Gifts to characters

maxgoof

Original Poster
so on my upcoming trip to Disneyland this coming week, I was thinking about giving a gift to my friend Max Goof and or Goofy. Are there any rules or regulations as far as what I can gift to my favorite characters. Having just lost my wife in October, I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with my favorite Disney characters.

Phroobar

What are you thinking of getting them?

It honestly depends on the gift and the supervisor. I know many friends of characters and they keep the items (especially when they are drawings and small items) back in dressing rooms. If it is a value of over $10 (I believe it's $10) then they have to report it to a supervisor and they will either write off the gift or donate it (or sometimes they are sent home with it anyway.)

Despite all of this, I highly recommend something like a painting or drawing if you are going to be giving characters anything (or something inexpensive or small). They are allowed to keep those and they can mean so much more to them than other presents.

Figments Friend

What are you thinking of getting them?

It honestly depends on the gift and the supervisor. I know many friends of characters and they keep the items (especially when they are drawings and small items) back in dressing rooms. If it is a value of over $10 (I believe it's $10) then they have to report it to a supervisor and they will either write off the gift or donate it (or sometimes they are sent home with it anyway.)

Despite all of this, I highly recommend something like a painting or drawing if you are going to be giving characters anything (or something inexpensive or small). They are allowed to keep those and they can mean so much more to them than other presents.

Good advice.
Listen to this fellow, @maxgoof !
:)

-

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't really know about presents, but at Thanksgiving time I saw a girl (about age 10-11) give a jar of peanuts to Chip and Dale. It was the cutest thing ever. They jumped up and down with excitement and hugged the girl a lot. They even chased each other with the peanuts and then ran backstage (I'm assuming to deposit the peanuts) quickly and returned super excited and took pictures with the girl.

maxgoof

Original Poster
I have a very small plush for Goofy, and one of my deceased's wife's sewing thimble, as a kiss for Tinkerbell her favorite character! Neither is worth much , but is very sentimental to me, and hopefully to them. As far as Max Goof goes, all I have for him is a giant and hopefully long hug from his #1 fan in this area . I'm not expecting to see Max, but if it happens, I'd be extremely excited.....

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have a very small plush for Goofy, and one of my deceased's wife's sewing thimble, as a kiss for Tinkerbell her favorite character! Neither is worth much , but is very sentimental to me, and hopefully to them. As far as Max Goof goes, all I have for him is a giant and hopefully long hug from his #1 fan in this area . I'm not expecting to see Max, but if it happens, I'd be extremely excited.....

If you book the character breakfast at the Plaza you might meet Max. He was one of the characters that was there when we went last, about a year ago.

Old Mouseketeer

I've had friends over the years who were performers in various kinds of venues (theater, parade, character, etc.). If memory serves, any gifts are typically handed off to a character host to hold for them until later. Depending on what the gift is, it may be displayed in a dressing area, taken home, eaten and shared (if it's a sealed food or snack item), or discarded if it's homemade food (for safety reasons). The people I have known take these seriously. One friend worked Launch Bay when it opened and some of them were quite funny!

I know this is a special trip for you. Bon voyage and happy memories--both old and new!

Last edited:

DisneyLostBoy03

I have given gifts to characters before and they are always drawings, especially since I am an artist. For Mickey and Minnie's 90th birthday, my friends and I gave him a card signed by us with drawings that I drew of them. Also, the following trip, I gave Rapunzel and Flynn Rider small drawings of themselves as well as pull a little joke on Flynn. If you like, you can view it here. It's on the best interactions I've had at the park.

Phroobar

I think giving the thimble to the actress playing Tinkerbell would totally melt her heart. That will be an amazingly emotional moment for one very lucky girl. I'm not sure a plush Goofy for the male cast member playing Goofy would have the same impact.

maxgoof

Original Poster
I think giving the thimble to the actress playing Tinkerbell would totally melt her heart. That will be an amazingly emotional moment for one very lucky girl. I'm not sure a plush Goofy for the male cast member playing Goofy would have the same impact.
And your right... I got to see Tink today, and I really think I touched her heart, I told her the story and she said she will treasure it forever. I only hope she mentioned it, as It ment alot to me.

maxgoof

Original Poster
And your right... I got to see Tink today, and I really think I touched her heart, I told her the story and she said she will treasure it forever. I only hope she mentioned it, as It ment alot to me.

Attachments

• 96252846_179518490_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    96252846_179518490_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 56

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom