Give me 5 reasons why I should book AKL

Nala06

Original Poster
Contemplating moving our Thanksgiving WL booking to AKL so we can have CL access. Family of four, kids 6 and 1. Splitting the other half of the trip at the Poly.

Give me 5 reasons why I should make the switch AKL lovers!

JIMINYCR

The # 1 reason most are attracted to the resort is the animals. You get to have close up views of wandering animals from the rooms.. Savanna view are better situated for that. But there is also the guest overlook and other viewing areas that are open to you.
#2. It is a beautiful resort with great theming all around. Very unique. Spacious rooms.
#3. Cost. Of the resorts it is a bit more affordable and still gives you the luxury rooms and conveniences.
#4. The restaurants. Boma, Sanaa, Jiko. Great menus and consistently quality foods.
#5. Evening campfires and recreation for the kids. Nice pool areas.

Nala06

Original Poster
The # 1 reason most are attracted to the resort is the animals. You get to have close up views of wandering animals from the rooms.. Savanna view are better situated for that. But there is also the guest overlook and other viewing areas that are open to you.
#2. It is a beautiful resort with great theming all around. Very unique. Spacious rooms.
#3. Cost. Of the resorts it is a bit more affordable and still gives you the luxury rooms and conveniences.
#4. The restaurants. Boma, Sanaa, Jiko. Great menus and consistently quality foods.
Do you find that the animal viewing gets old after a while?

JIMINYCR

Do you find that the animal viewing gets old after a while?
No. Depends on each persons interest. Some are more fascinated by animals than others. My DS would sit for hours watching. Others might be fine with watching only for a few minutes and move off to do something else with their time. Early morning and late evenings are better suited to catch more variety of animals. There are CM's at the viewing areas that answer questions and give lots of interesting info and details about what you might be viewing.

GLM

Agree.. its my favorite resort... yes beautifully themed and just a wonderful resort. We also have a trip planned early Dec. for AKL club level savannah ..can't wait to walk thru the doors and hear "welcome home". Splurged a little.. it's our 50thanniversary. I know it will be well worth it.

JIMINYCR

Agree.. its my favorite resort... yes beautifully themed and just a wonderful resort. We also have a trip planned early Dec. for AKL club level savannah ..can't wait to walk thru the doors and hear "welcome home". Splurged a little.. it's our 50thanniversary. I know it will be well worth it.
My Congratulations on your upcoming 50th. So few couples reach that milestone. Well worth the money to do it up properly. Enjoy your time together.

Much-Pixie-Dust

It is the only resort at Disney where I feel like I am having a vacation within a vacation. It’s calm and serene, the opposite of the parks.
I love the animal viewing and also going through the hotel viewing the African Art on display. Sitting in the lobby and listening to the music is relaxing to me, especially late at night or early in the morning. The restaurants and smells from them are great! This resort has a wonderful vibe to it.

aliceismad

I agree with these reasons above.

Reasons against:
1. For Thanksgiving? Many people say WL has the best Christmas decorations.
2. With kids ages 6 and 1, I imagine you'll spend more time at Magic Kingdom. MK is the farthest park from AKL. WL is much closer to MK.
3. You have to travel by bus. WL has the option of traveling by boat.
4. Depending on the food preferences of your party, the restaurants at WL may be more to your liking. (My kid enjoys AKL places but I know some people don't.)
5. WL rooms just got makeovers. I believe all the rooms are done.

Nala06

Original Poster
I agree with these reasons above.

Reasons against:
1. For Thanksgiving? Many people say WL has the best Christmas decorations.
2. With kids ages 6 and 1, I imagine you'll spend more time at Magic Kingdom. MK is the farthest park from AKL. WL is much closer to MK.
3. You have to travel by bus. WL has the option of traveling by boat.
4. Depending on the food preferences of your party, the restaurants at WL may be more to your liking. (My kid enjoys AKL places but I know some people don't.)
5. WL rooms just got makeovers. I believe all the rooms are done.
1. I wasnt sure how akl christmas decor compared. We have stayed at wl at christmas time before and it is beautiful. I just wanted those same views from the club lounge 😭
2. We have like 3-4 days at mk planned vs 1 at ak. Thats a fair point!
3. I do love the boats
4. One pro for staying at akl is the food for us! Im thankful to have some adventurous eaters. We love sanaa, and are eager to try boma (fingers crossed its open for the trip)

Nala06

Original Poster
It is the only resort at Disney where I feel like I am having a vacation within a vacation. It’s calm and serene, the opposite of the parks.
I love the animal viewing and also going through the hotel viewing the African Art on display. Sitting in the lobby and listening to the music is relaxing to me, especially late at night or early in the morning. The restaurants and smells from them are great! This resort has a wonderful vibe to it.
We have stopped at akl to dine before but never to just hang out and enjoy what it has to offer. I have heard the kids activities (at least pre covid) were really exciting

Nala06

Original Poster
@Nala06 The enrichment activities offered pre-Covid were excellent! The kiddos got little beads for each one they attend, which made for a nice, unique, free souvenir. I hope they bring these activities back when it is safe to do so and cultural talks.
That sounds right up my sons alley. He will talk the ear off the attendents at our local museum 😂

skypilot2922

I'll give you two (three previous poster reminded me) reasons

1 - The amazing ambiance
2 - The Animals, If you like animals you can spend all day watching them and never need to visit a park.\
3 - Zebra Domes best Dessert/Sweet snack at WDW

Nala06

Original Poster
1. The theme
2. Close to places along 192
3. The animals are cool to look at
4. Zebra Domes
5. Awesome pool

I'll give you two (three previous poster reminded me) reasons

1 - The amazing ambiance
2 - The Animals, If you like animals you can spend all day watching them and never need to visit a park.\
3 - Zebra Domes best Dessert/Sweet snack at WDW
Confession: I don't like zebra domes *runs and hides*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom