Go-To Places to Eat

princesssteph

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I are off to Walt Disney World in September and whilst we have both been a few times before, I was wondering what everyone's go-to restaurants (sit down or quick service) are? Places you try to go to every trip/would never miss?
We can book our dining as from next month and we've tried a few places on-site but normally eat off-site (especially for breakfast and dinner). We would like to explore more of the food options within the parks!

Simba’s Mom

Although there aren't any restaurants I MUST go to every trip (so many great restaurants, so little time), here are a few I especially try to get to-
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
Tangerine Cafe (the only QS on the list)
Yak and Yeti TS
Beaches and Cream

And if you go to any of these in September, look for a solo lady on an ECV-that's when my next trip is.

Zé_Carioca

MK: Skipper's Canteen (sit-down). For quick service I love getting the monorail to the Poly for Captain Cook's.

DAK: Nomad Lounge for drinks and tapas or Satuli for a healthy bowl (quick-service).

Epcot: I honestly love going for the festivals and eating around the booths but I also enjoy Tangerine Cafe (quick service).

DHS: I love the quick service at SWGE Docking Bay 7 and I like Sci-Fi not particularly for the food but for the experience.

All in all, I prefer resort dining and feel like they have better restaurant options so I can list those too, but since you mentioned parks I tried to stick to those.

Minnesota disney fan

We always eat at Liberty Tree Tavern at MK on arrival day. The lunch selection is great. However, we arrive at dinner for their Pilgrims feast. It is all fabulous food! We like BOG for MK too.
We like Sci-Fi for HS, for the food and fun movies.
Epcot has a lot of places, but we like the QS in England for the fish and chips.
AK" QS at Yak and Yeti Food café.
The resorts all have wonderful QS places to eat and TS too.
You will not have a problem finding a good place to eat.

Mickey5150

I have 3 can't miss QS places. Columbia Harbour House in the MK, have to sit upstairs in the section that overlooks fantasyland to one side and liberty square to the other. Flametree Barbecue in AK, sitting on the water looking towards Everest. Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot, sometimes for lunch, but always for breakfast.

Lilofan

Maybe I'm the minority but the last thing on my mind is overeating at WDW in the hot humid and oppressive summer. It would make us sluggish and bloated. Quick service dining is our go to places but on occasion I like the German buffett in Epcot but we load up on salads and lean meat.

ncc1701a

For us it is Crystal Palace for breakfast, Mama Melrose at lunch ( we get the flatbread pizza & salad), Homecomin in Disney Springs. We had a great lunch at Rose & Crown last November. Our experiences has been lunch service at Table Service restaurants in the Parks has been good but sometimes dinner has been a different story. For example we stopped doing Rose & Crown and Mama Melrose at dinner but will do lunch. Many restaurants in the parks have the same menu at both lunch & dinner.

NiarrNDisney

My most frequented/must eat at places are:

blueZoo (Dolphin)
Boulangerie Patisserie les Halle s (Epcot)
Cookes of Dublin (DS)
Earl of Sandwich (DS)
Homecoming (DS)
Nomad Lounge (DAK)
Phins (Dolphin)
Raglan Road (DS)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)
Spice Road Table (Epcot)
Splitsville (DS)
Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)
Tutto Gusto (Epcot)
the Wave (CR)

But now with so many new places try I think my list is going to get a shake up!

princesssteph

Original Poster
Thank you all for your replies and recommendations!
I have noted them all down and am looking forward to trying so many of them!
Have a magical day🎇

Club Cooloholic

Its not gourmet but we always have one meal at Flame Tree BBQ at DAK. Love sitting outside by the water there.
Another thing we have had a few times is the Cobb salad at Brown Derby in DHS. I think you can get it in the lounge area and if you go for lunch there is no issue scoring a table.

Lilofan

Its not gourmet but we always have one meal at Flame Tree BBQ at DAK. Love sitting outside by the water there.
Another thing we have had a few times is the Cobb salad at Brown Derby in DHS. I think you can get it in the lounge area and if you go for lunch there is no issue scoring a table.
I've been to the Brown Derby. I could stare at the wall picture all day. I think the exclusive Club 33 is upstairs but with a 5 figure annual fee for the privilege of being in the club.

Hockey89

Maybe I'm the minority but the last thing on my mind is overeating at WDW in the hot humid and oppressive summer. It would make us sluggish and bloated. Quick service dining is our go to places but on occasion I like the German buffett in Epcot but we load up on salads and lean meat.
We eat big dinners, but for lunch I totally agree. The thought of eating fish in chips in the heat is enough to make me puke.

UNCgolf

The best meal I've had at Disney is at Flying Fish, which is on the Boardwalk. Both times we've eaten there the food has been excellent.

Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte are both great for quick service at Disney Springs, and the bakery in France (someone already mentioned it) as well as the fish and chips stand in the UK at EPCOT are both very good.

The person above me mentioned Boma, which I'll second -- we try to go there for the breakfast buffet once a trip.

macefamily

Contemporary Resort: California Grill - after 30+ visits to Disney over the years, I first tried this place three years ago. Now we always try to get a reservation. I suggest an evening reservation where you can watch the fireworks from the roof, and then engage in a wonderful meal.
Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree - go there with an appetite. Good home style comfort food.
Hollywood Studios: Mama Melrose - Good Italian food. Not overly pretentious.
Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti - nice variety for either lunch or dinner. Landry Club membership suggested for all-the-time seating.
Epcot: Via Napoli - OK, another Italian place, but this one is much different than MM. Pizzas and many more Italian offerings. Try
the wine flight.
Disney Springs: Art Smith's Homecomin - MUST do brunch on Saturday or Sunday. Great southern menu and very affordable.
The Boathouse - Incredible raw bar. Oysters are phenomenal. A fantastic seafood menu.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

Our perennial favorites are Yak & Yeti (AK, great variety of dishes), Skipper Canteen (MK, another great a la carte table service option), and Via Napoli (Epcot, with Neopolitan-style pizza and great salads -- and if you order a pizza to share rather than individual non-pizza entrees, it's priced just slightly above what counter-service would cost).

Dinner at 'Ohana (Polynesian) used to top the list and was our traditional "last night at WDW" meal, but since our last visit less than 2 years ago, Disney has upped the price from $42 to over $60 per person (making it a $300 meal for my family of four, and with fewer food options than it used to include)! That totally priced us out, so we'll be dropping that tradition from the roster permanently. Given that your party is smaller, OP, the cost might not be so prohibitive for you, and it was (and presumably remains) a nice experience.

macefamily

Totally agree about Ohana. I've only eaten there once on the recommendation of my daughter who was down there for the Disney College Program. My wife, daughter, and two of her CP girlfriends went there. Guess who picked up the tab ? Ouch. Then, I had to cover the tab for Trader Sams afterwards. Expensive evening.

ToInfinity

MK: Be Our Guest Lunch QS, Columbia Harbor House QS
AK: Flame Tree BBQ QS, Yak and Yeti QS, Tusker House
HS: 50’s Prime Time
Epcot: Fish & Chips QS in UK, Le Cellier, Vis Napoli, Snacks at Sunshine Seasons, San Angel In Restaurante

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom