Getting into the hot seat

nicholas

Original Poster
Static-X said:
Nope. Just know your trivia...
I was afraid of that. I got really frustrated last trip as I didn't miss ANY questions and would put in my answer the moment the lights came on, but still never found myself even in the top ten. Hmph. :p

Slipknot

The only really good time for any average person to get into the hot seat is the beginning. Just hope it is something you know about (i.e. list these major league baseball cities from south to north. *I forgot the cities*).

Icekid84

I personally thought the show was rigged or something, Then again the british familiy who won (BOTH!!) times could of had really fast fingers. Because nearing the end of the game this british guy got the top, and he went down but missed some question so it happened again and guess who got it this time.... the guys brother... What are the odds of that? lol

EpcotPhotoSchmo

There are a couple things you can do. If you don't know the fastest finger question, just enter an answer as fast as you can. You have a 1 in 24 chance of getting it right by dumb luck. You may notice that sometimes the fastest finger winner answered in less than a second. Those folks probably used this method.

During the rest of the game, start pressing the button of your answer quickly and repeatedly (tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap....) as soon as it is read aloud. Keep tapping until all four answers are read and your response is locked in. In order to be called down, you have to answer correctly and FASTER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE who also gets it right. If you hesitate even 2 seconds after the keypad is active, you're probably out.

This system sometimes leads to a leap of faith, because if the first three answers seem wrong, I'll already start tapping D before it is even read.

So yes, you have to know your trivia, but the key is to know it FAST and work that keypad as fast as it can go. You'll probably be able to look around and see someone playing it this way.

This has been a pretty successful system for me and my family. I, my father and both my brothers have all been called down. My brothers were called down back-to-back in the same show.

Figment1986

Here is a good Tip.. Pay the computer a 50 to make your seat activate before the others... Thats how you get up faster.. LOL

Seriously.. dumb lucky or knowing your trivia.... do it fast....

KevinPage

I've come to the conclusion that it is IMPOSSIBLE, I've tried over 20 times and have failed by hundreds of a second.

There is no way to get the fastest finger question legitimately. There are too many people who just use a combo and don't read the question.

How can you explain someone getting the right answer in less than 1 second?

I've tried this and come oh so close 2 times, by luckily guessing the right combo. I'm a BCAD man myself.

Then during the game I'd be on the leader board #1 and the game would end. :brick:

I'm at the point of giving up trying. I tried during Star Wars millionaire as well, but no luck. I chose not to use my fastest finger combo and read the question. Guess what, if I did the combo I would have won as the winner took like 2.5 seconds.

Oy vay :cry: :cry: :cry:

Raven66

When we played my husband was always in 2nd place. He finally got first and wouldn't you know it, it was the end of the show. :cry: He was bummed. I got 3rd and my daughter was 6th (with a little help from daddy :lookaroun ) It was fun though. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Two Words: Nintendo Fingers

Fastest finger is dumb luck..your best shot is being #2 in the chair.

I got in the hot seat by using the Nintendo Fingers method.

As SOON as the answer is up on the screen, press it furiously like you're playing mortal kombat or something....for me, I use my right hand, have 4 fingers behind the box and follow over the letters as the answers are read. If I hear the right answer, I start pressing furiously, even though the lights havent' been lit yet. I've been #1 numerous times before I finally got on, and time ran out. If you press furiously before they're lit, you'll generally be the first one on the list. When I got in the hot seat, my wife was #2.

Oh yeah, if the answer is D, the lights will light the instant D is read...so if it's not A, B, or C....as soon as C is read start hitting D as fast and furiously as you can.

Hope this helps.....until it closes...unless it already has.

rainfully

I developed I method of watching the screen... when I knew the answer, I'd hover over the button and as SOON as the light went on, I'd press that motha like it aint no thang! I didn't get to the hot seat.. but I was on the board for most of the game.

as soon as you know the answer press the correct button, if the answer is a, start pressing, even while the question is being read. if you dont know the answer listen for the clicks from other players, most of the time the audience is right.you do need nintendo fingers, that helps alot, since ive figured out this little technique, the past 5 times ive been to the world ive been in the hotseat.

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
The best way is to cheat......... well sorta........... What you want to do is sit with a group of people so there is a good possiblity you can get all the answers right! That way someone is bound to know the answer to the question! No group? No problem........ if you don't have a group and don't know the answer look @ the people around you and see how they answer!

crazycalf

I've been in the top ten many times, never number one though.

First you have to know the answers. Then don't wait for the lights to come on, just keep hitting the key with the right answer as soon as you know it.
But if you get 1 wrong its usually over. Last time i was there I was in the top 10 after 1000 then I missed 1 question and I dropped out when they called the next person

Good luck

Simba One

I got into the hot seat on the first question...while I was telling my wife that I thought I hit the wrong buttons. I knew the answer, but hit the keys so fast that I thought I missed the two middle letters.

Suddenly, the lights and cameras all turned toward us. I assumed that my wife had gotten it, so imagine my surprise when they called me down.

Fast fingers, a head for trivia, and an ability to multi-task. You have to be reading the choices and entering your answer at the same time.

testtracker

My 13 year old brother got up to #3 with very little help. When you see the answer, push the button with two fingers as fast as you can, even before the all the answers are read.

nicholas

Original Poster
I am pleased to announce that with your advice, I was able to make it into the hot seat today! I was third place for Fastest Fingers and then #1 for the entire first round. I didn't do too shabby. Made it to the question to reach the second prize, but lost on it. Oh well. I got my pins and that's all I wanted :p

Thanks, guys! It was a blast!

tigsmom

nicholas said:
I am pleased to announce that with your advice, I was able to make it into the hot seat today! I was third place for Fastest Fingers and then #1 for the entire first round. I didn't do too shabby. Made it to the question to reach the second prize, but lost on it. Oh well. I got my pins and that's all I wanted :p

PINS!? :lol:

Slipknot

nicholas said:

Congrats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom