Getting us and our luggage to MCO

grmax5

Regarding the luggage, we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I would like to double check that they will have the Airline Baggage Check-in. We are flying Delta. We will then be spending the day at Hollywood Studios before we go to the airport. Our flight is on Tuesday, May 27, at 6:20pm. What is the best way to get from HS to MCO? What time do you think we have to leave HS to get to MCO in time for our flight?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

lilclerk

Upvote 0

grmax5

Original Poster
Thank you for confirming the Resort Airline Check-in.

Yes, we are using Magical Express but I thought we might have more time at the park if we didn't have to travel back to the resort for ME. Not sure yet though if this is a correct assumption.....

How do you get a cab to pick you up at HS? Can they get in to pick you up?

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

If you use the ME to return to the airport you'll need to return to the Boardwalk Inn. I've heard of people arranging to be picked up at a different resort by the ME but not a park. Are you just using the resort airline check in to get your bags to the airport and planning to not use ME?

Upvote 0

grmax5

Original Poster
I was not sure whether to use ME or not.... I was trying to figure out if we would have more time at the park if we took a taxi directly from Hollywood Studios to the airport but I am not sure if this is a possibility.

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

ME will pick you up from your resort 3 hours prior to your flight time. As long as you don't have carryons that you aren't willing to deal with all day, I guess you could use the resort airline check in head to HS and take a cab to the airport. It may give you more time in the park.

Upvote 0

Mukta

I took a cab from the Dolphin to MCO and it was pretty expensive. I would take DME. They will pick you up from the BW at 3:20. If you take alternate transportation, it might give you 1 more hour in the park, but not much more than that.

Upvote 0

piglet1

As one who blows money on cabs at WDW all the time, getting one from DHS is a pain in the butt. The cab stand, where even a reservd cab will meet you, is in the middle of the parking lot, and you have to take a people-mover to get to it. You are better off going back to the S&D or BW. And you can also book car services other than Meers for about $55 from there -- Quicksilver is a good one.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom