR. Since MK closes at 9 the night we are there we figured we would stay in the park, knock out one of Casey's specialty dogs for dinner, and get a kiss goodnight before meeting a friend at TotWL for drinks. Also...yeah, looks like we will probably going down a day earlier now. #vacationcreepisreal

Checks southwest and hotels.... hmmm I might need an adjustment to creep in earlier..

Brian & Jill

Hey lostpro9het it’s team Buffalo from last May checking in!!!!! You will never believe this.....but we are going to be in the Disney bubble that same time. We will also be at MK on Mother’s Day....and that is also when we arrive in the Bubble. Here is the ultimate “Hi how are ya” we are on the same cruise and we took your advice from last May and we are staying on the back of the ship!!!!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Hey lostpro9het it’s team Buffalo from last May checking in!
Team Buffalo in the house!!!

Here is the ultimate “Hi how are ya” we are on the same cruise and we took your advice from last May and we are staying on the back of the ship!!!!!

NO F’N WAY!!!! We’re aft too, obviously. This is amazing! Did you see that #tonyfromspain is our activities director again! Are yall staying at WDW afterwards too? Are yall a prt of the FB group?

Seriously, this is nuts!

Last edited:

imahistorygeek

Hey lostpro9het it’s team Buffalo from last May checking in!!!!! You will never believe this.....but we are going to be in the Disney bubble that same time. We will also be at MK on Mother’s Day....and that is also when we arrive in the Bubble. Here is the ultimate “Hi how are ya” we are on the same cruise and we took your advice from last May and we are staying on the back of the ship!!!!!

Yay!! This is awesome!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom