Trip Report Goin' Down the Bayou: Takin' You All The Way **COMPLETE**

I sit here at my kitchen table. Paw Patrol is on the TV, toys strewn around the living room. Breakfast made, eaten and cleaned up, coffee re-heated for the third time, and Malcolm down for his first nap. It feels the same, it’s our routine. Did we really just return from 8 days in Disney or was it just a dream? I see little Minnie and Mickey crocs on my counter…Snow White and Tigger stuffed toys in Kinley’s bed… It wasn’t a dream! It was 8 caffeine-fuelled, whirlwind days through Orlando, and somehow we survived to share the story with you all! Did my WDWMagic dreams come true? Did I accomplish all the things I was inspired to do by reading all the trip reports of the past? You’ll have to read along to find out!

Some quick reminders:

Who we are:
Me! (Teresa) and DH Lukas
Our kiddos Kinley (2.5yrs) and Malcolm (5 months)
My sister Emily (@AKemily)
My parents Marj and Kevin (Or “Baba” and “Oy” as Kinley calls them)

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408501677219.JPG

When and Where: Feb 1-8, 2018 at POR

We had a great time but MAN are we ever tired. It is a LOT of work bringing 2 kids to Disney World (never mind your parents :hilarious:). But we had a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to re-living it all as I share with you because it is all still a blur in my mind. But we kept good notes, @AKemily will chime in here and there with her thoughts and feelings, and if you ever needed to see a thousand pictures of a 2 year old meeting Disney characters, we’ve got you covered!

Coming Up: Travel Day 1 - We forget something VERY important on the plane (Not a kid, don’t worry)

krause

Original Poster
We rolled out of Chef Art Smith’s and made our way to the buses. I was under the impression that there was a bus from DS to AK but I guess I was wrong! We hopped on the first bus we saw which happened to be Boardwalk.

IMG_1677.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg

While we were waiting a lady came up with a young boy maybe 7 years old (I’m assuming a young grandma and her grandson). She looked at the bus stop sign and said “See! I told you we shouldn’t get off that boat. To Hollywood Studios it says “use watercraft”. But you wanted to get off the boat! Well, what do you want to do now? Epcot or Magic Kingdom”.

“I would like to go to Magic Kingdom”, the little boy answered.

“We should have stayed on that boat! What do you want to do now?”, Grandma said

“Magic Kingdom”, the little boy repeated, as a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up.

“Okay well we’ll head to Magic Kingdom and see maybe we can get on the boat or something there”, Grandma said.

Some people sitting at the bus stop tried to explain the transportation options to her but she wasn’t willing to listen. Just another example of people not doing proper research and not realizing how huge Disney World is. I wonder if they even got to do one attraction on their trip. I do feel bad for that little boy though, I hope he was able to still feel the Magic.:(

We waited about 15 minutes for a bus to AK.
IMG_1687.jpg
IMG_6418.JPG
IMG_6419.JPG

We arrived at AK around 5:00pm. Me, Emily and Lukas went to use a FP+ at one of Emilys must-do’s.

krause

Original Poster
First a quick Photopass:
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_408565996750.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_408565996756.JPG

And then...
DINOSAUR!

I was happy to see some new displays in the queue. This one, Emily pointed out, is looking a bit “tired”.
IMG_1691.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg

My expression on this ride is 100% legitimate. I just recently started being able to keep my eyes open on this ride so I end up with these gorgeous photos. :facepalm:
AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20180205_8171304686.jpeg

As we were walking to Dinosaur, we saw the queue starting for Donald (he wasn’t there yet) and Emily knew that was where Donald would come to meet so they ended up having a pretty short wait.
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_408564789747.JPG

They were all being blinded by the sun and Dad was being poked in the back by the dinosaur, but Kinley was happy to meet "Nonald".
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_408564932407.JPG

Up Next: More AK

krause

Original Poster
After we re-grouped, we hurried back to Pandora for another flight on our banshees! We grabbed a child swap pass and me, Lukas, and Emily went for the ride while Mom and Dad took the kids to see FotLK. I was in seat 1 and I must have been directly in front of the scent sprayer, it was not quite as magical when you had that smell blasted into your face :hungover:. Some of the effects also seemed a bit skewed being on the end of the row. Emily was in seat 3 and didn't get any splashes.

While we were on FoP, Dad and Kinley went to see FotLK while Mom tried to calm a very unhappy Malcolm.

We all met up again and decided Dad, Lukas, and Emily would go use our EE FP+ and Me, Mom and the kids would wait in Africa.

(I like the guy smelling his girlfriends armpit on this one :hilarious:)
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180205_8171361422.jpeg
AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20180205_8171361428.jpeg

Kinley was asking to see giraffes again so we went for another safari! It was posted at 15 minutes but we walked right on.
Emily feels like it’s too dark and can barely see anything! But it's nice that the night safari has different facts than in daytime. And I really liked that she made everyone be really quiet. It was relaxing other than the fact that she managed to find every. bump. on. the. road. And I was holding a sleeping Malcolm :banghead:.

Dad, Lukas, and Em went for another banshee ride with our child swap pass.

@AKemily: On this ride I was on the last bike in the room and looked around more. I hadn’t realized that the room is 3 stories tall! I literally thought it was just us. Pretty naive looking back at it. Because we had done the fastpass line every time I never had to do any stairs and later realized that the people in standby had to do some stairs to get to the upper levels. I won’t say it didn’t ruin the illusion at all, but regardless, it is still a very impressive ride the third time you go on it.

I did a mobile order for Satu’li Canteen (I just ordered a variety of bowls). I went to pick up the food and again forgot about the alcohol so could only bring 2 drinks back (I got 3 cups for fountain drinks in place of the rest). We knew we wanted to leave when they got off of the ride so I grabbed to go containers and packed up 4 of the bowls. My Mom went to go fill the fountain drink cups but the doors were locked! She knocked and someone still eating in the restaurant opened the door for her so she could go fill them up. I was starving so I just picked a bowl and ate it - it ended up being the beef, potato hash, and ranch dressing. Probably not what I would have ordered but it all tasted very good, a little heavy on the dressing.

It was 8:20pm by the time they were done the ride and we were all exhausted. We thought that by leaving after park closing that we might miss the 8pm rush to the bus. Nope. So very wrong we were. This is what we were greeted with at the Port Orleans bus stop (the only park where the bus services both POR and POFQ).
IMG_1699.jpg

We couldn’t believe our eyes. We could have sat and eaten some food at Satu’li if we knew this would be what would meet us at the bus. Or walked around. Or anything other than stand in this line. I offered to my parents and Emily that they could take an Uber back to the resort (we couldn’t because of car seats) but they chose to stick it out with us. The people behind us chose to grab a bus to the MK and grab a POR bus from there. MK had a 9pm closing time and it was about 8:50pm at this time so I didn’t think that would be any faster. 40 minutes later we were on the 4th bus that came after we got to the bus stop. We were happy to at least be able to sit down. After stops at POFQ and the POR West depot, me, Dad, Lukas, and the kids got off at our stop at the North Depot. Mom and Em stayed on the bus and got off at the South depot to grab cutlery and microwave the food so everyone could eat their Satu’li meals in the rooms.

@AKemily adds: Oh my gosh it was so cold this night and I was wearing lightweight shorts so I basically sprinted back to the room for fear of losing my legs. I also didn’t look at what was in the boxes before I microwaved them and ended up eating a very warm salad… It still tasted pretty good, actually.

We didn’t have an ADR until 10:10 the next day and no plans until then so at least we could relax a bit in the morning.

Up Next: Trattoria al Forno and EPCOT

Last edited:

AKemily

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
On this ride I was on the last bike in the room and looked around more. I hadn’t realized that the room is 3 stories tall! I literally thought it was just us. Pretty naive looking back at it. Because we had done the fastpass line every time I never had to do any stairs and later realized that the people in standby had to do some stairs to get to the upper levels. I won’t say it didn’t ruin the illusion at all, but regardless, it is still a very impressive ride the third time you go on it.
I believe @sheriffwoody said the same thing recently. I was glad I was not the only one who was unaware!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom February 3, 2018

As much as we all love Animal Kingdom, it never truly feels like a Disney trip until you get to the Magic Kingdom!

Malcolm woke us up at 6:20am this morning which was fine because it was another EMH morning!
View attachment 263295
View attachment 263297View attachment 263298

We were at the bus stop at 7:10, on a bus by 7:22 and at the Fantasyland rope by 7:57!
View attachment 263292
We decided to take advantage of EMH by doing everything that everyone else was not doing. AKA not going to 7DMT or PP.

First stop - something we hadn’t done in years (if ever!). Winnie the Pooh! Fun fact: We live in Winnipeg which is the city that “Winnie” the Pooh is named after!
View attachment 263294
We walked straight onto a Hunny Pot.
View attachment 263301
What a ride. It’s very… bizarre. If you’ve never experienced it before it’s very loud and colorful and head-spinning o_O. It was kind of a trippy start to Kinley’s first Magic Kingdom day and she was a bit overwhelmed. So where do you take an overwhelmed 2 year old?? To meet all her favourite princesses of course :hilarious:!
View attachment 263293

Up Next: Princess Fairytale Hall!

Did your aunt pick you up a Lillebaby, or did Tula start making lumbar support?

We headed to Gaston’s for our fix. We got 2 cinnamon buns and coffee for the group :hungry:. We had an ADR at 10:20 so we just needed to tide ourselves over until then.
View attachment 263393

Chair still there? Check!
View attachment 263394View attachment 263395

It was just after 9:00 and the people were flooding in (this was an 8/10 Saturday in the MK). I wanted Kinley to meet Merida and she started at 9:15 so we made our way there.

Stopped for a photopass.
View attachment 263400

There were a few people ahead of us in line for Merida M&G and we ended up waiting about 15 minutes.

This CM outside the Merida M&G was a very serious-seeming man, but what you wouldn't expect is that he is actually a Disney princess!
While we waited, a squirrel came up (you can see it in this picture on the pillar).
View attachment 263397

The squirrel jumped on and off the CM and climbed all over him! You can see the squirrels tail poking out from behind the CM in this picture.
View attachment 263399

The CM said it sometimes jumped on guests and would freak them out. He also said that they tried to relocate this squirrel but he just kept finding his way back. It seemed like he didn't want to draw attention to it, he probably didn't want his little friend to be taken away :happy:

Up Next: Merida!

That is so so cool about the squirrel!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Day 4 - Hollywood Studios & some kind of super game February 4, 2018

So I was instructed to schedule “down time” on this trip. And I did… sort of. But I consider it a super waste to not be in the parks at rope drop That first bit of time with low crowds and walk on rides is priceless. So we were up and at ‘em and on a bus by 7:00.
View attachment 263980
We arrived at HS around 7:20am.

(Selfie game strong @amjt660)
View attachment 263982View attachment 263983View attachment 263984

We scanned our Mickey bands at 7:40am but there was still a rope at Sunset Boulevard.

Before our trip I bought this double stroller used and we never really tried it out before the trip because, snow. We discovered shortly after arriving that one of the wheels had a really bad squeak. I kind of liked it because I could always tell if whoever was pushing the stroller was keeping up with me ;). But it drove whoever was pushing the stroller crazy. So we stopped at the Wheelchair Rental place at HS to see if they had anything we could use to stop this squeak! The CM found an almost empty can of WD40 and we used the remaining drops to grease up the wheels on the stroller - worked like a charm!
View attachment 263976
No more squeak, but I had to turn around a lot more often to make sure they were keeping up :hilarious:.

We joined the crowd for rope drop. Our plan was to go first to RNR as we had chosen TSMM FP+ in this tier. But we needed coffee and Malcolm was sleeping in the carrier. So, Mom, Dad, and Kin went to Trolley Car to get our caffeine fix and a round of Bacon/Egg/Gouda sandwiches while Me, Em, and Lukas went to RNR.
View attachment 263988
Lukas had Malcolm sleeping in the carrier so me and Em grabbed a child swap pass and jumped in the standby queue.

There was no preshow! How would we get our backstage passes! :jawdrop:
View attachment 263975
Side note: Has anyone else ever been in the preshow and had one of the CMs standing in the room and talking in sync with the lady in the preshow thing pretending he's talking to her? It's happened on 2 of my previous trips. Maybe it's more normal than I think. Either way, it's hilarious and I love it.

View attachment 263986

After our ride, we re-joined the group and Dad, Lukas, and Emily went for a ride. They did get the preshow. It was still EMH so there was no FP+ line, but they could still use that queue with the child swap pass. (See sometimes we actually use the child swap properly :hilarious:)
View attachment 263987

A funny story by Emily that I never knew about until I just read her notes on my report :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::

@AKemily : Having already rode RNR and having no preshow, I neglected the CMs comment of stopping before the yellow line. The doors were open and I could see people still walking through the preshow room. My mind told me - the preshow is not going on - let’s go! Only to get smacked in the face by the door. The CM inside the room kindly reminded me that the doors were closing. No kidding. Lukas had a great laugh at my expense. (My face was okay too).

Up Next: More HS
Nevermind!! It's an Ergo!! I didn't know they stated making lumbar support though! We've been out of the game for a while...

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
After we re-grouped, we hurried back to Pandora for another flight on our banshees! We grabbed a child swap pass and me, Lukas, and Emily went for the ride while Mom and Dad took the kids to see FotLK. I was in seat 1 and I must have been directly in front of the scent sprayer, it was not quite as magical when you had that smell blasted into your face :hungover:. Some of the effects also seemed a bit skewed being on the end of the row. Emily was in seat 3 and didn't get any splashes.

While we were on FoP, Dad and Kinley went to see FotLK while Mom tried to calm a very unhappy Malcolm.

We all met up again and decided Dad, Lukas, and Emily would go use our EE FP+ and Me, Mom and the kids would wait in Africa.

View attachment 264582View attachment 264583
Kinley was asking to see giraffes again so we went for another safari! It was posted at 15 minutes but we walked right on.
Emily feels like it’s too dark and can barely see anything! But it's nice that the night safari has different facts than in daytime. And I really liked that she made everyone be really quiet. It was relaxing other than the fact that she managed to find every. bump. on. the. road. And I was holding a sleeping Malcolm :banghead:.

Dad, Lukas, and Em went for another banshee ride with our child swap pass.

@AKemily: On this ride I was on the last bike in the room and looked around more. I hadn’t realized that the room is 3 stories tall! I literally thought it was just us. Pretty naive looking back at it. Because we had done the fastpass line every time I never had to do any stairs and later realized that the people in standby had to do some stairs to get to the upper levels. I won’t say it didn’t ruin the illusion at all, but regardless, it is still a very impressive ride the third time you go on it.

I did a mobile order for Satu’li Canteen (I just ordered a variety of bowls). I went to pick up the food and again forgot about the alcohol so could only bring 2 drinks back (I got 3 cups for fountain drinks in place of the rest). We knew we wanted to leave when they got off of the ride so I grabbed to go containers and packed up 4 of the bowls. My Mom went to go fill the fountain drink cups but the doors were locked! She knocked and someone still eating in the restaurant opened the door for her so she could go fill them up. I was starving so I just picked a bowl and ate it - it ended up being the beef, potato hash, and ranch dressing. Probably not what I would have ordered but it all tasted very good, a little heavy on the dressing.

It was 8:20pm by the time they were done the ride and we were all exhausted. We thought that by leaving after park closing that we might miss the 8pm rush to the bus. Nope. So very wrong we were. This is what we were greeted with at the Port Orleans bus stop (the only park where the bus services both POR and POFQ).
View attachment 264585

We couldn’t believe our eyes. We could have sat and eaten some food at Satu’li if we knew this would be what would meet us at the bus. Or walked around. Or anything other than stand in this line. I offered to my parents and Emily that they could take an Uber back to the resort (we couldn’t because of car seats) but they chose to stick it out with us. The people behind us chose to grab a bus to the MK and grab a POR bus from there. MK had a 9pm closing time and it was about 8:50pm at this time so I didn’t think that would be any faster. 40 minutes later we were on the 4th bus that came after we got to the bus stop. We were happy to at least be able to sit down. After stops at POFQ and the POR West depot, me, Dad, Lukas, and the kids got off at our stop at the North Depot. Mom and Em stayed on the bus and got off at the South depot to grab cutlery and microwave the food so everyone could eat their Satu’li meals in the rooms.

@AKemily adds: Oh my gosh it was so cold this night and I was wearing lightweight shorts so I basically sprinted back to the room for fear of losing my legs. I also didn’t look at what was in the boxes before I microwaved them and ended up eating a very warm salad… It still tasted pretty good, actually.

We didn’t have an ADR until 10:10 the next day and no plans until then so at least we could relax a bit in the morning.

Up Next: Trattoria al Forno and EPCOT

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Warm salad!!

krause

Original Poster
Nevermind!! It's an Ergo!! I didn't know they stated making lumbar support though! We've been out of the game for a while...

Yep it’s an ergo360! I think my Tula has lumbar support though too. It fit almost identical to this one except the Tula straps are easier to loosen than this one and the shoulder pads are a bit softer. Lukas prefers the ergo because he said my Tula had too girly of a pattern he couldn’t wear it :rolleyes:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Yep it’s an ergo360! I think my Tula has lumbar support though too. It fit almost identical to this one except the Tula straps are easier to loosen than this one and the shoulder pads are a bit softer. Lukas prefers the ergo because he said my Tula had too girly of a pattern he couldn’t wear it :rolleyes:

My husband preferred the ergo too. I think it for the make body better, since most carriers are designed mostly for moms

krause

Original Poster
Day 6 - Trattoria al Forno and EPCOT

Malcolm was up every hour all night. He is a better sleeper than Kinley ever was, but that’s not saying much. Kinley slept until 6 and then Lukas got up with her and took the kids out of the room so I could sleep a bit.
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2009.jpg
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg

I woke up at 8:25 and was in a bit of a panic because I didn’t know how long it would take us to get to TaF and I was hoping to be at the bus stop by 8:45. I rushed to get ready and get everyone else ready too. We got to the bus stop and were on a full bus to HS at 9:05am.

We had decided to walk to the Boardwalk from HS as all of us were quite tired of buses already. Other than Kinley of course who declared “More Mickey bus” every time we got off of one. It was a very nice walk over.
IMG_6425.JPG

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_6430.JPG

IMG_6432.JPG

krause

Original Poster
We made it to Trattoria al Forno at 9:50 - plenty of time to spare before our 10:10am reservation.
IMG_1705.jpg

We sat outside until our reservation time and then moved inside.
IMG_2012.jpg
IMG_6438.JPG

And we stood. And waited. And waited. They almost roped me into buying souvenirs while we waited.
IMG_6441.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG

We were finally seated around 10:25am and provided with orange juice, water, and a frying pan of pastries - half of them were devoured before I could get this picture.
IMG_1709.jpg

We ordered a round of Italian Iced Coffees with Bailey’s (which we all agreed were very yum! :hungry:) and put in our food orders. We were given fruit cups before the food came.
IMG_6446.JPG

Lukas had Royale Breakfast.
IMG_1713.jpg

Me and Emily had Tangled Eggs
IMG_1715.jpg

Mom and Dad had Two-Eggs Poached Underwater. (No picture :()

All the food was really good (with the highlights being the pastries and the Italian coffees :joyfull:), but nothing mind-blowing.

Up Next: Characters!

krause

Original Poster
Flynn was introduced first! We were seated in a nice corner booth and were probably about the 8th table that the characters made it to after they entered which was perfect. Kinley was very excited watching them in the restaurant but of course clammed up as soon as they would approach.
IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_6447.JPG
IMG_6449.JPG

Flynn put on his smoulder for pictures.
IMG_1719.jpg

And he showed Kinley the secret crown that he had in his satchel (shhh!) :joyfull:
IMG_1724.jpg

Rapunzel was next! We had already met Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall so her page was signed already, but she just turned to Pascal’s page and signed his! I thought that was quick thinking on the part of Rapunzel.
IMG_1727.jpg

Next up was Prince Eric! He was good. I liked him. :oops:
IMG_1741.jpg

Finally, Ariel! Kinley was a bit starstruck by Ariel.
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg

Flynn and Eric were great interactions. Rapunzel and Ariel were just okay. I do enjoy the character breakfasts and meeting the characters but the lighting in this restaurant definitely wasn't designed for photos.

Up Next: Making our way to EPCOT

krause

Original Poster
I have never been to this area so I really wanted to walk around a bit so we decided to take the long way to the International Gateway.

We saw this beauty sitting outside.
IMG_1753.jpg

“Oh, there’s my Uber”, says Emily. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

They were hanging up these signs when we walked by on our way to TaF earlier. Not sure if they're new or if they were getting refurbished or what.
IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Kinley quickly fell asleep while we were walking.
IMG_1757.jpg

We saw this set up outside of the Yacht Club so maybe that was Cinderella’s destination?
IMG_1762.jpg
IMG_1766.jpg
IMG_1770.jpg

We did go in the Yacht Club lobby just to smell it. Lukas said it smells like “Prada”. :joyfull:. He has no idea what Prada smells like.
IMG_1773.jpg
IMG_1776.jpg

Up Next: Continuing our walk

krause

Original Poster
Lukas grabbed a beer, and me a Pina Colava from Hurricane Hanna’s.
IMG_1777.jpg
IMG_1778.jpg

Then to the Beach Club lobby for a whiff. I preferred this smell over the Yacht Club but they of course both smell heavenly. :inlove:
IMG_1779.jpg
IMG_1780.jpg

Bathroom stop. What had to happen here for them to put this sign up? :bored:. I didn't see a sign at any other change tables..
IMG_1781.jpg

Made it! No line here, but they did make us finish our drinks.
IMG_1783.jpg

Up Next: EPCOT!

krause

Original Poster
Okay, I did warn anyone who read my pre-trip report that we’re not EPCOT lovers. However, there are SO many things to do, we always find a way to fill up all our available time and still leave with lots that we missed.

Dad grabbed a beer at Rose & Crown and we started making our way to The Seas. First things first, adding our part to the Festival of the Arts painting!
IMG_6468.JPG
IMG_6469.JPG
IMG-0481.jpg

Okay, major confession time. I dripped. Big time dripped my paint down the painting. I knew I should only do 5 squares but I had a lot of paint left so I scooped up a whole bunch to do just one more square and it did a big dark blue gloopy drip down over an already painted area. I’M SO SORRY GUYS! It also dripped all over my hands and my new baby carrier if that makes it better? It was unfixable. So what did I do? Bolted, of course. :hilarious:

We continued walking towards The Seas. We stopped and watched the living statues for a few minutes - they’re so fun! Emily grabbed a Starbucks and on we went.
IMG_6472.JPG

IMG_1787.jpg

krause

Original Poster
We parked the stroller in the “sea” of strollers, and climbed aboard our clamshell. After we got dizzy on the EAC, we walked to the Turtle Talk with Crush queue. This is only my second time doing this show but doesn’t it seem like you wait in that little room forever??! It has seemed endless both times. Anyways, we got our seats, the kids questions were adorable, I think 2 of them asked “How do you swim?”, and Crush was hilarious, “Like this” he answered while moving his fins.

We did some diaper changes and made our way back out to the stroller. We had an important FP+ to make it to!

Emily scoffed at me when I made a FP+ for Character Spot but it. Was. Totally. Worth. It.

We waited probably 10 minutes in the FP line. Mickey was up first! By this time, Kinley was used to meeting characters and would go willingly by herself to them and give them hugs.
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_408582010599.JPG

We took way too much time, but every time I would try to move on, Mickey and the photog would keep taking shots! By the time we were done at Mickey, the people who had been seeing Goofy and Minnie were long gone.
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_408582010852.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_408582093017.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_408582093035.JPG

The photog said that Mickey would hold Malcolm so of course we had to take her up on that! We sat Malcolm on the floor and he sat with Mickey and got what I think is the shot of the trip. Priceless.
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_408582010865.JPG

We made our way to Goofy (How many times a day do you think he hears “You’re so tall!”)
EPCOT_CHRCON2_20180206_408582098235.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON2_20180206_408582098247.jpg

And then to Minnie who was also adorable with Kinley.

EPCOT_CHRCON3_20180206_408652375028.jpg
EPCOT_CHRCON3_20180206_408652394848.jpg

EPCOT_CHRCON3_20180206_408652375032.jpg

This was so much fun. Kinley saw the pictures of Joy, Sadness, and Baymax across from Character Spot so we checked out their queues but they were too long. We had some royalty to visit!

krause

Original Poster
We made our way to Norway. Not gonna lie, this is the farthest we made it into the World Showcase on this trip :facepalm:.

We had a FP+ for FEA. Lukas had to take the chicken exit because Malcolm had a poop that was on the verge of blowing out and there was no floor space for me to change his diaper :hilarious:. For some reason, the CM crammed 4 fully grown adults and a 2 year old into the back row of the boat, so we got this lovely picture.
EPCOT_FROZENRIDE_20180206_8171663393.jpeg

I rode Maelstrom as a kid but have no recollection of it. I like this Frozen overlay but I still find the ride quite bumpy and wonder if they could have updated the mechanics of the ride a bit while they were doing what I assume is anexpensive overlay. Ah well, it’s still cute.

After our journey through Arendelle, we went to go meet the Queen and Princess. It was posted at 20 minutes and that’s about what we waited. We had done quite a few M&G’s by this point and Kinley was getting pretty good at them. However, I think the excitement of Anna and Elsa was too much because she automatically did this:
IMG_2014.jpg
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB1_20180206_408652643102.jpg

When she met them. Like what is that?? It looks like she's going to have an accident she's so excited to see them. It was hilarious. She did it with both of them but no one else the whole trip so I guess they were the best?

We managed to get a few “real” smiles out of her. Anna and Elsa both complimented her shirt “We should get a shirt with a picture of her on it!” Anna told Elsa.
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20180206_408652628321.jpg
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20180206_408652628334.jpg
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20180206_408652327999.jpg

I always think Elsa looks too overdone but she is the Queen so what do I know.
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB1_20180206_408652636513.jpg
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB1_20180206_408652748403.jpg

krause

Original Poster
Oh yeah, before our Character Spot, Kinley had to have another ones of these :hungry:
IMG-0489.jpg

While we were in line for Elsa & Anna, I grabbed FP+ for LWTL and I was wanting to eat at Sunshine Seasons anyways, so we made our way to The Land!
IMG_1811.jpg

We met up with Dad and Lukas at this splash pad to let Kinley play for a while. It was HOT! She basically just stood on top of this one spray of water :joyfull:
IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_6480.JPG

I had fried rice with sweet and sour chicken,
IMG_1815.jpg

and of course, I had to try this:
IMG_1814.jpg

It was good! Not Darth Vader good, but I did manage to eat at least half of it by myself, and my family were kind enough to help me out with the rest.

We walked straight onto the Farm Ride with our FP+ and had a lovely ride. 2 trips ago I was nursing Kinley and I was in the first row of the boat and thought, “Hey! No one behind me can see what’s going on, I’ll just feed her here!” (I imagine people watching security camera see enough things every day that this doesn’t faze them). Well. I wasn’t aware of the Behind the Seeds tour. They may have gotten an eyeful when we came around the corner :hilarious:.
IMG_1818.jpg
IMG_1819.jpg

At this point we were tired. Kinley was still asking to see Joy as well as Snow White. The line for Joy was still sooo long and I just couldn’t walk all the way to Germany to see how long the line for Snow White would be. It was the hottest day of our trip and we had been going strong for 5 days now. But Emily loooovveesss her night shows and there was no way she was leaving before IllumiNations. And I haven’t seen IllumiNations in years so I had really been looking forward to seeing it again. I knew that taking Malcolm back to the room without me was a no go as it was only about 5pm. So, Mom, Dad, Lukas, and Kinley headed back to POR, and Me, Emily and Malcolm were on our own!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom