Give me 5 reasons why I should book AKL

Hitchens

1. One of the largest African art collections outside of Africa.

2. Staff members from Africa who enjoy educating guests like me about their homes & lives.

3. The bread service at Sanaa. You don't have to stay at the resort to get it, but staying there makes it more convenient to get it twice while you're at WDW, perhaps once as a carry-out item to take back to your room. (If they still offer that.)

4. BOMA! BOMA! BOMA!

5. Great places to view the animals even if you don't have a savanna view.

BONUS REASON: The lobby! (I believe Robert A.M. Stern's company also designed my three other favorite Disney resorts: the Wilderness Lodge & the Grand Californian with their =ly wonder lobbies, and the moderately priced and VERY well-themed Hotel Cheyenne at D.land Paris.)

THE FLAW: Its location and the epic fail of Disney to not have cooler transportation than busses to any of the theme parks from this deluxe resort. How about at least a Jungle Book or Black Panther (whatever) themed train to the nearby Animal Kingdom, AND a safe walking path between the AK & the AKL.

Lilofan

Boma if its open. AK lodge even before the fatal gator attack on the 2 year old at the Grand Floridian already had gator warning signs years before the GF incident. The signs are by the AK lodge tennis courts that are next to small bodies of water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom