Giant Panda's at Animal Kingdom?

drew81

For those of us too incompetent to use anything other than the basic setting on my overly complex point and shoot. I use a flash on the Safari to eliminate blur and then the refresh rate becomes an issue so I only get one chance at each of the photos.

Red Pandas have been hit or miss. The have them at two of the local zoos - in one exhibit I always see them playing in the other you're lucky if you see a tail.

I've suggested that the use the former Malayan Tapir/current Bar-Headed Geese enclosure for Red Pandas. I know a while ago it was mentioned that Langur Monkeys were a possibility there but I don't know if that's changed.[/QUOTE]

I've heard about Langur Monkeys as well. I do like your idea about Red Pandas going back there. That exhibit might need a few modifications but could be done.

RSoxNo1

I've heard about Langur Monkeys as well. I do like your idea about Red Pandas going back there. That exhibit might need a few modifications but could be done.

Yeah, there's more than enough space in that area for Red Pandas so it shouldn't be difficult to make the modifications.

djkidkaz

An advertisement for a new Disney Animal Kingdom game has Pandas front and center! A sign of things to come?

ake923469SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/first-look-park-inspired-disney-animal-kingdom-explorers-game/

I know, Im stretching, but it never hurts to revive Pandas at AK talk. :p

invader

I wonder if th game foretells a name change from Disney's Animal Kingdom to Disney Animal Kingdom.

I thought the same but then I second guessed myself. I maybe wrong but I think the font colors were chosen to differentiate the name of the game they were advertising from the brand.

bdearl41

I hope this is true. Seems that it would also provide Disney with the opportunity to expand Asia and Include a Chinese themed area, perhaps with a new D or E ticket ride.

Panda's are very difficult to get, I believe the Chinese government has say on what facilities can get them.

jlevis

I hope DAK can get some Pandas. They are beautiful animals. Sure thy spend a lot of time sleeping but then so do Lions. Can't remeber the last time I saw one of them moving around.

An advertisement for a new Disney Animal Kingdom game has Pandas front and center! A sign of things to come?

ake923469SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/first-look-park-inspired-disney-animal-kingdom-explorers-game/

I know, Im stretching, but it never hurts to revive Pandas at AK talk. :p

The Disney website is blocked where I am right now so I can't do further research on this, meaning my knee-jerk reaction was a VMK-style thing before I reigned myself back in and told myself, for the thousandth time, to stop with the VMK delusions. Hmph.

But I'm definitely pro-panda. I'll put that under my political affiliations on Facebook or something.

drew81

I hope this is true. Seems that it would also provide Disney with the opportunity to expand Asia and Include a Chinese themed area, perhaps with a new D or E ticket ride.

Panda's are very difficult to get, I believe the Chinese government has say on what facilities can get them.

If anyone can get them, Disney can.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

The government of China does control this, but Disney certainly has some decent relations with the Chinese government these days, so it's possible.

stitch34

Oh my!
Pandas in Pandora!!!

yup, AK would be our FAVORITE park if there were pandas there. LOVE PANDAS!

Actually, my 9-year-old daughter is obsessed with pandas. Her entire closet has no clothes... just pandas - shelves and shelves of plush and everything you can imagine that has a panda on it. It is the "panda closet". Her wardrobe is about 80% tees that have pandas on them. Drove 3 hours to National Zoo to see the pandas right before the little one was sent back to China.

bdearl41

The government of China does control this, but Disney certainly has some decent relations with the Chinese government these days, so it's possible.

Never said it was impossible, I just know its difficult and there is a decent amount of red tape to cut through. Im sure if Disney has plans for Panda's, there will be Panda's, no telling how long it could take though.

Cruise13

With its inspiration taken from the Animal Kingdom Park in Florida, Disney Animal Kingdom Explorers turns out to be a new hidden object social game by Playdom behind Gardens of Time and Blackwood & Bell Mysteries.

BigThunderMatt

Can you imagine the draw that Disney would get if they were able to market the fact that they had giant pandas at DAK? There are only 4 zoos in the entire country that have them! This could conceivably draw in more guests than Pandora if marketed correctly. Everyone loves Pandas. Even if they're ridiculously stupid and lazy to the point that they let themselves die out from refusal to breed.

RSoxNo1

With its inspiration taken from the Animal Kingdom Park in Florida, Disney Animal Kingdom Explorers turns out to be a new hidden object social game by Playdom behind Gardens of Time and Blackwood & Bell Mysteries.
Great 3rd post! Off topic? check! 8 month old thread bump? check!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom