Getting frustrated with trying to get through on phone.

BeentoallDParks

At this point, if Disney is blaming the job market for 2 1/2 hour waits, the company is full of it. The phone situation has been dire for over a year. If they raised the salary to an attractive level and made the positions desirable, those jobs would be filled. Either that or the company just refuses to staff up. But Disney has a long history of being cheap when it comes to telephone customer service. For years, it refused to have a toll-free 800 number even at a time when calling it and waiting for help might have incurred steep long-distance charges for customers.

wendysue

Original Poster
At this point, if Disney is blaming the job market for 2 1/2 hour waits, the company is full of it. The phone situation has been dire for over a year. If they raised the salary to an attractive level and made the positions desirable, those jobs would be filled. Either that or the company just refuses to staff up. But Disney has a long history of being cheap when it comes to telephone customer service. For years, it refused to have a toll-free 800 number even at a time when calling it and waiting for help might have incurred steep long-distance charges for customers.
I agree. This is a huge company and there is NO excuse for something as easy as answering the phone. If you don't have the staff to take care of customers issues, you should not be open. I'm sure if I had a business that did that, I wouldn't be in business long. For something as easy as addressing the one issue I have, I now have a third party involved to try to get their attention. I know once this does get resolved, we will never go back.

wendysue

Original Poster
And yet... the waits remain hours long because we keep calling, knowing we'll have hours-long waits.
I keep trying to get through to have a ticketing issue resolved, but evidently they are too busy changing the color of road signs and giving BOB a raise to hire anyone to answer the phone. I am never going back

LovePop

That's great news! The last few times we called, we weren't given that option and the waits were around two hours. Just as a check, was it the main number that you called? The ones that we used were the number to reserve Polar Patios (I think it's 407 WDW-PLAY) and the number they tell you to use if there are issues with who is showing up in your travel planning party on MDE.

If there's a way to get a call back from a main number now and actually get sent to someone who can help you, that would be an excellent option. I need to call to sort out one final issue about our MDE account, so I would appreciate knowing how to get an option for a call-back.
Yes, it was the main number: 407 939 5277. My phone records says that I called at 11:06 a.m., and at 11:33 a.m., Disney called me back from 407 934 7639. I was making a room request for my reservation at POR. That was the first time I ever received a call back offer that I can remember.

DfromATX

Just be glad you don't have to contact Carnival cruise line. Complete cluster.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. I found with them if you say you want to book a cruise (instead of that you already have one booked), you get answered much quicker. I had to call them just the other day. It's the same as Disney - short staffed. What can ya do?

LovePop

The job market is partly to blame due to virus. I remember reading about this one person who wanted to work for Disney's phone line. She lived nearby, was experienced in the field, but she couldn't get vaccinated because of her health condition. Being that they worked from home nowadays anyway, she thought could get the work, but Disney said no, the vaccine rule had no exceptions.

DfromATX

This may not help you now, but I've had really good luck calling on or the day before/after a holiday. I called really close to Christmas and got through fast. I think I was on hold less than 10 minutes.

Weather_Lady

Not for nothing, but I've had to call 3 different departments at Universal, and made 2 calls to Jetblue, in the past week, and never waited more than 90 seconds to talk to anyone. I believe if Disney cared to staff its phone lines appropriately at this point, it could. The fact that it continues to treat guests (and its phone-answering staff) this way is disgraceful.

DisAl

The last two days I have not even been able to join the que. The "robo" just says they are too busy and hangs up on me. AFTER they have had me enter my reservation number...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom