Getting to Chef Mickey's

JiminyandTink

Hello All!

Does anyone have any suggstions for the best route to get to the Contemporary for Breakfast from POP Century

Thanks in advance!

switts

I have taken a bus to magic kingdom and then walked over or taken the monorail. If you have your own car you can drive over to the Contemporary as well. I have done that in the past.

Upvote 0

davidc1578

I agree, Bus to MK and then hop on the Monorail. We did this back in March. We just made sure to get to the bus stop a little early becasuse it was lined up with everyone going to the MK on a Friday. We ended up walking by the MK entrance at the same time as the Opening show so it was a bit of a fight to get through the crowd to get to the monorail. I think we left an hour before our reservation time and ended up getting there 15 minutes early.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If a morning character breakfast bus comes along, ask them if they will drop you at the Contemporary, sometimes they will drop you right off at the resort; otherwise, go to MK and then walk to Contemporary like the others said.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Depending on what time your reservations are for, you could take the bus to MK and/or walk/monorail. We eat late breakfasts, and we love the monorail, so we go to Epcot and take the monorail the whole way. Its awesome to ride it and see all the things. Anyway you get there, it's all fun.

Upvote 0

stlbobby

I suggest walking from the MK bus stop to the Contemporary. It really isn't much further than the monorail and you don't have to climb a ramp and wait for a train.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

If time is an issue, it is always faster to drive from resort to resort unless you are staying on them monorail loop and going to another monorail resort.

We drove from POR to Poly and then from POR to Cont and I was amazed at how fast and easy it was compared to doing the mass transit shuffle.

And if you feel like upsetting a lot of people on here you could choose to drive to the resort in the morning and leaving your car there all day while you are at the park. lol

Upvote 0

stlbobby

And if you feel like upsetting a lot of people on here you could choose to drive to the resort in the morning and leaving your car there all day while you are at the park. lol

Isn't that only an issue if you are staying off property and using this strategy to avoid paying for parking? If you are at a resort doesn't that entitle you to park at any resort, especially if you are eating at that resort?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

A few years ago, I actually measured the distances using a runners' website that uses satellite photos to measure running distances. From the MK bus area, it is a slightly SHORTER walk to the entrance of Contemporary Resort than it is to the MK monorail station.

In other words, if you walk to the monorail station from the bus, you're not only doing more walking, but it will take even longer due to waiting for the monorail and then riding the monorail.

Of course, the monorail is more fun than the walk .... :)

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Mind you, we did this for an early morning character meal at the GF, but we talked to the first bus driver who pulled up (think he was headed to Animal Kingdom) to see if he could take us. He was fine with it as long as we were OK w/a stop first at the Poly.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Isn't that only an issue if you are staying off property and using this strategy to avoid paying for parking? If you are at a resort doesn't that entitle you to park at any resort, especially if you are eating at that resort?

Apparently not, many people on here complain that the resort parking lot is only sized for current restaurant capacity plus current guests so anyone not staying there and not actively eating at there is taking up a spot for a valid guest and causing people to not have anywhere to park.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Is this chef mickeys that big of a deal??

If you have kids or kids at heart that MUST see the fab five, then this is a neat way for them to do it. My kids were 36/36/16/8 at the time (yes I count myself and my wife as kids lol) and to be honest we could all take it or leave it. We got a lot more out of the face charcters at 1900 Park Fare. The food at all the buffets are pretty much the same and nothing at all to write home about. The meats were bland as was the gravy. To be honest you will get better food at almost any waffle house / IHOP / Huddle House, or any other greasy spoon you might have in your area.

Upvote 0

WDWLOYAL1971

We always take the bus to the M.K and then either walk to the Comtemporary or hop on the monorail. Then we take the Monorail back to the M.K., and take the bus back to the Pop. If you have D.R at one of the Contemporary's restaurants, just be sure to manage your time accordingly so you wont be stressing getting there on time.:wave:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

A few years ago, I actually measured the distances using a runners' website that uses satellite photos to measure running distances. From the MK bus area, it is a slightly SHORTER walk to the entrance of Contemporary Resort than it is to the MK monorail station.

In other words, if you walk to the monorail station from the bus, you're not only doing more walking, but it will take even longer due to waiting for the monorail and then riding the monorail.

Of course, the monorail is more fun than the walk .... :)

I also prefer to walk, but the distance is far shorter to the monorail station than to the Contemporary. I did not measure, but as you can see from the colored lines I added to the picture that the distance from the MK bus station is about 3 times longer than the walk to the monorail station. I am not sure what site you used, but the mileage may be off a bit.

The walk to the Contemporary is quicker than taking the monorail if time is a factor.

showphoto.php

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=39530&size=big&cat=

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom