Going all out for one day. EMM and Dessert Party

Dsjewell

Original Poster
We are going the week of June 10th and are only doing three days at the parks. The first day is MK and I want our 3 kids 6,4,3 to have the most magical day ever. I got the EMM and have a pretty bulletproof plan to cover almost all of MK with a bit of a lull after the Parade at three and then a garden dessert fireworks viewing booked for the night. While this day is costing a fortune, I honestly don’t know how soon we’ll be back and I want it to count at the ages we’re it will all feel genuine and magical. Does a day this packed seemed likely to pan out good or am I overloading them with too much?

Dsjewell

Original Poster
We should have fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Main Street, big thunder and splash mountain wrapped up by 1. Somewhat abbreviated of course. Might be better to hit a couple of the move it shake it parades and let them nap back at AOA and miss the big parade?

kimberlymautz

I've gotta say, it seems like you've got a lot planned for a very short amount of time, and I know that what you're thinking was almost impossible for my last trip in September 2016 and that was just with two kids. We also had to go back to All Star Sports to relax mid day so the girls could nap for an hour (they were 2 and 5 at the time). We did all of Fantasyland in the morning and then Adventureland in the afternoon. We didn't even step foot in Tomorrowland until we went back a few days later for MNSSHP. But it really depends on your kids. My niece (the 2 year old) was totally cool napping in her stroller while my daughter (was 5) would hit a wall and would just be miserable and wouldn't nap until we got back to the room (She hadn't napped in over two years but definitely needed it after the long hectic mornings and being in the sun for so long). This trip I'm being a bit more optimistic because my daughter will be 7 and my son is only 7m and will sleep anywhere.
It really depends on your kids though. Some kids will nap well in the parks so you can keep going while they do so and others will refuse and the longer you wait to go back the worse it'll get (just my experience anyways). I'd just go with the flow. If your kids seem good and they can keep up for the full day then awesome, but if not I'd keep an afternoon nap as a plan B just in case.

Have a great time!

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I’m hoping that by not having to wait for 7dmt, wtp and pp and the carousel, we’ll be able to hit the rest of the rides without much of a wait in the morning in fantasyland and even some of Tomorrowland. Not doing space. We have FP for buzz, splash and railroad, belle and mickey and while we might hit up Adventureland, I’m don’t think they’ll mind if we don’t hit every thing there. I hate to miss the parade but it will probably be better to and come back later for the dessert party refreshed and ready to hit a few more rides.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
While I doubt it will work this way, but I feel that there will be a bit of a lull due to the toy story land opening not for another couple of weeks. I would imagine that a lot of people booked after than the opening than just before

kimberlymautz

I would actually assume the opposite. While I'm sure Toy Story Land will attract crowds, I'd assume that the other parks would be just as busy, if not more so, before then as people are trying to avoid those crowds. Plus, that's right when school ends for the North, so you'll have both almost the whole country on their summer schedule and a LOT of people head down right after school ends (My best friend is one of them, she'll be there that same week!).

Hopefully it won't be too bad, but prepare for the worst so you don't get your hopes too high. I've been checking wait times daily and they just keep going up. 😭😭😭

CaptainAmerica

We should have fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Main Street, big thunder and splash mountain wrapped up by 1.
Not even close.

This is a very, very, very bad idea. It's not going to be "magical," it's going to be exhausting and hot and brutal and miserable and you'll be biting each others heads off long before dinner time.

MomofPrincessGrace

I hate to miss the parade but it will probably be better to and come back later for the dessert party refreshed and ready to hit a few more rides.
I wouldn't miss the FoF parade. Move it Shake it, yeah I would pass, but FoF is so fun and you kids will most likely see their favorite characters.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
My plan is to ride what we can ride that doesn’t envolve an hour wait. Our last FP is for 12:30. At that point we may just head back to AOA for a rest in time to make it back for the parade at 3. Then get what FP we can get until about 8 when we head to the dessert party. I can’t imagine how them riding 7dmt 6 times and watching the fireworks without the crazy crowd can be that bad. What happens in between will be what it’ll be I guess. I don’t care if we do everything possible, just that we see the park and have fun

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I don’t have 10,000 dollars and two weeks off so I’ll just have do the best I can with what I have to work with.

CaptainAmerica

My plan is to ride what we can ride that doesn’t envolve an hour wait. Our last FP is for 12:30. At that point we may just head back to AOA for a rest in time to make it back for the parade at 3. Then get what FP we can get until about 8 when we head to the dessert party. I can’t imagine how them riding 7dmt 6 times and watching the fireworks without the crazy crowd can be that bad. What happens in between will be what it’ll be I guess. I don’t care if we do everything possible, just that we see the park and have fun
Riding 7DMT 6 times would literally take you ten hours.

You need to MAJORLY lower your expectations for this day.

MomofPrincessGrace

Do you have a FP for 7DMT? When we were there this time last year, the wait time was consistantly over 60 minutes, and that only it the ride didnt break down :banghead: We rode it once with a fast pass, and waited in line for 40 minutes standby just to be told it was closed and they had no idea for how long. We left because waiting an hour for a 2 minute ride isn't worth it.

CaptainAmerica

I'm not sure why you even started this thread.

You: Does a day this packed seemed likely to pan out good or am I overloading them with too much?
Everyone: You're overloading them with too much.
You: Well you're wrong. Nobody asked you.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
We have early morning magic passes with breakfast. You can ride Peter Pan Winnie the Pooh and 7dmt as much as you want with almost no wait from 7:45 to 9 am. Then be over in Tomorrowland to ride a couple at rope drop while others are lining up for 7dmt.

CaptainAmerica

We have early morning magic passes with breakfast. You can ride Peter Pan Winnie the Pooh and 7dmt as much as you want with almost no wait from 7:45 to 9 am. Then be over in Tomorrowland to ride a couple at rope drop while others are lining up for 7dmt.
Adding more hours to the day is going to make it more overwhelming, not less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom