Getting frustrated with trying to get through on phone.

wendysue

Original Poster
So....I spent 2 1/2 hours on hold yesterday because when I would get through to someone, it was always the wrong person. I called the ticket line and after an hour I was told by a very nice cast member that I had reached the wrong dept and she would transfer me to the right place. Ok...after 45 minutes more I got another very nice cast member who told me that I was at the Internet Help desk. I had been transferred to ticketing. She then told me that regardless of what number you call, after 30 minutes on hold you get transferred to a general help department where you get transferred yet again. It's a vicious circle and not sure what to do. Would it help if I try to call right at 7:00 a.m.? I have emailed as well, but they take about 2-3 weeks to respond. :(:mad::banghead:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't have an answer other than to say I've been there with cast members pointing in multiple and opposite directions and eventually trying to send me some place I've already been. The "best" is when it's night and you've been holding a while and then after speaking with someone you're told that the department to transfer to is closed.

G00fyDad

I know your frustration. These days when I call them I call them as soon as the option arises for me to have them call me back I jump on it. They may not call for a few hours but they do and I am not sitting there with a phone against my head waiting.

Chi84

Premium Member
I know your frustration. These days when I call them I call them as soon as the option arises for me to have them call me back I jump on it. They may not call for a few hours but they do and I am not sitting there with a phone against my head waiting.
Where on earth did you find a call back feature?

Chi84

Premium Member
MDE randomly dropped 3 members of my planning party for our April vacation, so I called the number listed t handle that particular problem. I followed the prompts past "annual pass holders" and "reset password" and chose MDE, followed by technical support.

Thirty minutes later I reached a very polite CM who told me that if I wanted any type of technical support with MDE I would have to go back and select "reset password" even though I had no desire to reset my password.

So I started over, chose reset password and waited a little over 2 hours to reach someone. The CM who responded helped reconnect the dropped members, and then just by chance I asked her if she could see my party's expired tickets (no longer visible in my MDE account) because we had to call ticketing and have them updated. She said she could take care of that for us, so we updated 4 tickets and then bought tickets for my husband and me (usually we are annual pass holders but didn't want to wait for them to start up again.)

My takeaway from this is to select "reset password" but I'm well aware there could be a different result the next time.

Nottamus

I know times are tough, staffing is, I’m sure very short handed, but the level of help has declined a little.
I went in expecting that, but still had to let the cast member hang up because I couldn’t get the help needed for my situation.

i know the CM was trying, just couldn’t help.

my wife called back the next day and got someone to help.

JIMINYCR

AAAHHHH... the old pass em off onto someone else and I dont have to deal with them game. Both the phone and computer route of contacting Disney and getting something resolved, fixed, changed, booked, answered in a timely manner is a fiasco. Youd think a corporation that relies on communication to set things up and satisfy guests would be hi8ghly efficient. Sadly... Nope. There is no answer to help you out other than have stiff drink, and keep trying until you get what you want.
But yes... the earlier you do call the better chances you may get someone to answer and get the process of getting what you need done.

wendysue

Original Poster
AAAHHHH... the old pass em off onto someone else and I dont have to deal with them game. Both the phone and computer route of contacting Disney and getting something resolved, fixed, changed, booked, answered in a timely manner is a fiasco. Youd think a corporation that relies on communication to set things up and satisfy guests would be hi8ghly efficient. Sadly... Nope. There is no answer to help you out other than have stiff drink, and keep trying until you get what you want.
But yes... the earlier you do call the better chances you may get someone to answer and get the process of getting what you need done.
Thanks. I will get up early tomorrow and try again. Tomorrow will be the last time I try and even if I do get my questions answered I am done with Disney. Not just because of the phone issues but just about everything they have done the last couple of years. :(

Weather_Lady

I'm so sorry -- I've been there (for 7 hours of holding over 2 days a few weeks ago, in fact)! It is terribly frustrating and there's really no excuse for it. (Yes, I know Disney is short-staffed, but these on-the-phone CMs are the first point of contact for many vacationers, and maintaining adequate staffing there should be a corporate priority.) Hopefully you'll have better luck trying right when the phone lines open tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Daily Magic

I’ve been in that boat when I was trying to get a refund for my annual pass two years back. I still have the 3 minute loop of obscure Disney music stuck in my head.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So....I spent 2 1/2 hours on hold yesterday because when I would get through to someone, it was always the wrong person. I called the ticket line and after an hour I was told by a very nice cast member that I had reached the wrong dept and she would transfer me to the right place. Ok...after 45 minutes more I got another very nice cast member who told me that I was at the Internet Help desk. I had been transferred to ticketing. She then told me that regardless of what number you call, after 30 minutes on hold you get transferred to a general help department where you get transferred yet again. It's a vicious circle and not sure what to do. Would it help if I try to call right at 7:00 a.m.? I have emailed as well, but they take about 2-3 weeks to respond. :(:mad::banghead:
hmmmm - a little like this ? 😅
You see, there IS no Phone Line 😅 .

LovePop

Where on earth did you find a call back feature?
I took the call back feature last time. It was offered and I accepted. The wait time was 35 minutes (this was about a week ago). Right around 35 minutes later, I got a call, I answered, and it put me to music hold. I waited half a minute and talked to a CM who got me what I wanted.

Chi84

Premium Member
I took the call back feature last time. It was offered and I accepted. The wait time was 35 minutes (this was about a week ago). Right around 35 minutes later, I got a call, I answered, and it put me to music hold. I waited half a minute and talked to a CM who got me what I wanted.
That's great news! The last few times we called, we weren't given that option and the waits were around two hours. Just as a check, was it the main number that you called? The ones that we used were the number to reserve Polar Patios (I think it's 407 WDW-PLAY) and the number they tell you to use if there are issues with who is showing up in your travel planning party on MDE.

If there's a way to get a call back from a main number now and actually get sent to someone who can help you, that would be an excellent option. I need to call to sort out one final issue about our MDE account, so I would appreciate knowing how to get an option for a call-back.

Weather_Lady

Call-backs are only offered for certain things. I was told that if you need the ticketing or guest recovery departments, among others, it's not an option. You just get stuck in an endless cycle of transfer-hold, transfer-hold, praying you don't accidentally get cut off or transferred back to where you started. (Unmagical!) 😉

wendysue

Original Poster
After emailing to the supposed ticketing dept. every day, it seems that maybe that email doesn't exist as it is now coming back to me as undeliverable. Still no luck on the phone.

mikegdis

Pretty soon Disney will get hip to this call back feature and make it part of genie plus and charge you and make you have a reservation to get a cast member on the phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom