Gideon's Bakehouse coming to Disney Springs

ThatMouse

I wonder if they got a deal on the lease. Right now their cookies are $5, which sounds really cheap for Disney Springs. I think a donut shop would do really well too. Not enough donuts at Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if they got a deal on the lease. Right now their cookies are $5, which sounds really cheap for Disney Springs. I think a donut shop would do really well too. Not enough donuts at Disney.
They sold the same cholocate chip Gideon's cookie at Polite Pig for $8

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

They sell the same cholocate chip Gideon's cookie at Polite Pig for $8
Actually, per reports, they just stopped selling them at Polite Pig (reported a day or so before this announcement) and Polite Pig is now serving their own cookies.

At any rate, I'm SOOOOOOOO happy about this! Missing out on getting to try one of these on my last trip because they'd already sold out for the day at Polite Pig was one of my biggest disappointments on my last visit! Now (or rather in a year or two or three, whenever I can get back to WDW), I will finally have a chance to try those delicious looking slices of chocolate heaven! 😍

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually, per reports, they just stopped selling them at Polite Pig (reported a day or so before this announcement) and Polite Pig is now serving their own cookies.

At any rate, I'm SOOOOOOOO happy about this! Missing out on getting to try one of these on my last trip because they'd already sold out for the day at Polite Pig was one of my biggest disappointments on my last visit! Now (or rather in a year or two or three, whenever I can get back to WDW), I will finally have a chance to try those delicious looking slices of chocolate heaven! 😍
I hadn't seen that change at Polite Pig. Enjoy your cookie when you get back there!

MarvelCharacterNerd

I hadn't seen that change at Polite Pig. Enjoy your cookie when you get back there!
Another site just reported on it yesterday or the day before. I was so disappointed at the thought that I'd missed my big cookie chance as I hadn't been able to previously convince a Florida friend to go to Polite Pig to get and mail one to me lol!

And thank you - can't wait to devour one of those (or two of those...) cookies!!! :D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
GideonsDisneySprings01.jpg

EdnaMode

This recipe will work if you can't get a fix for awhile. They can definitely be eaten without the Maldon sea salt flakes, but they're pretty delish if you use it. And the trick to making those cookies is cold dough and high heat so don't skip that or worry that it's a misprint on the oven temp.

jaklgreen

I have never had them but they just don't look that good to me. I don't like that the choc chips are on the outside of the cookie(too messy) and there are too many for my liking. I worked for a place that made amazing cookies for 15 years so I am kind of picky. Looking at the pictures and seeing the recipe, these are more like little cakes and not cookies.

EdnaMode

They really don't taste more like a cake than a cookie, and they don't have the texture of a cake, either. And they're definitely not messy if they're baked properly, allowed to fully cool, and then chilled to re-harden the chips on the inside and out. If you don't bake them properly and let them get a pretty good chill before serving, you could have a gooey, doughy, melty chocolate mess but not if they're done correctly.

Whether you like this cookie probably has a lot to do with your preference in terms of the chip:dough ratio. I use Guittard Extra Dark in the knock-off recipe, so I'm not bothered by the ratio. 😍

jaklgreen

They really don't taste more like a cake than a cookie, and they don't have the texture of a cake, either. And they're definitely not messy if they're baked properly, allowed to fully cool, and then chilled to re-harden the chips on the inside and out. If you don't bake them properly and let them get a pretty good chill before serving, you could have a gooey, doughy, melty chocolate mess but not if they're done correctly.

Whether you like this cookie probably has a lot to do with your preference in terms of the chip:dough ratio. I use Guittard Extra Dark in the knock-off recipe, so I'm not bothered by the ratio. 😍

The chocolate is definitely the main ingredient that makes or breaks a cookie. Guittard has great chocolate. I would like to know what brand of chocolate they use.

RSoxNo1

Rustic Cuff shut down abruptly. I'm not sure if it's last day was 6/23 or 6/24, but either way signs were removed. I suspect this would go in that space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom