Glow with the Show event tonight at MK

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like there is another big promo shoot for Glow with the Show tonight at MK. I see stacks of hats ready to be given out in the hub. Invite only - apparently AP holders. Film crews are setting up.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks to be a pretty limited capacity, I'm guessing people were enrolled earlier in the day. Probably a few hundred.

jensenrick

any idea of a time for the event? Some friends are still at WDW this week, was thinking of directing them that way, if there is still time to catch anything.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
any idea of a time for the event? Some friends are still at WDW this week, was thinking of directing them that way, if there is still time to catch anything.
They will be filming the hats during Celebrate the Magic 8:45 and Wishes 9pm. The entire center of the hub is full of guests with ears.

BwanaBob

No, they were not given to AP's exclusively... this was a special events/media production.
Some were given away at the time of the production...purely random.

Footage to be used for upcoming ads and holiday spots. Coincided with Cindy's Castle lights and debut of CtM Holiday edition.

Only area blocked off was Partners statue and center/base of Hub (the street portion was completely open to guests)

Last edited:

novawildcat18

I went to see Wishes the other night and I kid you not, I only saw 3 people with the Glow with the Show Ears. 3 people!!! Seems like they have to give them away. Maybe people are realizing that when you buy a pair, you are essentially paying for everyone else's entertainment instead of your own since you can't see the ears on your own head.

Rabuck

I don't doubt that some were handed out last minute. We went by the hub at 830 and more then half of the roped off area was empty with multiple large bins of glowing hats still sitting there. My guess is that there was a bunch of no shows with wristbands. The weather wasn't the best with frequent misting and drizzle.

The park was pretty dead last night everything was walk on or <10mins by the time we got there at 600.

Bryner84

I went to see Wishes the other night and I kid you not, I only saw 3 people with the Glow with the Show Ears. 3 people!!! Seems like they have to give them away. Maybe people are realizing that when you buy a pair, you are essentially paying for everyone else's entertainment instead of your own since you can't see the ears on your own head.
You have highlighted the biggest flaw of this new entertainment idea. I don't mind Glow with the Show...it's superfluous but I don't mind it. But I sure as heck am not paying for it when my contribution does not enhance MY experience. I find it hard to believe the majority of guests will see the benefit in paying $25 so other guests can be wowed by how their hat lights up without even being able to witness this for themselves. I could have a malfunctioning left ear, thus looking like some deformed, psychedelic unicorn and never know it. I would think this form of entertainment works best when the hats are handed out for free like 3D glasses rather than depending on the comraderie of strangers. It feels like this is part of the trend of developing cool technology and then having no idea how to actually implement it to enhance the guest experience.

Rabuck

I agree. They need to figure out some way to pass them out for the night and collect them back. Something similar to the way they pass out 3d glasses. Then for the small price of 20$ you have the option of keeping them at the end of the night. This way they get the large effect intended by the ears. I also think this would increase sales a bit. It's alot harder for a parent to say no after the product is already in the child's hands and they have a death grip refusing to let go. The hardest thing would be figuring out a cleaning method. Maybe using UV technology??

At the very least I think they could do this for the hard ticket parties. As a little extra incentive to purchase a ticket.

Rabuck

You have highlighted the biggest flaw of this new entertainment idea. I don't mind Glow with the Show...it's superfluous but I don't mind it. But I sure as heck am not paying for it when my contribution does not enhance MY experience. I find it hard to believe the majority of guests will see the benefit in paying $25 so other guests can be wowed by how their hat lights up without even being able to witness this for themselves. I could have a malfunctioning left ear, thus looking like some deformed, psychedelic unicorn and never know it. I would think this form of entertainment works best when the hats are handed out for free like 3D glasses rather than depending on the comraderie of strangers. It feels like this is part of the trend of developing cool technology and then having no idea how to actually implement it to enhance the guest experience.

Wow great minds think alike. You posted that as I was typing on my iphone.

doctornick

I think the best idea was to roll in the cost to the price of the hotel rooms and just include 1-2 glow ears with each resort stay. That would be plenty of people wearing it and it would be viewed as a "perk" of staying on property even though the cost is ultimately borne by the consumer (just like DME).

Also, if you only have one in the room, you might get people buying more so that the kids don't have to fight over them.

deix15x8

If your traveling alone or in a pair the benefit to you is minimal. If your a family of four though and you buy four pairs their is a benefit experienced by everyone then and it is worth it. I think the main issue though is the fact that outside the shows it's just random. It has Bluetooth built in. If it was possible to control the hat from your phone I think it would be more popular. You could program it to flash in a pattern of colors you like or spell something in Morse Code. While you still cannot see the hat it is now an expression of you. This is no different than any other hat you buy which is also only enjoyed by others but you choose to wear it as it expresses you in some way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom