Trip Report Goin' Down the Bayou: Takin' You All The Way **COMPLETE**

I sit here at my kitchen table. Paw Patrol is on the TV, toys strewn around the living room. Breakfast made, eaten and cleaned up, coffee re-heated for the third time, and Malcolm down for his first nap. It feels the same, it’s our routine. Did we really just return from 8 days in Disney or was it just a dream? I see little Minnie and Mickey crocs on my counter…Snow White and Tigger stuffed toys in Kinley’s bed… It wasn’t a dream! It was 8 caffeine-fuelled, whirlwind days through Orlando, and somehow we survived to share the story with you all! Did my WDWMagic dreams come true? Did I accomplish all the things I was inspired to do by reading all the trip reports of the past? You’ll have to read along to find out!

Some quick reminders:

Who we are:
Me! (Teresa) and DH Lukas
Our kiddos Kinley (2.5yrs) and Malcolm (5 months)
My sister Emily (@AKemily)
My parents Marj and Kevin (Or “Baba” and “Oy” as Kinley calls them)

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_408501677219.JPG

When and Where: Feb 1-8, 2018 at POR

We had a great time but MAN are we ever tired. It is a LOT of work bringing 2 kids to Disney World (never mind your parents :hilarious:). But we had a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to re-living it all as I share with you because it is all still a blur in my mind. But we kept good notes, @AKemily will chime in here and there with her thoughts and feelings, and if you ever needed to see a thousand pictures of a 2 year old meeting Disney characters, we’ve got you covered!

Coming Up: Travel Day 1 - We forget something VERY important on the plane (Not a kid, don’t worry)

krause

Original Poster
First trip report?
Really?
Doesn’t show at all
Job well done

Your list of what you did not do reads like what should be your plan for your next trip
So most of your wrap up is the content of your next PTR!!

I enjoyed following along with my Canadian
Cousins from the Peg

Look me up if you ever come towards
Toronto
I am one hour west in Waterloo

Max

Thank you thank you thank you :happy:

Yes I realized my list was getting a bit long but kept it up as it’s a good reminder for the next time I’m planning. Our good ol’ Manitoba government is closing the ER I work in so when I’m done maternity leave I don’t know where or if I’ll have a job so I’m tryyiinngggg not to think too much about our next trip but it’s hard!!

We do have family in Bradford and Chatham, and a cousin moving to Toronto next month but we haven’t been out there in years and years, but maybe some day!

krause

Original Poster
Wonderful wonderful trip report!! I loved reading along. Did you ever hear back about your Tula? I cringed at the beginning of the TR because I KNOW how expensive those suckers are! I just loved the picture of Malcom smiling at Snow White!! How sweet!

Thanks for reading!! No I never heard back but I didn’t try terribly hard either. I feel like it’s a lost cause. It says right on the website that forgotten items are disposed of after 7 days. And I’ve already bought another one now 😩. Haha yeah he really charmed Snow White. I felt bad she was spending so much time with him but we sure got some good pictures!

AKemily

I realized I never did my own final thoughts.

POR - It was stunning. If I ever stay on resort again I would definitely look at staying there again! It just hurts my wallet :cry: The Canadian exchange rate is a killer. But the rooms were really comfortable and everything you need is just a short walk away. The close proximity to POFQ and the boat to Disney Springs are huge bonuses as well. The boat ride to Disney Springs was also much more scenic than I expected. So beautiful!

Dining Plan - it also hurt my wallet. However, if we were to eat at all the same places we did while not on the dining plan I'm sure we would have spent much more. Depending on the kind of trip, I will probably skip it in the future and eat at cheaper locations. We certainly ate at places we never would have if we hadn't been on the Dining Plan which was very exciting.

Speaking of food, oh my goodness, I'm still dreaming about the fried chicken at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. I'm so glad @krause made us go there. It was so amazing. It was by far my favourite ADR of the trip. I also very much enjoyed Crystal Palace and 'Ohana. I'd like to go back to 'Ohana for lunch or dinner.

I'm can't believe I didn't do a 3D show while in Disney World! No Muppets, ITTBAB or Philharmagic!?:arghh::cry: And no Fantasmic? No Country Bears? I guess I'm just gonna have to go back. :joyfull: But seriously, I'm so glad that I got to do the things I did (which was much more than some of the other members of my family) and that I got to do it with the people that I love. I mean are Kinley and Malcolm not the cutest?! :inlove: I'm a very lucky auntie.

Anyways, I'll leave you with that. Maybe one day I'll ditch @krause and write my own report! :angelic::D Until next time, friends!
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom