Giraffe killed at Animal Kingdom

Testtrack321

I doubt that the ride was in operation durring that time. Remember AK closes at 6pm and ususally nobody is around after 3pm.

I would not be surprised if Disney closed the ride for the day if not for a few for some healing and calming down of the CMs and animals.

pooh071567

How sad! I hate to see things like this in the news. We've had our fair share of lightning strikes in the midwest so we can relate to you Floridians.

WEDisney

This was very sad and when I saw the name it gave her a personality (I am a sensitive man). The sad truth is this happens quite frequently in the wild. There is actually a stat (National Geographic) involving Giraffes and Elephants and lightening strikes. I guess being the largest (highest) points in the plains makes you safe from predators but prone to being struck by lightning :(.

W. E. Disney

banjoBob

friday storm

I was there that Friday with the hurricane-like storm,that was awful...the water fall at the Dolphin was pracically blowing sideways :(

Shaman

Re: friday storm

Originally posted by banjoBob
I was there that Friday with the hurricane-like storm,that was awful...the water fall at the Dolphin was pracically blowing sideways :(

Welcome to Florida.....The Sunshine State....:lol:
:p

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Unfortunately lightning is the #2 cause of death in giraffes, #1 being predators.

Wow, I thought it wasn't common...guess I was wrong...I wonder if the species will ever adapt...hmmm...maybe they should do some research over at AK.

Blair

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Unfortunately lightning is the #2 cause of death in giraffes, #1 being predators.
They're only vulnerable to predators at two points... when they're resting and when they're bending down to drink water...

I know this because I was a Safari CM last year. Loved driving that ride and watching the animals all day.

Poor Betsy :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom