"Ghostly" Experience at Disney All Star Movie Resort

Patsy

Original Poster
My hubby and I recently took a mini vacation to WDW. We stayed at the All Star Movie Resort (Sunday night - June 25th). Our room (#2903 - Mighty Ducks) was a handicap accessible room - we had some issues with the shower draining into the bathroom and called the front desk - they brought up additional towels to mop up the mess and asked if we would like to change rooms...I wish now that we had taken them up on their offer! After I placed the fresh towels in the bathroom I was standing just outside of the bathroom area speaking with my husband when I heard a noise and he became startled as he said he could see in the reflection of the mirror behind me the shower curtain abruptly close - about 5"! He said it was a jerky "pull" on the curtain. After I regained my composure I went in to investigate. There was NO explanation as to how/why the curtain would do that!! Needless to say we were a little more than concerned! We settled into bed after a long day at Epcot to watch a little TV and try and calm down. That is when we heard a strange knocking noise coming from the bathroom...he got up to look and again no reason he could see for the noise - but I felt we could write it off to thin walls and noisy neighbors! We finally get to sleep...I woke up around midnight to what I thought was my husband getting up to go to the bathroom...I reached over and my husband was still in bed next to me - the sound I heard was a "shuffling" sound on the carpet (again near the bathroom) about 3 or 4 "steps"...freaked me out!! I woke up my husband and we both laid in bed and listened but all was quiet. Somehow we got to sleep again! Then around 3:00am I woke up having to use the bathroom...as I was laying in bed adjusting my eyes to the darkness I heard the damn shuffling again! About 4 or 5 "steps" this time - I intently listened - trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from - it was definitely coming from the carpet near the end of the bed near the bathroom. !!! Needless to say I didn't get out of bed - or sleep for the rest of the night!! I couldn't wait for my husband to wake up so we could get the heck out of this place! When he woke up we checked around the bed and the room for ANY explanation for the happenings - there was NONE! I have contacted WDW and the hotel regarding our eventful evening but have not heard back from them yet.... has anyone else have an experience like this at this hotel or any other at Disney!?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My hubby and I recently took a mini vacation to WDW. We stayed at the All Star Movie Resort (Sunday night - June 25th). Our room (#2903 - Mighty Ducks) was a handicap accessible room - we had some issues with the shower draining into the bathroom and called the front desk - they brought up additional towels to mop up the mess and asked if we would like to change rooms...I wish now that we had taken them up on their offer! After I placed the fresh towels in the bathroom I was standing just outside of the bathroom area speaking with my husband when I heard a noise and he became startled as he said he could see in the reflection of the mirror behind me the shower curtain abruptly close - about 5"! He said it was a jerky "pull" on the curtain. After I regained my composure I went in to investigate. There was NO explanation as to how/why the curtain would do that!! Needless to say we were a little more than concerned! We settled into bed after a long day at Epcot to watch a little TV and try and calm down. That is when we heard a strange knocking noise coming from the bathroom...he got up to look and again no reason he could see for the noise - but I felt we could write it off to thin walls and noisy neighbors! We finally get to sleep...I woke up around midnight to what I thought was my husband getting up to go to the bathroom...I reached over and my husband was still in bed next to me - the sound I heard was a "shuffling" sound on the carpet (again near the bathroom) about 3 or 4 "steps"...freaked me out!! I woke up my husband and we both laid in bed and listened but all was quiet. Somehow we got to sleep again! Then around 3:00am I woke up having to use the bathroom...as I was laying in bed adjusting my eyes to the darkness I heard the damn shuffling again! About 4 or 5 "steps" this time - I intently listened - trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from - it was definitely coming from the carpet near the end of the bed near the bathroom. ***!!! Needless to say I didn't get out of bed - or sleep for the rest of the night!! I couldn't wait for my husband to wake up so we could get the heck out of this place! When he woke up we checked around the bed and the room for ANY explanation for the happenings - there was NONE! I have contacted WDW and the hotel regarding our eventful evening but have not heard back from them yet.... has anyone else have an experience like this at this hotel or any other at Disney!?
Well, you've just made room 2903 a premium category room... ;)

Oh, and good first post -- don't be surprised if it gets moved to the Resort Hotels board.

KBLovedDisney

Next episode of Mostly Haunted...

Not at Disney, but we experienced a ghost at an old country house we used to live in. There was a bathroom in the hallway that only locked from the inside. It was just me and my mom, we came in to the house back from School/work. I went to go open the door and it was locked. Needless to say, we called the cops. One cop was standing in front of the bathroom door with a gun drawn and the other cop slowly opened the door.

This was a hook and eye door lock that you had to get right in place in order for it to lock, like so:
brasshook.jpg

So the cop slowly opened the door using a butter knife and threw the closet/bathroom door wide open...nobody. o_O

mergatroid

Hockey89

My hubby and I recently took a mini vacation to WDW. We stayed at the All Star Movie Resort (Sunday night - June 25th). Our room (#2903 - Mighty Ducks) was a handicap accessible room - we had some issues with the shower draining into the bathroom and called the front desk - they brought up additional towels to mop up the mess and asked if we would like to change rooms...I wish now that we had taken them up on their offer! After I placed the fresh towels in the bathroom I was standing just outside of the bathroom area speaking with my husband when I heard a noise and he became startled as he said he could see in the reflection of the mirror behind me the shower curtain abruptly close - about 5"! He said it was a jerky "pull" on the curtain. After I regained my composure I went in to investigate. There was NO explanation as to how/why the curtain would do that!! Needless to say we were a little more than concerned! We settled into bed after a long day at Epcot to watch a little TV and try and calm down. That is when we heard a strange knocking noise coming from the bathroom...he got up to look and again no reason he could see for the noise - but I felt we could write it off to thin walls and noisy neighbors! We finally get to sleep...I woke up around midnight to what I thought was my husband getting up to go to the bathroom...I reached over and my husband was still in bed next to me - the sound I heard was a "shuffling" sound on the carpet (again near the bathroom) about 3 or 4 "steps"...freaked me out!! I woke up my husband and we both laid in bed and listened but all was quiet. Somehow we got to sleep again! Then around 3:00am I woke up having to use the bathroom...as I was laying in bed adjusting my eyes to the darkness I heard the damn shuffling again! About 4 or 5 "steps" this time - I intently listened - trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from - it was definitely coming from the carpet near the end of the bed near the bathroom. ***!!! Needless to say I didn't get out of bed - or sleep for the rest of the night!! I couldn't wait for my husband to wake up so we could get the heck out of this place! When he woke up we checked around the bed and the room for ANY explanation for the happenings - there was NONE! I have contacted WDW and the hotel regarding our eventful evening but have not heard back from them yet.... has anyone else have an experience like this at this hotel or any other at Disney!?
Yeah hard pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom