Geyser Mountain

stagestar

Original Poster
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

for once I'm here to spread a rumour - some of you might now me as a member of the website www.dlp.info covering the Disneyland Resort Paris. Now one of our external contributors, Mickeyfantasmic, has just released a long report detailing the ride "Geyser Mountain" which was developed for DLP and is basically a new twist on the Tower of Terror with what sounds like a great dark ride element (see http://www.dlp.info/Interact/F-Files/GeyserMountain.htm). Unfortunately it does not look as if we in Paris would ever get the ride, but he also mentions that the ride is discussed as an possible expansion for either the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom at WDW. Thought I let you know...

Yours
Dirk

bamboo7

Originally posted by stagestar
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

for once I'm here to spread a rumour - some of you might now me as a member of the website www.dlp.info covering the Disneyland Resort Paris. Now one of our external contributors, Mickeyfantasmic, has just released a long report detailing the ride "Geyser Mountain" which was developed for DLP and is basically a new twist on the Tower of Terror with what sounds like a great dark ride element (see http://www.dlp.info/Interact/F-Files/GeyserMountain.htm). Unfortunately it does not look as if we in Paris would ever get the ride, but he also mentions that the ride is discussed as an possible expansion for either the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom at WDW. Thought I let you know...

Yours
Dirk

Thanks For The Info. I'll Be Looking Forward To Any Future Developments On This.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Thrawn
Yeah, lets build a copy of Tower of Terrror in WDW. We don't have one of those already.

Tower of Terror focuses on the descent...
Geyser Mountain would focus on the ascent...(The explosion of water up out of the earth)

WDWFREAK53

Still the same thing.

Just think about it...ANOTHER attraction to take away from the BTMR & Splash Mt. Lines... A well themed Mt. (to add to the Orlando Mt. Range) with a burst of water everytime the "car" shoots out of the mountain!!! Sounds cool to me! Also with the feeling of floating ontop of the BURST of water!!!

WDWspider

Still the same thing.

Doesn't sound like the same thing to me, oh well. But I seriously doubt this ancient rumor will ever see the light of day, so why argue the point. It is a different type of ride sensation, just as Dumbo and Magic Carpets are similar but different.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man

Doesn't sound like the same thing to me, oh well. But I seriously doubt this ancient rumor will ever see the light of day, so why argue the point. It is a different type of ride sensation, just as Dumbo and Magic Carpets are similar but different.

I didn't think it sounded like the same ride (yes, similar...meaning that it goes up and down) but different. (But, then again...you could say that RnR and Hulk are similar too...but as we know...completely different rides)

Sketch105

I think it would be great if they revitalized attractions again like this. Not that I like the concept, but the whole idea of doing attractions in different ways sounds great, and would really add to the parks, since there are going to be sooo many magic kingdoms by the time Hong Kong opens. I hate them copycatting so much. They have the talent to do different things (like, DISNEY SEAS!!!!!!!!)

How Bout resurrecting plans for Discovery Bay, or Western River Expedition, or even Tomorrowland 2055???

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Sketch105
I think it would be great if they revitalized attractions again like this. Not that I like the concept, but the whole idea of doing attractions in different ways sounds great, and would really add to the parks, since there are going to be sooo many magic kingdoms by the time Hong Kong opens. I hate them copycatting so much. They have the talent to do different things (like, DISNEY SEAS!!!!!!!!)

How Bout resurrecting plans for Discovery Bay, or Western River Expedition, or even Tomorrowland 2055???

What is/was the "western river expedition" and Tomorrowland 2055 :)lol: I can tell a bunch of rumors are gonna start up again after you explain :lol: )

Sketch105

Western River Expedition was going to be part of the original plan for the Magic Kingdom. Marc Davis and the Imagineers thought that Floridians would not be interested in a Pirates attraction like the one at DL, so they decided to not build Pirates of the Caribbean, and in Phase Two, would build WRE. It would require an enormous show building covering the area where Splash Mountain is today over to BTM. This section would be called "Thunder Mesa", and would have three attractions: Inside, the PoC-like Western River Expedition, a runaway Mine car attraction (BTM), and walking trails in tribute to Nature's Wonderland from DL.
When the Magic Kingdom opened in 71, people kept asking about Pirates of the Carribbean, and WDW management took notice. They put a rush job on PoC (which meant that parts of the attraction were cut from the Disneyland version) and built it in adventureland. Now, having spent the money on a PoC attraction, there seemed no sense in building WRE, since its show building (Thunder Mesa) would require a hefty price tag, along with the BACKWARDS RUNNING runaway mine ride (BTM).
It wasn't till years later when WDW wanted to build a roller coaster that they revived plans for the runaway mine car ride, and BTM was born!

Tommorrowland 2055 was actually an expansion of the Tommorrowland area of DISNEYLAND. It was to be a three story expansion, with walkways above the ground. The former Carousel of Progress/Amercia Sings area would be converted into "Plectu's Galactis Revue". The story here was that Tomorrowland became a spaceport to other galaxies, and when they found it to be a tremendous tourist attraction, an alien called Plectu (with his traveling band of entertainers) landed in Tomorrowland and set up shop. There were also several other plans for attractions including Alien Encounter (with a severely different exterior as seen in the book "DISNEY IMAGINEERING:A behind the dreams look at making the magic real". Its hefty price tag was scoffed at, and the current Disneyland tomorrowland is what is left: The misdesigned and closed down Rocket Rods, a paint job, a fountain, a small Innoventions, and Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

Sketch105

This is what Thunder Mesa/WRE would have looked like from the outside. This piece was a Disney postcard and can be seen at the Widen Your World website.

Attachments

• tmsa.jpg
    tmsa.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 347

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Sketch105
This is what Thunder Mesa/WRE would have looked like from the outside. This piece was a Disney postcard and can be seen at the Widen Your World website.

Whoa...that looks AWESOME!!! That is why I like DisneySeas so much...it's a lot of mountainous terrain and it doesn't look like land was leveled and then built upon...the MK is relatively flat...Animal Kingdom, Epcot, MGM...all of them are relatively flat.

Any pics of the Tomorrowland 2055?

Sketch105

He never reposts anything.He keeps getting kicked off every website he goes to. Mouseplanet, Laughingplace. Heck, DCA CEntral closed down. At least he has eyedrive.

Anyway, I like Jim, and he seems to know what he's doing. Even if he is wrong, its tough not to take everything with a grain of salt because of all the information there is. LIke when a new rumour comes out, nobody ever has real information except for premise. Jim writes about all the backstories on everything from Lightmagic to WRE, and he connects it with all the timelines and everything. Ever seen his piece on the muppets? Its friggin huge. I printed the thing out every week.

Of course, he believes that Ak will never get Beastly Kingdom. I
don't agree with that..:p

Anyway, NONE OF US REALLY KNOW WHAT'S GOiNG ON UNLESS WE'RE MICHEAL EISNER OR PAUL PRESSLER. (of course they don't even know what's going on either. Look at DCA!)

Sketch105

Hey, Fievel.. You seem like a trustworthy source. I was wondering if you could verify this piece of concept art. Is it real or entirely fake?

The dragon looks just like the one in the Mcdonald's Animal Kingdom happy meal that was released in 1998..
(not that its saying much. anybody could do it.)

Attachments

• dragon.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 221

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom