Getting Pooped On While In the Parks

Timekeeper

Original Poster
WDW has a lot of wildlife that have become comfortable, maybe too comfortable, with crowds of guests. Whether it's at specific locations like Casey's Corner or among the endless foliage throughout the parks, there are a lot of birds.

Well, it finally happened to me. So, I just have to ask, has something similar ever happened to you? Have you ever seen this happen to other guests?

main_street_poop.jpg

I've heard that it can be considered "lucky" to be pooped on by a bird. I disagree.

If this has happened to you, were you able to just shrug it off, or was the offending bird's "gift" enough to ruin your day?

If a CM sees it happen, or a guest reports the traumatic attack to a CM, will they offer you a replacement t-shirt? I'm not suggesting that this misfortune necessarily obligates Disney to give away free merchandise to a guest, but some attacks can be pretty substantial and difficult to wash out with just hand soap and a restroom sink, while other attacks might be small enough to go unnoticed.

For me, this is a much unwanted meet and greet with poo. o_O

Rinx

I've been pooped on the shoulder while at the entrance to Epcot. Grossed me out at first but I just went to the bathroom and washed it out.

MissM

Love's been pooped on. Twice. Both times in Frontierland. Neither time did a CM offer him a replacement shirt, but both times we wound up buying him a new one. It was a lot of poop and even trying to wash it out, just made a smeared, poopy mess.

sweetpee_1993

Happened to my oldest son in Frontierland in December 2007. We were walking along and he got bombed on the arm. I broke out the wipes & cleaned him up. He was plenty miffed at the bird, tho. We went about our day. No big deal.

Britt

It hasn't happened to us yet. I can't imagine why WDW would be responsible for the shirt...they can't control it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Given all of Disney's anti-bird treatments.. this happens far less here than in other places.

On a beach boardwalk it's far more common. You just get a wet rag or paper towel and just wipe it off.

luv

The minute word got out that Disney was giving out free shirts to bird poo victims, there would be at least 100 people filing false Bird Poo Reports to claim said shirts each day.

I have yet to be a bird poo victim. But now I've jinxed myself and expect the plop any time.

Britt

The minute word got out that Disney was giving out free shirts to bird poo victims, there would be at least 100 people filing false Bird Poo Reports to claim said shirts each day.

I have yet to be a bird poo victim. But now I've jinxed myself and expect the plop any time.
HEHE, I was thinking this as well! I think Im packing a couple extra shirts to the parks (or just using this as an excuse to buy a disney shirt...LOL)

lostpro9het

Slightly embarrassed to admit it but I was a guano victim while enjoying a coffee at Kusafiri in AK. My DW and DD really enjoyed it since the DW warned against sitting where I was since all the little birds had been fluttering around. Fortunately it was a shoulder attack and a quick stop in the restroom cleaned me up.

bethymouse

Never at WDW, but when I was little at South Padre island, before they "built it up", we were feeding the gulls, thousands of them, and needless to say- plop!:eek: Also, while feeding the lorikeets at BG w/ the cup of nectar, they sit on your shoulder- got pooped on twice: head and shoulder LOL!:D

jme

One got me right on the top of my head in the hub as I was making my way to Space Mountain. Similar thing also happened one time while driving in a convertible, which is some pretty impecable timing.
Thankfully it washes out quite easily.

jlevis

Never in the parks but many years ag, April, 1964, I was on the USS Patch headed home from Germany. Stepped out on deck hoping to see the White Cliffs and splat, right on my face and shoulder. Spent the rest of the 7 day trip avoiding barf on the ladders and gangways. Bird poop is no big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom