Giraffe killed at Animal Kingdom

Shaman

Originally posted by NowInc
Im sure a finanical blow to disney as well..giraffes arent exactly cheap...

Very true...but I'm sure they have insurance on all their animals...insurance is important especially here in beautiful "sunny" Florida (sorry for the sarcasm there).....where a number of things can happen from flood, to tornadoes, to lightning, to hurricanes, to fires....(and then there are those huge safari trucks which pose a run-over threat.....:rolleyes: )

Its real tragic this whole thing about the giraffe dying; the only reason we are even hearing about it though, is becuase it happened at Animal Kingdom...as if Disney was somehow immune to bad luck.

Let us all hope that the giraffe is now resting in peace. :cry:

:brick:

kennyj29

I'm sure the staff was devistated. I'm from NY however and when an animal dies at the Bronx Zoo, you hear about it also, it's not just Disney. I wouldn't even have known it unless it was written in this post. So i honestly don't think it's just because it was Disney!

SamatBCV

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I believe Florida is still the lightning capital.

Poor giraffe. :(

Yes, Florida used to be lightning capital of the world, but someplace else now has that distinction. It is still lightning captial of the U.S. Also look around the parks, Disney thought of this and there are lightning rods everywhere if you look for them.

Shaman

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
so u think they will defintly replace it?

Eventually...its sad though...but hey thats the circle of life....or is it the circle of business......:brick:

timoteo

There are probably thousands of small lightning rods at Disney. If you look for them it is amazing how many. Big thunder railroad alone on the rocks and building probably 100 right there. Lightning started those May brush fires as well a few years back.
Disney and the central florida area including Cape Kennedy are probably the most prepared place in the US for lightning protection but it still gets through where you do not want it.

tinkerbell2

That is so sad. I wonder if it's the same giraffe that we were about ten feet from when we rode the safari this year. I guess I'll never know. Does anybody know what time of day this happed? Did anyone see it?

Davis224

That is life, but then again, if you were a parent and you had your children on the ride with you. Would you want to have to explain to the child what was wrong with the Giraffe, or spend the next hour or so trying to cheer your child up, if she saw something like a dead animal on the safari?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom