Getting to and from WL for Dinner ADR

Tinkerbella16

We will be going to WDW Nov. 9-15. I just made a last minute adr for Whispering Canyon Cafe for the 10th...being that I did this so late in the game, our dinner is for 8:20pm. We aren't on the DDP so we wanted to have one big sit-down dinner while we are there. We will be staying at POFQ, so we will be giving ourselves a lot of time to get there.

I figure we'll take the bus to MK and then take the boat to WL and try and be there by 7:30pm just to be safe. Looking at the hours for MK that day...the park closes at 7pm. We probably won't leave WL until 9:30.

Will we have a problem getting back to MK to catch our bus to French Quarter? Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes the boat from MK to get to the WL? Thank you for any help! :wave:

Mystic

Is your dinner at the WL on a night when there will be a Christmas Party? If so then getting back to MK shouldn't be an issue as MK will be open to party guests until midnight. You could easily take either the small launch to the Contemporary and walk or talk the Monorail to MK or take the big MK launch from the Wilderness Lodge. There is also the option of taking the bus directly from WL to MK.

If it is a non party night, the best bet for getting back to POFQ would be to take a bus to Downtown Disney and transfer to the POFQ bus or take the boat launch from Downtown Disney to POFQ.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

We run into this type of situation as well because we like to try the restaurants at different resorts.

Since you are staying at PO I think the bus to DTD and then the boat to PO is a fine idea.

When you do not have that option, however, taking a bus to DTD and then another bus to your resort can be a long, crowded process. You're tired from a day in the parks and just want to get back to your room and relax. What might seem not like that long during the day and you are fresh can be a cruddy experience when buses run sporadically and are often packed with other tired (and many times cranky) guests.

So I suggest you do like we do now. Have the DTD route available, but also budget $50-$75 to be available for taxi rides. If you are tired and just want to go back to the hotel you will be thankful to take a taxi.

Have fun.:wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Yes! I did not even think about MVMCP. There is a party on Nov. 10th, so we will be able to get back to MK from WL with no problem at all, and then take our bus back to FQ.

Thanks for the quick replies! :wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We've done this run at the same time as well. The best ways we have found that works for us is go to MK and just hop the bus to WL or if you have your car with you just drive, just make sure you have your parking permit with you and tell security your there for a meal. Give yourself about an extra 40 minutes for the travel. Oh, when you get to your table take the most gullable person to ask for ketchup, you'll find that very interesting.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
We've done this run at the same time as well. The best ways we have found that works for us is go to MK and just hop the bus to WL or if you have your car with you just drive, just make sure you have your parking permit with you and tell security your there for a meal. Give yourself about an extra 40 minutes for the travel. Oh, when you get to your table take the most gullable person to ask for ketchup, you'll find that very interesting.

Yeah, we use Disney busses so since there will be a xmas party that night at MK, I am not worried about getting to and back from WL. Was your late time adr as bad as I am thinking it is going to be? I mean...we figured we'd just have a late lunch that day. last year the latest we had dinner was at 7:30pm...and we found to be perfect, because it wasn't too too early. So its not that big of a difference really.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Yeah, we use Disney busses so since there will be a xmas party that night at MK, I am not worried about getting to and back from WL. Was your late time adr as bad as I am thinking it is going to be? I mean...we figured we'd just have a late lunch that day. last year the latest we had dinner was at 7:30pm...and we found to be perfect, because it wasn't too too early. So its not that big of a difference really.
A few years ago the bus times to the WL were horrible, but since then they have gotton much better, so now I don't mind taking the bus there from the MK, and if you have alittle extra time before your checkin for your ADR's, take a walk outside and see the huge topiaries of the bison in front.

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Tnkgrl-I'm so glad you posted this. I leave for the World on Sunday (woot!) and as good as I thought I'd planned, you brought up a very valid and pertinent point to my trip.

I have ADRs at WCC at 8:20pm on the 19th of Oct. Since we arrive at 1:00 in the afternoon, and are not heading to any parks that day, we are just doing some resort hopping. We're staying at POP and plan on visiting POR, then heading to MK to catch the Monorail to Poly, GF, and Cont., then heading via boat to WL. Basically, it never ocurred to me to check the MK hours to see if I would have problems heading back to POP after our meal. I checked just now and there is a MNSSHP that night, so I guess no worries!

Long story, but basically-thanks for making me think of this. I would have been very sad to not be able to get back to POP!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Tnkgrl-I'm so glad you posted this. I leave for the World on Sunday (woot!) and as good as I thought I'd planned, you brought up a very valid and pertinent point to my trip.

I have ADRs at WCC at 8:20pm on the 19th of Oct. Since we arrive at 1:00 in the afternoon, and are not heading to any parks that day, we are just doing some resort hopping. We're staying at POP and plan on visiting POR, then heading to MK to catch the Monorail to Poly, GF, and Cont., then heading via boat to WL. Basically, it never ocurred to me to check the MK hours to see if I would have problems heading back to POP after our meal. I checked just now and there is a MNSSHP that night, so I guess no worries!

Long story, but basically-thanks for making me think of this. I would have been very sad to not be able to get back to POP!!

You are very welcome! I just thought about all of this today...and I was worried that we would have a problem getting back since its a later ressie. Good thing there are parties going on at MK for both mine and your nights going to WCC. Have a wonderful trip!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom