Go to "Mickey's not so Scary Party" or not

Leigh51

Original Poster
Hello all,I have just found out the Magic Kingdom will close early on 4 of the 5 nights we will be at WDW.Oct.8-Oct.13.It is just my husband and I going.Is it worth going to the "Party"?I have rooms at the Contempory so we will be close to MK. and we have park view rooms.Go or no?

DisneyGigi

It is awesome! Just don’t make elaborate costumes, and get disappointed like we did, when it is a rain out. We did it 2 years before, no rain. Last year, I hand made everything and was so disappointed when it rained us out. Disney did give us a refund though. October, may not be as rainy as the first of September either. If you haven’t ever experienced it, it is a must do.

NickWilde

Never been, but heard only positive things. Would love to go. A few rules I’ve heard involving the costumes tho:

- Nothing covering the face is allowed, to minimize confusion between guests and characters

- Multi-layered costumes are subject to further inspection, so be aware

- I don’t think that cosplaying as any characters already in the parks is allowed, except for if there is some kind of distinction. (EX: human version of animal character, princess in modern day attire, etc.) You’ll have to check on that one though, as I’ve heard from some people it is allowed. Not sure if they’re telling the truth tho

- Elaborate costumes are allowed

- Nothing resembling a weapon is allowed, with a few exceptions. (read Disney site) This is to prevent people from smuggling guns, swords or other dangerous objects.

DisneyGigi

Never been, but heard only positive things. Would love to go. A few rules I’ve heard involving the costumes tho:

- Nothing covering the face is allowed, to minimize confusion between guests and characters

- I don’t think that cosplaying as any characters already in the parks is allowed, except for if there is some kind of distinction. (EX: human version of animal character, princess in modern day attire, etc.) You’ll have to check on that one though, as I’ve heard from some people it is allowed. Not sure if they’re telling the truth tho

- Nothing resembling a weapon is allowed, with a few exceptions. (read Disney site) This is to prevent people from smuggling guns, swords or other dangerous objects.
Disney loves costumes, and so do guests. You are not allowed to pose for photos with or for guests.
No weapons, you used to could carry a pirates orange capped gun, my son still carried a sword we bought at PotC gift shop. This is my son last year, as Jack Sparrow, his wife as Tink, and son as Peter Pan. I made all of the costumes. CM’s loved it.
C651084E-D8C6-4CCC-8932-E3337206F358.jpeg
75D6AC1B-F750-498C-B02D-D3B17BAC44EF.jpeg

0D9CFB5E-9A3E-4EC2-86B1-44DDC2A565CD.jpeg

mf1972

we normally visit wdw in october & do the party every trip. its usually pretty fun. special halloween parade, stage show, & fireworks. lately, they’ve been offering special halloween dessert treats u can buy around the park.
i think the prices go up a bit more the closer it gets towards halloween & it’ll sellout too.
imo, it’s worth doing at least once

LUVofDIS

It is an awesome party, we will be going twice this year. DO NOT MISS THE PARADE, that is an order. You may want to do a Tuesday party. The parties could get very busy by the middle of October. There is so much to do once the party starts, actually before the party starts. There are cool meet-n-greets (though we don't do to many of these). Two parades, not to be missed. A stage show, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular is put on two or three times, HolloWishes Fireworks, a few dressed up rides, some dance parties, pretzels and cookies and candy, I wouldn't waste to much time standing in line for the candy. The Haunted Mansion is really the only must do ride, Madame Carlotta and Rinata will be out front and are very entertaining.. Oh did I mention the Boo-Too-You Parade? Yes, do it.

LowesChevy

Definitely worth it if the park closes early most nights while you are there and a major plus that you are at the Contemporary! If you can hang till the second parade the park crowds tend to wind down. Aside from some rare character greetings, dance parties and candy our main focus was the the attractions with shorter lines :). Not everythng is open, but you can catch a lot of attractions and maximize your park time. Don’t plan an early morning for the next day if you plan to stay late! Walking back to the room is easy enough.

LeighM

My husband and I did the Halloween party twice. We loved it both times. Although it was horribly humid one year - I don't know how my husband who was dressed like a pirate survived wearing those pants LOL. We always slept in the morning of, went to MK at 4pm and took advantage of the FP+, and also slept in the next day. It wasn't as much fun when the humidity was bad and we ended up going back to the resort around 11 or so. But I definitely think it's worth it to do once.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I would definitely go but make sure you do your research because there is a lot to do that night. The parade is fantastic as well as the fireworks and stage show featuring the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. If you want to meet rare characters, you could wait up to 2 hours for them so be careful of that. It's a lot of fun!

thomas998

Covering your face is allowed as long as it doesn't obstruct your view, one of my daughters has done it numerous times and we've seen others do it as well. Only time we saw anyone getting grief over it was when someone was wearing what I think was a Guardians of the Galaxy mask/helmet, that didn't get through.

Also you can dress like any Disney character you want but you just can't pretend to be a regular cast member, so as others have said you can't go around posing with people. In the past we've seen some folks wearing some costumes that were better than the Disney versions that were in the parks. So if you want to go nuts on the costume you can.

What you should however remember is that Florida is still hot and humid that time of the year so if you go overboard on the layers or thickness of your costume you will likely pay for it in being very uncomfortable.

Also remember if you go they let you in at 4:00pm so if you don't have park hopper tickets for the day you are going you can use your ticket for that day on one of the other parks and then hit MK at 4:00pm... Or save your ticket all together if you want to sleep in.

Punzle

Go! It's worth it. Don't bother with the candy but dressing up was so fun and we got a lot of attention (dressed up as Hercules and crew). And the parade was awesome!

BASS

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice. We went once with the kids and haven't done it since. Granted, part of my attitude towards it is that the kids were gassed the following day, but I dunno, I don't think it merited the extra cost and several attractions were closed. Since you're traveling w/o kids, I presume your attitude may be different. Regardless, enjoy.

MissMaryEli

We went two years ago with the kids. We are doing a adult 'girls trip' the week of labor day and our package includes tickets. I'm very much looking forward to going without the kids. We are dressing up (an adults excuse to wear a tutu) . We won't get the candy, but will get some of the party only souvenirs. Being able to see the villains is really cool. The parade and fireworks are awesome.

jloucks

Worth it. You can wear costumes, which is a blast. We all wore something. Kids loved it. Crowds levels were pleasantly low. Not a ghost town by any means, but not boat packed.

BuddyThomas

It is some of the most fun you can have at Disney. We've done it twice and would do it again. Our previous costumes have been a thoroughly unconvincing Michael and John from Peter Pan and a couple of thoroughly unconvincing pirates. 😜
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom