Getting to/from Beaches and Cream

slipperalwaysfits

So this sounds a bit silly, we are most likely staying at AKL for our upcoming trip in Nov. We are flying in, so we won't have a car. We have a dinner reservation for Beaches and Cream. We are wondering how to get home from Beaches and Cream? I told hubby that an Uber would be fine but he's concerned their cars won't be clean enough with the virus standards, etc. Any ideas or recommendations on how to get back to AKL after dinner at Beaches? I'm fine taking an Uber but not sure about hubby. I mean, we will be wearing masks and have hand sanitizer but...

DiSnEyF@n

What park will you be in that day? Maybe you can go right from Epcot or HS?
edit: I just reread.. you’re trying to go home... how late is your reservation? Can you walk through Epcot to get a bus?

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
We won't have park tickets that day, but perhaps we will add one if it's the only way to get home. The reservation is at 7 so not sure we'll be able to walk through Epcot on the way home, especially if we didn't have park tickets.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

We won't have park tickets that day, but perhaps we will add one if it's the only way to get home. The reservation is at 7 so not sure we'll be able to walk through Epcot on the way home, especially if we didn't have park tickets.
Hmmmmm... that is tricky then. What if you took a Disney bus to any park entrance and then hopped onto your bus from there?

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

There is another way, but kind of a pain and potentially time consuming. From AKL, go to Disney Springs and catch a bus to the Beach Club. DS will still be open after you finish dinner, so you can backtrack. OR you can take the bus to HWS and take the skyliner. The problem is that you might not be able to get back that way. I usually plan B&C on an EPCOT day as it is quick walk from the international gateway. I agree that a Uber or Lyft would be a lot easier and less time consuming, but understand the worries about sanitation.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Thank you @Hcalvert ! We totally forgot about Disney Springs. Hopefully, we could take a bus from Boardwalk or Beach Club to DS. Maybe my hubby will realize Uber is okay, but who knows?
Yeah, Beaches and Cream is great on an Epcot day, but there are so many good restaurants in Epcot..... :jawdrop:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You could always take a bus to Hollywood Studios and walk over to the Beach Club, it isn't a bad walk especially in November. Or it would take more time but you could use the Skyliner but that would involve riding to the Caribbean Beach hub and then to the Epcot station then walking to Beach Club.

On the way back if you don't want to Uber it would probably be best to go to Disney Springs then to your resort. Or depending on when Hollywood Studios closes you could head back there and get a bus.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

You could always take a bus to Hollywood Studios and walk over to the Beach Club, it isn't a bad walk especially in November. Or it would take more time but you could use the Skyliner but that would involve riding to the Caribbean Beach hub and then to the Epcot station then walking to Beach Club.

On the way back if you don't want to Uber it would probably be best to go to Disney Springs then to your resort. Or depending on when Hollywood Studios closes you could head back there and get a bus.

I like this idea... made me think they could walk or take the friendship boats to the entrance of HS and grab a bus from there.

Upvote 0

JohnD

So this sounds a bit silly, we are most likely staying at AKL for our upcoming trip in Nov. We are flying in, so we won't have a car. We have a dinner reservation for Beaches and Cream. We are wondering how to get home from Beaches and Cream? I told hubby that an Uber would be fine but he's concerned their cars won't be clean enough with the virus standards, etc. Any ideas or recommendations on how to get back to AKL after dinner at Beaches? I'm fine taking an Uber but not sure about hubby. I mean, we will be wearing masks and have hand sanitizer but...

As others have said, normally, I would take the bus to DS then a bus to your resort. During COVID, I'm not sure of the hours of bus depots at parks.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Just my opinion but if you are going to Disney during the pandemic I see no reason why Uber is any more "scary" than the rest of the trip.

You won't need a park ticket to return to your resort.
Depending on timing you may be able to go to HS and take a bus back to your resort.
Otherwise take a bus to DS and then to your resort.
One way or another you'll get there so I wouldn't worry.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom