Getting into the hot seat

Raven66

nicholas said:
I am pleased to announce that with your advice, I was able to make it into the hot seat today! I was third place for Fastest Fingers and then #1 for the entire first round. I didn't do too shabby. Made it to the question to reach the second prize, but lost on it. Oh well. I got my pins and that's all I wanted :p

Thanks, guys! It was a blast!

Yeah nicholas :sohappy: Congrats!!! :wave:

tigsmom

Brick Tamland said:
It must be rigged, at the ESPN weekend last august, I did'nt get in the top ten but a soccer mom who was sitting next to me did, Craziness

Geeze, maybe she knew more than you? Or was quicker on the buzzer?

MicBat

nicholas said:
I am pleased to announce that with your advice, I was able to make it into the hot seat today! I was third place for Fastest Fingers and then #1 for the entire first round. I didn't do too shabby. Made it to the question to reach the second prize, but lost on it. Oh well. I got my pins and that's all I wanted :p

Thanks, guys! It was a blast!
Tell everyone the question that stumped you! :lol:

JeffH

EpcotPhotoSchmo's technique is the exact one I use.
That combined with the ability to tap my finger almost 10 times a second, put me in the hot seat the 1st time I played, and in the top ten everytime since then (unless I botched up a question, of course).
I was so sure that I was number 1, I turned to my brother and told him I think I'm going down there...and I did.
I was so sure because it was a series of about 7 questions, which would have weeded out most of the people, I was in the top 10 the 1st time they looked at the crowd, and the last question was pretty tough and I know that I had gotten it right (while the contestant, of course, had missed it).
It's those D answers that can really put you ahead since the buttons become active the moment the D answer is revealed, so if you can eliminate A, B and C before D shows and be hitting D BEFORE it appears, then you will beat all the people who waited for it to be read or to read it themselves.

Ellajoan

Fievel said:
Hope this helps.....until it closes...unless it already has.

Don't tell me this attraction is closing? It's one of my favorites! Are you just speculating or is it going down for maintenance? :veryconfu

nicholas

Original Poster
MicBat said:
Tell everyone the question that stumped you! :lol:
The question that got me was something like "what's another name for a cobnut?"

And the choices were Cashew, Hazelnut, Chestnut and Walnut. I had just used my last life line on the previous question (Thanks, Doug from Rochester, if you're reading this! Your James Bond knowledge is forever appreciated!), and I had no idea what the answer was so I said (forgetting there was a microphone) "Oh this is ridiculous."

Then I just guessed Chestnut because I had nothing to lose really and it was wrong. I don't even remember the right answer, but I think it was Walnut. Oh well. I made the hot seat and that's all I wanted! The host I had was great too. She was gorgeous and she found me in the office filling out my paperwork afterward and we had a nice chat. She was such a sweet lady. Loved her!

Coasterbp

nicholas said:
The host I had was great too. She was gorgeous and she found me in the office filling out my paperwork afterward and we had a nice chat. She was such a sweet lady. Loved her!

Ellen Sowny. She's great... One of the newer faces at Millionaire.

Laura

Wow you made it! That's great!!

I've only been to this attraction once. I was a little bummed because the noisy audience always gives away the answers! As soon as the right answer is read you can hear 80% of the room start tapping on their buttons. But oh well, I'm looking forward to doing it again someday, although I'd rather die than be in the hot seat, I can't stand being in front of a crowd!

Brooke

I've been in the hot seat once. My only tip would to just answer the very first fast finger question right because that's what I did! And don't let the person next to you think that they won! (The kid next to me thought it was HIS seat number and started running down to the stage and I kindly had to tell him that it was my seat and not his!)

NHBelongsToMe

Is this attraction still there? I'm leaving tomorrow with my girlfriend who's never been to Disney but loves trivia stuff...

...me, I've gotten into the number 2 spot, but never the hot seat. Bummer...

Disney Oracle

I was lucky enough to get into the hot seat once. I have given up ever getting in on the fastest finger question, but the tap-tap-tap method (and my astonishing ability to retain large volumes of otherwise useless information) usually puts me in the top 10. Well, this was one of my first times at the show and I was #4 after the 1000 point question and after the current contestant missed the 32,000 point question, they ran #10-2 and I thought "What a gyp! I got all the answers right! Why aren't I up there?". And just as it dawned on me that there was 1 slot left, my seat # popped up and the music and lights started going and my friend went nuts. I just stunned. That must happen a lot cause they had CMs every inch of the way to guide me down to the hot seat and get me situated. It was for sure the highlight of that trip!

Did you know that a million million is a trillion? Neither did I! ;) But I had already gotten up to 32,000 points, so I got the pins, hat and shirt. Not sure if Nicholas and I had the same host, she was a lovely African-American lady with a beautiful voice, though I have also seen her as the stage manager at the show. Now when I go, the host is usually that guy who went on Trading Spaces. :)

Mad Stitch

I’ve made it to the hot seat with the fastest finger question. I decided to enter BDAC as fast as I could. When the question came up I ended up guessing the right answer. Although I would have known the correct answer without guessing.

DDuckFan130

I finally read this thread and first of all, congrats Nicholas on reaching your goal! :D Also, I think I will follow all of your advice when I go next time. I am addicted to this attraction and my family goes twice when we're at MGM. I haven't remotely made it to the hot seat, but I did make the list once (like in 10th place :rolleyes: ) and it was after they asked a Walt trivia question :D I have really bad reflexes so for fastes finger I always take forever. I always gather my thoughts first and then tap tap tap :hammer: so I think I'll just use my "nintendo fingers" next time and see how that works out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom