GM Test Track VIP Lounge article

Huge Dreamer

mkt said:
no I didn't.

The H1 is cool, but pointless unless you live next door to the Montana Militia.

The H2 is just a pointless image vehicle. And a POS on top of that (I totalled one and it was GM's fault. Snapped a tie rod while test driving it at a Dealerships off road trail. Lost traction and rolled into another H2 behind me. Not my fault whatsoever). It's a fat bloated pig of an SUV.

The H3... MAYBE. I need to see further engines/trim levels and options before I can make a decision. It's not too big, good off road, better on fuel than one would expect.

Not to mention, with the current Gas Prices, I'm pretty much anti-SUV
Hummers are not pointless, they are ment to have huge expensive sound systems.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thrawn said:
The long lines have more to do with the constant breakdowns and low ride capacity than longevity. Same as M:S can eat up a huge amount of guests at once, keeping the line artificially short.

I don't have a problem with people enjoying the ride. It would have been more worth it had it had the original 95mph victory lap. However, it simply isn't a must see attraction. But thanks for attacking my personal view on the ride. Some people don't like SGE and want it taken out, do you get upset with them too?

You're welcome Thrawn! Understand however that there is a difference between personal view:
Agreed. The only time I will waste time on it is if I'm at WDW with someone who has never been there before. Otherwise I skip it.

and obnoxious diatribe, like:

Good, then hopefully they can tear TT out and put in something worthwhile. Don't care what it is, as long as it isn't the garbage known as Test Track.

Would I be happy having SGE disappear, yes, but obviously others seem to enjoy it as lines continue to be significant there. I am not crazy about IaSM and don't ride Peter Pan, Pooh, Triceritops spin and any number of others, do I consider them worthless and garbage...no...others clearly enjoy them.

While I personally miss WoM, Test Track is fun and my kids (especially younger) love it. The lines are not because of constant breakdowns...they are there when it is running perfectly, and you know it. I think a fair measure of popularity is FP, and TT historically is done as early every day as things like ToT, SM, RnRC...so whether you like it or not, it is popular.

Jorma

shmmrname said:
TT isn't breathtaking, but I, as well as most of the people I go to WDW with, like it much better than Mission: Space. It tells a story, somewhat, and I don't see how it is all that terrible.
I mean it's not even the worst "car-themed" ride in WDW...
Plus, with two of the three larger attractions in EPCOT being simulation-based, it's nice to have something that focuses on true movement.

I was going to add something to this discussion, but it would have been pretty much a carbon copy of shmmrname's post. So here's a "well said" instead.

MickeyTigg

shmmrname said:
TT isn't breathtaking, but I, as well as most of the people I go to WDW with, like it much better than Mission: Space. It tells a story, somewhat, and I don't see how it is all that terrible.
I mean it's not even the worst "car-themed" ride in WDW...
Plus, with two of the three larger attractions in EPCOT being simulation-based, it's nice to have something that focuses on true movement.

I on the other hand...enjoy the ride, but I don't consider it as good as Mission: Space.

To each his own I guess.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
KumbaRider said:
On the subject of the original post, that was an interesting article. I've always wanted to go up there.

Oh, you mean you actually want to discuss the thread topic....how refreshing! :lol:

You can also explore multiple other VIP lounges including SSE, MS and Living Seas....all are really neat!

CaptainMichael

mkt said:
no... they are pointless.
Correct!!!

If GM wants to save itself, they should start offering some more fuel efficient vehicles like Toyota and Honda have started doing.

As for TT and SGE having long lines, this is do to the enormous hyping/ promotion they recieve via commericals, bill boards, guidemaps, resort tv. Just imagine what kind of attendance CoP would see if some advertising dollars were thrown its way.

Test Track is many things, but it is not a thrill ride! It is a glorified mixture of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Indy Speedway, and a GM Commercial. I go 60 mph in my Chevy Truck on the onramp to I-10, 90 on the interstate, and the line to get on the interstate doesn't take me 1 hour+.

shoppingnut

I happen to really enjoy TT and my nephew and I went on the single rider line 3 times in a row the last time we were down. I can't go on mission space or Body Wars or most other simulator types. I came off both rides and was sick, M:S: I was deathly ill, so if I go by some folks thinking as far as I'm concerned, they can rip that ride out. But that is not the way it should be, there needs to be a balance of rides that are at different levels. It doesn't bother me about not being able to go on M:S: because I'm satisfied going to TT.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Huge Dreamer said:
GM offers 20 models that get better than 30 miles per gallon.

keep dreaming. Compare EPA to C/D Observed or R/T Observed. Slash 25%, that's what you're looking at realistically. The biggest factor in fuel economy is NOT the engine, but rather, how heavy your right foot is.

If GM were truly progressive thinking, they'd be taking some 4-cylininder Opel or Fiat diesels, certifying them for the US, and offer them as a drivetrain option, instead of making V8+ Turbodiesels that still only get 20mpg... or they'd use their ties with Toyota, license their technology, and offer a hybrid car, NOT a truck.

I truly wish we could get the smart fortwo CDI in the states... shame that's a Canada only model. The thrill of having an observed 70mpg would rock.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
and now, to get through this list with a fine-toothed comb,

Chevy Aveo = rebadged Korean Market Daewoo Lanos
Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan = made for Europe... a land in which good fuel consumption has been highly regarded for decades
Pontiac Vibe = rebadged Japanese Market Toyota Voltz... a land in which good fuel consumption has been highly regarded for decades... MORESO THAN EUROPE!
Saab 9-3 Sportcombi = made for Europe... a land in which good fuel consumption has been highly regarded for decades

the rest of the cars either share their chassis, drivetrains, or both... making them THE SAME EXACT CAR, albeit with a fair dose of corporate branding. eg. Chevy Cobalt, HHR, and Saturn Ion... or the entire midsize and large car section.

GM needs to trim its model selection per brand and offer some truly ingenious products soon, or they will cease to be

CaptainMichael

Huge Dreamer said:
GM offers 20 models that get better than 30 miles per gallon.
30mpg compared to the 60mpg that the Toyota Prius gets. I am a GM customer that strictly drives Chevy's, but in today's market, it is getting harder and harder to be a supporter. GM is behind on new technologies and that is the truth. They are still developing things that other companies have had out for over a year.

Hopefully, they can come up with a spectacular line of hydrogen vehicles when the time comes.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
STR8FAN2005 said:
30mpg compared to the 60mpg that the Toyota Prius gets. I am a GM customer that strictly drives Chevy's, but in today's market, it is getting harder and harder to be a supporter. GM is behind on new technologies and that is the truth. They are still developing things that other companies have had out for over a year.

Hopefully, they can come up with a spectacular line of hydrogen vehicles when the time comes.

If they are even around to see hydrogen vehicles.

Woody13

STR8FAN2005 said:

The Honda Insight does better.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
STR8FAN2005 said:
Would it just be GM that falls, or would it take down all of the seperate brands with it too? I can't imagine a world without Chevrolets.

Hard to say. It is nearly impossible for all of the company to disappear at once. I would guess they would combine their lines into "core" brands, and go from there. Which would mean that a lot of the vehicles would go away.

CaptainMichael

Thrawn said:
Hard to say. It is nearly impossible for all of the company to disappear at once. I would guess they would combine their lines into "core" brands, and go from there. Which would mean that a lot of the vehicles would go away.
GM needs to downsize anyway. There is way to much of the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom