Giving up unusable fastpasses....do you?

crispy

We have given them, and we have had nice people give them to us. One day at DHS, a gentleman who was leaving approaching us and handed us Toy Story Mania fastpasses. We were very grateful, but then our daughter ended up not feeling well so we decided to leave before we could use them. I walked over to TSM and saw a guy looking at the stand-by time with a sad look on his face. I asked him if he was going to ride, and he said probably not because the wait was so long. I then handed him the fastpasses and said that they were good for now. He had the biggest smile on his face and walked over to his wife and kids saying, "that lady just gave us fastpasses!" Those fast passes made a lot of people happy that day!

quirkle

Of Course! We had decided to leave the park early after spending the day in the blistering sun. We gave our FPs for Space Mountain later that evening to a very lovely couple on their honeymoon. The next night, I kid you not, a couple on their anniversary trip (just like ours) gave us FPs for Splash Mountain. It is karma I tell ya!

Funny - we gave away FP tp SM too and the next morning my daughter was running late and we were late getting to the bus stop. We were waiting at the bus stop at POFQ and a person leaving gave us there special fast pass to any attraction. What a lucky day!! Karma is great!

neoshinok

I've given several away over the years. Gotten some strange, confused looks from some and big smiles from others. One day at Animal Kingdom I was sitting near a cast member exit, one of them approached me on her way out with two Everest FastPasses!

There really is a FastPass karma

rufio

I do when I remember. I've gotten back to my room a couple times and found fastpasses in my pocket... Oops.

the-reason14

I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I've ever given away fastpasses. If anything if I couldn't use them, I would have kept them and tried to use them next trip.

the-reason14

Back in the days before the new system, we used to save unused fastpasses for future trips. We'd bring them back and they'd never look at the date!

I used to do this too!! Especially when the date was really small. When they first changed it back in 2007, I started going to guest relations and getting some good for that day in exhange. But ya, most of the time they didn't even look at the date when it was printed big on the fastpass. Me and my dad did this last trip in March for a day or two old KS fastpass.

ParentsOf4

I don't mean to brag but several times I've given up FPs I intended to use to families with small children outside of TSM. It breaks my heart when a family begins to walk away after seeing a 120 minute wait, a child or two crying. I've been on at least 30 times. I don't need to be on 31. I always manage to find something else fun to do at DHS!

Wesleyjohn

I must've sounded like a salesman the first time I tried to give away fast passes. I think I said " 3 fast passes right here". Everyone looked at me dumb like I was cracked. Then I said " no one wants free fast passes" I think like 4 dads jumped out of line for their fam.

We gave away several when I took my extended family. Always had a few because someone stayed back to watch the smaller kids. Party of 12 people. You're bound to have a couple

Goofnut1980

Sure do. We were in DL in May and we went to get FP for TOT and put our first of 8 tickets in and it was the last FP for the day. So we decided on Soarin'. We were able to get 7 tickets but we really needed 8 if everyone wanted to ride.

I went to the guest relations and explained to the lady that we got the last one at TOT and was wondering if she would be so kind to trade us the one ticket. If not, no big deal, I would just sit the ride out. She ended up giving us a set of 8 for TOT and a set of 8 for Soarin'... I questioned her, I said to her that I only needed just one FP and not 16. She looked up at me and smiled and said, hunny, I know what I am doing and winked. I was so flipping happy. I went out and passed my 7 other FP's to people we saw being disappointed in the long wait at 7pm at night. People were so happy. We ended up giving it to a group of 5 and one of 2.

It's not that Disney needs to give us the magic, we need to help create the magic each and every day to one another!

wannab@dis

We've given away fastpasses many times and it's always a joy. We usually take a few minutes and look around for a family that looks a little overwhelmed or tired. It always brightens their day and, selfishly, it feels great to make someone else happy!

jlevis

We give and have received fastpasses. On this last trip we had fastpasses to Rockin roller Coaster that we were not going to use. My wife saw a couple wearing the bride and groom ears and she gave the passes to them.

Tinkerkell

We made it a tradition to get a set of FPs on our way out of a park to give to a family entering the park. Or if we had FPs for ourselves that we didn't use for whatever reason, we'd pass them along.

Now that the FPs have strict return times, I'm not sure how well that would work or if we'd have leftover FPs. It was a nice way to spread a little pixie dust.

WDW_Emily

My family always gets 5 fastpasses (there are 5 of us) for whatever ride we choose to get fp for, but inevitably my mom will sit off some rides so we always give hers away. Also, often we get fastpasses later in the day (usually because our fastpass block just ran out on our tickets) just in case we decide to stay, but will end up giving them away.
We do the same thing. Also a Family of 5, we always get 5 fastpasses however depending on the day, on big rides such as SM or ToT my mom, dad, and youngest sister sit out. Me and my other sister always find a family of 2 or 3 people and give them the tickets while we pass in line. People love it! However, I'm beginning to collect Fastpasses so we did it a ton less this trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom