Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, June 27, 2020. The old Erwin Pearl, and lately Off the Cuff, store is closed and signage removed. Since this location is at The Landing and across from the Hangar Bar, this will probably be the new location for Gideon's Bakehouse.

IMG_3023.JPG

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Photo update as of Saturday, June 27, 2020. The old Erwin Pearl, and lately Off the Cuff, store is closed and signage removed. Since this location is at The Landing and across from the Hangar Bar, this will probably be the new location for Gideon's Bakehouse.

View attachment 479820

that is going to be a perfect location for them. Right in the middle of everything!

durangojim

We went to Gideons for the very first time last month and it was ... amazing! Those cookies are ridiculous! We found a recipe online that allowed us to make some about 90% as good at home but man if they’re available at DS this will be incredible! I just hope they allow you to order the goods in advance!

UNCgolf

I have never had them but they just don't look that good to me. I don't like that the choc chips are on the outside of the cookie(too messy) and there are too many for my liking. I worked for a place that made amazing cookies for 15 years so I am kind of picky. Looking at the pictures and seeing the recipe, these are more like little cakes and not cookies.

Agreed. Way too many bakeries overload their chocolate chip cookies with chocolate chips, and that's a mistake. A good chocolate chip cookie has a cookie that tastes great on its own (i.e. it would be good with no chocolate chips at all) -- the chocolate chips should be lightly sprinkled throughout for additional flavor. You may as well just eat a chocolate bar if you're going to eat a cookie that's so stuffed with of chips that it overpowers any other flavor.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Santa’s White Christmas Cookie, Cookie Vom Krampus Cookie,  Gideon’s Bakehouse

"I know we’re all anxiously awaiting the upcoming opening of Gideon’s Bakehouse! As a sneak peek, I’m excited to share two of their limited-time cookies that will be available through Dec. 31 when they open soon at Disney Springs:

Santa’s White Christmas Cookie – White Chocolate Chip Cookie filled with notes of Coconut, Sweet Caramel, Vanilla, and Nutty Flavors with freshly ground locally roasted coffee beans throughout. The cookie elves have also added the crunch of coarse sugar, the Gideon’s signature sea salt, and a pinch of Christmas glitter.

Cookie Vom Krampus Cookie – Deep, dark Triple Chocolate Velvet textured cookie filled with Andes Mint and available in its own special packaging. "

dgauthier

Cajun Transplant
Last year when I was at Disney I pre-ordered four dozen assorted cookies to bring back home for my office staff and a few for me. OMG they are so good and can be frozen. The cake at their store was out of this world

Zé_Carioca

I've been told this is opening next Monday, can anyone else confirm?
Never say never, but I was there last Friday and they didn't look ready to open in a week (though obviously it is hard to know for sure with construction walls but it definitely seemed to be a work in progress). They're advertising to open on the 31st but who knows, they might soft open soon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Never say never, but I was there last Friday and they didn't look ready to open in a week (though obviously it is hard to know for sure with construction walls but it definitely seemed to be a work in progress). They're advertising to open on the 31st but who knows, they might soft open soon.
It should before then if all goes to plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom