Going in end-September - help me choose

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Hi everyone

"Emergency" vacation coming up! We're going in end-September to WDW and we've stumbled upon a tough choice of hotels.

We decided to go for the Epcot area and through some investigation, we've found that we can do either Boardwalk Inn - Club Level/Standard View or Beach Club - Pool or Lagoon View for more or less the same price (Boardwalk Inn - Club Level actually being slightly cheaper!).

But... what should we go for? I'm seeing a few pros and cons myself.

Last time, we stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it, and thus lean towards Beach Club. We love the pool area and we're planning on spending more days at the resort this time around. We also love the breakfast at Cape May Café.

We do find the Boardwalk Inn theme at little less appealing (although the Boardwalk itself is super nice) and the pool area seems a bit less attractive (and scarier with that big clown); however, the Club Level does sound very appealing - we're just unsure of how important it would actually be.

It seems like we have a chance of getting a view of Crescent Lake from both resorts with the given room types, but it also seems to be a safer bet with the Beach Club room.

In any case, please help us out with some recommendations! Thanks a bunch :)

P.S. We're gonna go for the Deluxe Dining Plan and discovered that we're going during the F&W festival. Is it usually possible to use some of the snack points for things in the F&W kiosks?

RememberWhen

If it was me I would choose the beach club. We will be at the boardwalk at the end of September, and really wanted to be at the beach club for the pool, but due to availability we are at Boardwalk instead. You can always walk around the boardwalk at night if you want and you can (or certainly could many years ago) use your snack points for lots of food options around the world showcase.
Maybe we'll see you there!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'll go the opposite direction and say The Boardwalk. Me and DH love the Boardwalk and plus enjoy club level. The standard view is usually the grounds inside the resort as was our view but yes you could get a different view as well. We liked how quiet standard view was etc compared to the Boardwalk view that can get noisy a bit.
Also it would give you a chance to try a new resort and if you loved the Yacht Club, Boardwalk is very comparable minus of course the awesome pool at BC. Plus club level is nice in itself. Whatever you choose I hope you have a wonderful trip!! ;)

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Stormalong Bay cannot be beat...I'd save the money and stay someplace you're already fond of!

FYI, the Boardwalk Inn Club Level room is actually a bit cheaper. So wouldn't save money by staying at Beach Club :p

Thanks the replies thus far - didn't make it easier though! :D

belledream

FYI, the Boardwalk Inn Club Level room is actually a bit cheaper. So wouldn't save money by staying at Beach Club :p

Thanks the replies thus far - didn't make it easier though! :D
Oops, I read that part wrong! That makes it more tough (which I'm sure you knew already).

Hmm...I stayed at Club Level at Beach Club a long time ago and personally didn't care for the extra food + service, but that was just me. Good luck in your decision! I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip regardless! :)

MMDVC

Can't help decide with room choice but let us know (live trip report would be awesome )... I did want to mention that those credits can be used at Starbucks. They serve a lot more than just coffee and service is quick.

DisDadWoz

We would lean toward Boardwalk as it's more relaxed to us when we are not with the kids. IF you have kids in your party and/or really want to be in the pool then Beach Club. Either way, it will be fun to be there during food and wine. Use your snacks for food at the kiosks.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
We don't have kids. I think it's settled; Boardwalk Inn it is!

Thanks for the Starbucks MMDVC; we used the Dining Plan last time also and made sure to take use of the snack credits at Starbucks ;)

Thanks for the tips and input everyone!

iluvMainStMagic

Another thought to throw into the mix - if you are getting the Deluxe Dining Plan, do you really need the Club Level food??
For us, the basic Dining Plan is more than enough food, so we would only use the Club Level food for breakfasts - and (for us, on the basic DP) it would be less expensive to buy breakfast out-of-pocket than pay the extra for Club Level (though I think you said that was your only room category choice). Sounds like your decision is really about the resort and it's atmosphere, not really about food-??
Congratulations on being able to go in Sept! Hope you have a great time, whichever resort you choose!!

JusticeDisney

Hi everyone

"Emergency" vacation coming up! We're going in end-September to WDW and we've stumbled upon a tough choice of hotels.

We decided to go for the Epcot area and through some investigation, we've found that we can do either Boardwalk Inn - Club Level/Standard View or Beach Club - Pool or Lagoon View for more or less the same price (Boardwalk Inn - Club Level actually being slightly cheaper!).

Last time, we stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it, and thus lean towards Beach Club. We love the pool area and we're planning on spending more days at the resort this time around. We also love the breakfast at Cape May Café.

We do find the Boardwalk Inn theme at little less appealing (although the Boardwalk itself is super nice) and the pool area seems a bit less attractive (and scarier with that big clown); however, the Club Level does sound very appealing - we're just unsure of how important it would actually be.

It seems like we have a chance of getting a view of Crescent Lake from both resorts with the given room types, but it also seems to be a safer bet with the Beach Club room.

P.S. We're gonna go for the Deluxe Dining Plan and discovered that we're going during the F&W festival. Is it usually possible to use some of the snack points for things in the F&W kiosks?
Hi everyone

IMO, BC is a no brainer. The pool at the Boardwalk sucks and there are no real dining options in the Boardwalk. Also, club level rooms are a total sucker bet, so that wouldn't sway me toward the Boardwalk.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Another thought to throw into the mix - if you are getting the Deluxe Dining Plan, do you really need the Club Level food??
For us, the basic Dining Plan is more than enough food, so we would only use the Club Level food for breakfasts - and (for us, on the basic DP) it would be less expensive to buy breakfast out-of-pocket than pay the extra for Club Level (though I think you said that was your only room category choice). Sounds like your decision is really about the resort and it's atmosphere, not really about food-??
Congratulations on being able to go in Sept! Hope you have a great time, whichever resort you choose!!

Yeah, I know it's probably a bit too much. But again, we get Club Level at BW for a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than a normal room at BC, so... I see it as an added bonus :)

IMO, BC is a no brainer. The pool at the Boardwalk sucks and there are no real dining options in the Boardwalk. Also, club level rooms are a total sucker bet, so that wouldn't sway me toward the Boardwalk.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Awww, and now I booked BW.

I know the pool isn't as awesome as Stormalong Bay, but I hope it's ok for the purpose. As for dining, I'm totally fine with that setup. We'll be doing a lot of resort hopping when it comes to dining anyway, and the location is still perfect, being so close to Yacht & Beach and Epcot.

iluvMainStMagic

Yeah, I know it's probably a bit too much. But again, we get Club Level at BW for a couple of hundred bucks cheaper than a normal room at BC, so... I see it as an added bonus :)

That's enough difference in price that I don't blame you for opting for BWI, we would probably do that, too. More food options for less money, who doesn't love that! :) (though I have to admit that I am in the group that finds the clown kind of creepy, but when we go, we are there for the parks, not the pool). Congratulations on your good deal!

Tinkerbell397

I would vote for the BC. We were there in March and the refurbished rooms are lovely. I would be interested in your report on the weather at the end of September. We are planning for a trip at the end of September 2017 and my concern is the hot and humid weather. Please write a report when you return! Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

JusticeDisney

I would vote for the BC. We were there in March and the refurbished rooms are lovely. I would be interested in your report on the weather at the end of September. We are planning for a trip at the end of September 2017 and my concern is the hot and humid weather. Please write a report when you return! Have a Magical Trip! :cat:
I went a few years ago at the end of September and the weather was awesome. My wife even put a light sweatshirt on in the evening. Wasn't even close to being too hot and humid. Of course, I realize that may have just been an odd week that we experienced. If I was going to worry about anything at all relating to a September trip, it's that you are in peak hurricane season. Absent that, however, I think September is a great time to go. As you will see, the lines for rides are nonexistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom