Ghostbusters Spooktacular!

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
Based on what I've seen, I expect the movie to bomb. It looks like a poor idea that's just taking advantage of a much better film's name recognition.

it might be a suprise hit, its one of those films that will just go one way or the other. its part of a beloved IP so who knows. i think they will have to play the nastalgia card alot with the music and cast to win over people.

tribbleorlfl

While the original is a modern classic and this one was always going to have an uphill battle because of that, I'm personally willing to give it a chance and see it first before declaring it a bomb. Personally, I think the cast is compromised of some of the funniest commediennes working today. Kate McKinnon brings me to years in just about every skit she's in.

That being said, I doubt there will be any uni appearance outside the Bill and Ted Show. I do not have positive memories of that original show.

jbphotos

I think it has a ton of potential + i don't think judging something by a trailer is really that fair! I think it'll be a nice modern take on the franchise but its hard to tell just from a trailer

WDWFREAK53

I didn't know Ghostbusters had a new movie coming out!!!! Oh wait...is this what you're talking about? This isn't Ghostbusters...
Ugh. (Psst...I hear Slimer has a girlfriend)

BrerJon

I didn't know Ghostbusters had a new movie coming out!!!! Oh wait...is this what you're talking about? This isn't Ghostbusters...
Ugh. (Psst...I hear Slimer has a girlfriend)

They should have a Slimer and Slimette meet and greet.

I'd love it if Universal had a new Ghosbusters attraction, a far better fit for a New York themed ride than Jimmy Fallon will be.

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
Worst trailer i've ever seen.. and thats taking away the fact that its even a ghostbuster movie. shame on them for sinking so low.

FoozieBear

I don't think it'll do well. They're not even doing a good job at playing the nostalgia factor or paying tribute to the original. It's pretty much a tiresome lazy cheap comedy playing off the brand recognition of a cherished property, though has literally nothing to do with the original.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom