Go See Reign of Fire!/BK is waiting..

Nightwing

Original Poster
I know some web sites have posted this before, so this is just a reminder. For the people who want to see Beastly Kingdom come to life, go see "Reign of Fire" this weekend!!!!!!!! The movie is getting great reviews and the "suits" are looking for a tie-in to build this park and get some positive buzz for a change. Just a thought..don't blast me!:sohappy:

Jedi Osborn

I've been looking forward to the movie for a long time, but now I'm hearing that there aren't enough scenes w/ the dragons. That if you've seen the trailers, you've seen 80% of them.
What did you think?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
I've been looking forward to the movie for a long time, but now I'm hearing that there aren't enough scenes w/ the dragons. That if you've seen the trailers, you've seen 80% of them.
What did you think?

I highly doubt that because they only show very SHORT clips of the dragons...think about it...in one scene they show the dragon being discovered...and then BOOM, thousands of them!!!

I actually compare the trailer for RoF to be like the Star Wars TEASERS (just short shots of the movie JUST to get you interested)

no2apprentice

I know this has been tossed around on other threads, but I just don't understand the mentality of Disney management worrying about how well ROF does at the box office, and how that should effect BK (if they are even worried about that - we'll never know until someone bugs the board room). TOT is a great attraction: the movie was mediocre at best. Does that mean you tear down TOT? If the Haunted Mansion movie comes out and bombs, do you tear down HM (talk about a riot if that happened - lol)?

If BK is well themed, given a decent budget, and the imagineers try to do something new, creative, and capture that *Disney Magic*, BK would be a success no matter how bad ROF does at the box office.

2much2do

Is it just me, or does anyone else think those trailers make RoF look really cheesy with terrible graphics and annimation???? It looks so cheap to me :(

WDWspider

I think it should have been based in 2002 or 3, rather than the future. Or does it start out now, and then jump to the future to show how the dragons have wiped us out and they have grown in numbers?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by 2much2do
Is it just me, or does anyone else think those trailers make RoF look really cheesy with terrible graphics and annimation???? It looks so cheap to me :(

I think the dragons and animation look awesome...but I feel like they are falling into the same flaws as most Computer animation...the things move TOOOOO fast. I don't know if you've ever noticed but even the BEST computer animation looks bad if the person/animal/object being animated does not have the same "reflex speed" or "movement speed" as the real thing.

monorail256

Originally posted by 2much2do

I think the movie looks cheesy.. lol

stingrock23

The main reason that people may not see it is because in the past 9 years we've had 3jurassic park movies and godzilla, and maybe people aren't as "awed" by the sight of realistic looking dragons/lizards/dinosaurs. I'm gonna see it, and i hope it does well, but this is the summer and there are many other movies out also. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it's gonna be a good movie, and if Disney does add Beastly Kingdom, they should do it regardless of whether the movie is a success. If it is, then maybe they could incorporate the movie more.

Rider

Originally posted by no2apprentice
I know this has been tossed around on other threads, but I just don't understand the mentality of Disney management worrying about how well ROF does at the box office, and how that should effect BK (if they are even worried about that - we'll never know until someone bugs the board room). TOT is a great attraction: the movie was mediocre at best. Does that mean you tear down TOT? If the Haunted Mansion movie comes out and bombs, do you tear down HM (talk about a riot if that happened - lol)?

If BK is well themed, given a decent budget, and the imagineers try to do something new, creative, and capture that *Disney Magic*, BK would be a success no matter how bad ROF does at the box office.

But TOT and HM were built before the movies (and TOT was a Disney Channel thing).

Anyway, I am going to go see it. Looks good to me.

mickeysv

Account Suspended
i wanted to like this movie more than anything, but I have to be honest. At best it was mediocre and this is being generous.
For the person who said this is getting mostly good reviews, not true. Rotten tomatoes.com have the critics ratings below 50%.

I was personally so disappointed with this film. It had the potential to kick butt, but it just never happened. What a yawn fest.:cry:

Stitchaholic

it keeped me wide awake, it was a excellent movie and the dragon do appear alot thru out the movie! and i dont think is yawn fest maybe you just weren't interested or you thought it was gonna be something that it didnt turn out to be either way is a excellent movie so go see it!!!!!!!! :D :sohappy: :wave: :slurp: :animwink: :)

Lance

I really liked it.........it wasn't SLOW AT ALL, it kept moving, very quick movie, only 100 minutes at the most....

My opinion, I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

A typical movie where you think to yourself, they could make a KICK ATTRACTION WITH THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Great idea for a movie, and they did a great job on it.

Rider

You have to take all reviews with a grain of salt.

Esp. the ones that spell like dis cuz its not kool.

And the ones that get all the facts wrong. Like they just skimed someone elses review and wrote about that.

Rider

Just got back from it. It was VERY good.

Here is somthing interesting I noticed: On the trailer they give the year as 2084. But in the movie the "awakining" happens about 2002/2003. With the movie taking place in 2020.

Sorcerer Mickey

"Here is somthing interesting I noticed: On the trailer they give the year as 2084. But in the movie the "awakining" happens about 2002/2003. With the movie taking place in 2020."

The dragon was awakened 2020, but after that it moved to 2084. See, Quin was the kid at the beginning if you didnt notice. :)

Anyways, as you can tell, I saw the movie yesterday. I thought their wasn't enough dragon, but the movie is alright. I'll get it on DVD, but it wasn't as good as most people have said.

What rave reviews are you guys talking about? I've seen one that gave it one star(Ebert) and my local newspaper gave it two stars...

I give it 2 and a half stars out of four.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom