GF Cafe or Kona Cafe HELP!!!

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Ok all, I need your expert advice here... We are going to Disney the end of August and we want to try a few new places to eat... I need help picking between GF Cafe and Kona Cafe for our last dinner. So which should I choose and why?? HELP!!!:wave:

Dwarful

We really love Kona Cafe. It has become a must do on our trips now. ( My fear is that it will become the new 'Le Cellier' in popularity and then become a 2 credit meal). I love that it is a small dining option, but has a very open feel. The food has always been excellent and the service superb. I haven't been to GF Cafe so I guess my opinion is very one sided.

plaz10

We ate at both places on our last trip.

GFC - Good food, but not amazing. Service was spotty at times. Awesome just to be in the Grand Floridian because it is just sooo gorgeous! Ambiance is great, we had a table looking out into resort. But we had a good meal and the dessert sampler was very good. The lemon cheesecake might have been my favorite of the trip.

Kona Cafe - Can't say enough good things about it. Polynesian is also very gorgeous. Ambiance in the Kona is not the best, but it's a very open restaurant so you can see out into the Poly lobby. The bread w/macadamia nut butter is the best bread/butter I have ever had! We had great service too. The teryaki steak was one of the best steaks I have ever had (boyfriend says it was the best) Dessert was very good but again GFC was also very good.

I personally would take Kona Cafe. We have it booked again for our next trip but not GFC. Kona is probably my favorite restaurant on property but GFC is good as well. But given the choice, Kona Cafe all the way!!

wdwfan4ver

I ate at Kona Cafe and Gf Cafe.

Both have very good food, but Service at GF mentioned can be iffy. GF Cafe Service a couple years ago wasn't good for dinner, but was great for lunch for the same trip.

bamillerpa

My vote is for the Kona Cafe. I will admit never eating at the GF but the Kona Cafe was sooo good I had to vote for it. The best steak I had on all of Disney property and as somone else mentioned the bread is fantastic! It doesn't hurt that it's in the Poly which is my favorite resort.

slappy magoo

Never had dinner at either restaurant. Last trip we did lunch at GFC and a breakfast at Kona Cafe. Kona is on the 2nd floor of Poly, above the lobby, which makes it feel less like a distinct, separate eatery. But the food was good, no doubt about it.

Grand Floridian Cafe is a separate room, and feels somewhat precious. The food was fine.

I was just checking out both restaurants' dinner menu. To be honest, neither one is making my mouth water, but hey, I'm picky. I'd suggest, if you haven't already, to check out the menus, too. There may be one place with entrees that interest you more than others. With both being on the monorail, getting to either one shouldn't be too difficult or time-consuming. I really do think it would boil down what has a more appetizing menu to you.

disneygirl1

Original Poster
Thanks all!!! I am the planner for the trip as always and I am always told just book what you think is best we trust your judgement!! I think I am goingto have the rest of the group look at the 2 menus and decide...

becanya

Kona Cafe is our very favorite on property. We eat there at least twice for dinner and once for breakfast on our trip because it's so amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom