GMR closed 2nd, 5th, and 8th?

DonaldDoleWhip

How long is this layover gonna last? That's been a dream of mine since I was five years old, and I really wanna ride it.

It is a good idea ;)

Piebald

I was there today (2/2) and it wasn't closed the whole day. There were CMs hanging outside telling people it would be opening up in "hopefully half an hour"... it was around 2ish. Lately they have been closing at 6:30pm I believe.

Capt. Jack

So wait..

I've ridden the Great Movie Ride many times before, but overall..i'm not quite sure of the concept? :veryconfu Are they making a whole new ride, or what? Please explain.

Baloo423

THE SILVER SCREEN COMES TO LIFE AT FULL-SPEED

02/02/07

Lake Buena Vista, Fla. -- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts President Al Weiss today announced new magic coming to the Disney-MGM Studios as part of the Year of a Million Dreams Celebration. "During this special year, we really want to fulfill the dreams of all our guests, and we have been hearing for years that they would like to travel through the land of Oz at 60 mph, and we've listened."

Starting Friday, February 9th, guests will be able to experience a revamped version of the classic Great Movie Ride. To suit the changes, the attraction will be renamed The Great Movie Ride--Backwards and Full Throttle.

While the ride will continue much as it has for years--with the exciting addition that the cars have now been converted to travel backwards--once with Wicked Witch of the West disappears, Stephen Tyler joins the Red Hot Chili Peppers as he screams, "everyone ready for some poppies?! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" What follows is an incredible high-speed journey on the wings of the film's venerable flying monkeys featuring five inversions to the driving beat of "Californication" and "Love in an Elevator."

"We are really excited to finally bring this dream of our guests to fruition," Weiss continued. "We are also proud to announce that The Great Movie Ride--Backwards and Full Throttle will feature a new project right from Walt Disney Imagineering. We call it the Hidden Stitch program, and new attractions from this point forward will feature well-hidden images of everyone's favorite alien."

The Disney-MGM Studios is one of four theme parks at the Walt Disney World Resort. Guests are able to experience the entertainment industry in ways they never dreamed of with such incredible attractions as The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and the new Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, which opened in recent months. Further new magic is on the way to the park from Walt Disney Imagineering as Toy Story Mania crash lands at the park in 2008.

HAHAHAHA You've got to be joking. :lol:

Slipknot

So wait..

I've ridden the Great Movie Ride many times before, but overall..i'm not quite sure of the concept? :veryconfu Are they making a whole new ride, or what? Please explain.

Don't read too much into what some posters are saying. If they were doing anything significant to GMR, it would take longer than just 3 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom