Going all out for one day. EMM and Dessert Party

MomofPrincessGrace

Orrrr, you could always drop the dessert party ($79 per adult and $47 per child) and add on 3 day park hopper for about about $70 per person, this way you have the option to make up anything you missed on the first day and you can catch the fireworks on another night that you arent doing the EMM.

MomofPrincessGrace

We have early morning magic passes with breakfast. You can ride Peter Pan Winnie the Pooh and 7dmt as much as you want with almost no wait from 7:45 to 9 am. Then be over in Tomorrowland to ride a couple at rope drop while others are lining up for 7dmt.
Butttt there is a chance that 7DMT could be down. Rides don't care if you spent the extra money, if there is an issue it has to be down. It was down quite frequently when we were there. Peter Pan and Pooh wouldnt be very fun after riding each 5 times :hilarious:

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Butttt there is a chance that 7DMT could be down. Rides don't care if you spent the extra money, if there is an issue it has to be down. It was down quite frequently when we were there. Peter Pan and Pooh wouldnt be very fun after riding each 5 times :hilarious:

Wellllll that isn’t an option. I was trying to figure more of a touring plan for the day. Not redo every dinner reservation a fb booked for the other two days. We are doing a day with my terminally ill mother in law at AK and are spending one afternoon at the pool at AOA after HS. You people don’t have to be so condescending. I think I’ll just do what I’m doing and stay away from these useless forums.

Nemo14

I don't get the condescending reference at all. You asked for opinions, and people with experience have offered you some helpful information. Florida heat with young children can be a challenge, and I think most posters here are just trying to offer some helpful advice.

Have a wonderful trip!

21stamps

I’m hoping that by not having to wait for 7dmt, wtp and pp and the carousel, we’ll be able to hit the rest of the rides without much of a wait in the morning in fantasyland and even some of Tomorrowland. Not doing space. We have FP for buzz, splash and railroad, belle and mickey and while we might hit up Adventureland, I’m don’t think they’ll mind if we don’t hit every thing there. I hate to miss the parade but it will probably be better to and come back later for the dessert party refreshed and ready to hit a few more rides.
You’ll have Fantasyland totally completed, with multiple rides on some of the attractions, and a nice breakfast, all before 10:30am!
EMM is wonderful!!

I agree with others who recommended a break though. If you’re staying at AoA, you’ll
probably want to leave around 7am for the MK.

21stamps

Here’s my post from 2016.. and I forgot to add the Carousel and Barnstromer in there! We also took a ton of photos. I would totally do Fantasyland in that chunk of time, don’t make your day worse by zigzagging around the park.

12364114-7E55-4C71-A461-3ED28C9BF592.jpeg

21stamps

Wellllll that isn’t an option. I was trying to figure more of a touring plan for the day. Not redo every dinner reservation a fb booked for the other two days. We are doing a day with my terminally ill mother in law at AK and are spending one afternoon at the pool at AOA after HS. You people don’t have to be so condescending. I think I’ll just do what I’m doing and stay away from these useless forums.

She didn’t sound condescending to me.. just giving a worst case scenario, but I wouldn’t worry too much about 7DMT being down.

Here’s my suggestion for a touring plan-

1. Complete Fantasyland as shown above.
2. Head to Haunted Mansion.
3/4. Then do BTMR and Splash Mountain in whatever order you can get fast passes.
5. Go to Tom Sawyer Island and let the kids run around.
6. Pirates
7. Magic Carpets
8. Treehouse

Go Back to Hotel

Return in evening 5ish?

Evening 1. Speedway
Evening 2. Buzz
Evening 3. Dessert Party.

MomofPrincessGrace

She didn’t sound condescending to me.. just giving a worst case scenario, but I wouldn’t worry too much about 7DMT being down.

3/4. Then do BTMR and Splash Mountain in whatever order you can get fast passes.
6. Pirates
7. Magic Carpets
8. Treehouse

Go Back to Hotel

Return in evening 5ish?

Evening 1. Speedway
Evening 2. Buzz
I think this is a good idea, except I would add in staying for the FoF parade and heading back to the room after. It takes about 30 minutes each way to get out of the park, you the room at AoA, and then back to the park. I would definitely save all of Tommorowland for after the park break. It will be SUPER hot, so a cool down is definitely needed!

RememberWhen

6. Pirates
7. Magic Carpets
8. Treehouse

Go Back to Hotel

Return in evening 5ish?

Evening 1. Speedway
Evening 2. Buzz
This seems possible. I would just throw in that Disney transport can take a surprisingly long time. I would plan for at least an hour each way. So if you want the kids to rest in the room for an hour, plan to be out of the parks for 3-4 hours.

21stamps

I think this is a good idea, except I would add in staying for the FoF parade and heading back to the room after. It takes about 30 minutes each way to get out of the park, you the room at AoA, and then back to the park. I would definitely save all of Tommorowland for after the park break. It will be SUPER hot, so a cool down is definitely needed!

That’s a good suggestion. I think the timing would also work out perfectly. Everything I listed should be done by 3 no problem. Then watch the parade and head back to hotel.

MomofPrincessGrace

Sorry if you felt I was being condescending, that wasn't my intention. The great thing about these forums is you can ask advice on how other tour the parks and then pull that into what plan works best for your family. All of my advice is what works best for my family. I think everyone here understands that so many people go to WDW with extremely high expectations that everything is going to go according to their plan, but sometimes it doesn't work that way and you have to adjust. You will have a great time regardless, but I have found that the more flexible I am going in, the more relaxed I am and the more fun I have. Its Disney, so there is always something to do if it rains, or if a ride is down, or if one of the kids has a meltdown. You will love AoA. We stayed there a few years ago and my daughter (5 at the time) had a blast. The pool is awesome too! Make sure you listen for the music when you go underwater.

21stamps

This seems possible. I would just throw in that Disney transport can take a surprisingly long time. I would plan for at least an hour each way. So if you want the kids to rest in the room for an hour, plan to be out of the parks for 3-4 hours.

Yeah, this is the only snag that I’d foresee.
We were staying at GF when we did EMM, it took 8 minutes to get from our room to the front gate. We didn’t even leave our room until almost 8am, could have checked in and entered the park earlier. Completed everything at MK, even did the Adventureland scavenger hunt, and the Pirate Adventure thing with Jack Sparrow, and left MK around 5pm. This was the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, so crowds were NOT light, the EMM really allows you to get so much more accomplished in the day. BUT— we were exhausted by 9pm, even with having been lounging at the resort for 4 hours in the evening.

The MK dessert parties are something that I always debate, but decide against. They just take up such a large chunk of time. I enjoy the MK in the evenings, and we aren’t too picky about where we view the fireworks from.. we enjoy taking advantage of short lines at that time.

OP- What time is Check in for the dessert party?

Another suggestion- Take a Minnie Van to/from MK when you take the midday break. This should save time and stress.

MomofPrincessGrace

We were staying at GF when we did EMM, it took 8 minutes to get from our room to the front gate.
This is totally the reason we are going to do Poly/BW on our next trip. Ended up being the same cost as a moderate, and we are doing 2 nights at the Poly which will align with our MK days and then 5 nights at BW to be walking distance to Epcot and HS. We also loved watching the fireworks and EWP from the Poly beach after dinner one night.

21stamps

This is totally the reason we are going to do Poly/BW on our next trip. Ended up being the same cost as a moderate, and we are doing 2 nights at the Poly which will align with our MK days and then 5 nights at BW to be walking distance to Epcot and HS. We also loved watching the fireworks and EWP from the Poly beach after dinner one night.
You will love it!!! So MUCH EASIER to take breaks and in the mornings. Plus.. the atmosphere is second to none imo. You can hear all of the sounds of MK waking up. :)

21stamps

Yes! Plus we are planning to just keep snacks and stuff in the room so we can snack on breaks instead of spending $6 on a Mickey pretzel.
Definitely! Same thing when watching the EWP and fireworks in the evening. I had snacks in the room, plus one night we ordered Pizza Hut when staying at Poly- much cheaper than any Disney meal, and it was during a football game. :). Watched the game, then went outside when the EWP was about to start. One of my favorite evenings ever.

Most importantly, the Poly has a great QS, so if you do want to eat there, or even bring it back to the room, it’s much better than most of the QS options in MK. :). I’m so excited for you!

MomofPrincessGrace

Definitely! Same thing when watching the EWP and fireworks in the evening. I had snacks in the room, plus one night we ordered Pizza Hut when staying at Poly- much cheaper than any Disney meal, and it was during a football game. :). Watched the game, then went outside when the EWP was about to start. One of my favorite evenings ever.

Most importantly, the Poly has a great QS, so if you do want to eat there, or even bring it back to the room, it’s much better than most of the QS options in MK. :). I’m so excited for you!
Girl! Only 479 days until the trip :joyfull::joyfull: We were going to do November around veterans day, then decided to go in September again for G's 9th birthday. We had a great time in September and it was not as hot as when we went in May last year. You didn't have an issue with the delivery to the Poly? We will probably do that on our arrival night since we will be switching from Universal to Poly and will be tired from the Universal day.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Here is the FP plan. The kids have decided they want no part of hm or space mountain. Which makes it a lot easier. I had thought of dragging them to splash and btmr right at rope drop but our 4yo is all about speedway so I thought we might get a couple of rides in. And then cover the rest of fantasyland. If anything is open at tomorrland we can do that around the time of our buzz fp. After splash and btmr fp we may head to sawyer island for a bit and then watch the parade. Then head back to AOA for a much needed nap. If we miss much at Tomorrowland maybe we can score a couple of FP for that or instead try to see more of Adventureland.

B8603E5F-5560-47B9-87A7-E2A42A3C03D7.png

MomofPrincessGrace

Ride the people mover while you are in Tomorrowland. You can get off of your feet and get an above ground view of Tomorrowland. Also check out Carousel of Progress, again, its air conditioned and should keep the kids interested with something to do. Monster's Inc Laugh Floor never really had a wait either and it was pretty funny. Your 6 year old will get a kick out of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom