Getting Excited!

MBrantleyIUP

Original Poster
Ok, i know i haven't contributed to many of these threads but I figured i would start one myself. My name is mike, i'm 21, and i'm starting august 2 as a Transportation Cast Memeber and I'm getting REALLY Excited! I wish time could go faster than it is because i can't stop thinking about it. So with that being said, who is as excited as i am???

DisneySaint

:sohappy: Duh, I am! If you can't tell by my excessive posting!

I would be doubly as excited if I had gotten that transportation role. I hear lots of good things about it. And wouldn't it be cool to get monorail pilot?

What roles did you apply for?

MBrantleyIUP

Original Poster
Being a Monorail Pilot is what i'm hoping for, but i'm sure i will be happy with anything i could possibly get within my role! I applied for transportation, operations, and full service food and beverage.

What was your first choice?

kcw

MBrantleyIUP said:
So with that being said, who is as excited as i am???
oo definitely me... haha my name's kacie, 19, august 23rd (so late!!!), character performer :p look forward to meeting you guys!

DisneySaint

MBrantleyIUP said:
Being a Monorail Pilot is what i'm hoping for, but i'm sure i will be happy with anything i could possibly get within my role! I applied for transportation, operations, and full service food and beverage.

What was your first choice?

My first choice was Transportation then Hospitality then Operations.

I got Operations, which can be really cool or can be really rough, depends what, where, and what I make of it.
But it's not like I had a choice ordering my preferences!

AliciaLuvzDizne

MBrantleyIUP said:
Ok, i know i haven't contributed to many of these threads but I figured i would start one myself. My name is mike, i'm 21, and i'm starting august 2 as a Transportation Cast Memeber and I'm getting REALLY Excited! I wish time could go faster than it is because i can't stop thinking about it. So with that being said, who is as excited as i am???
me!

:lookaroun

Full Service F&B

looks like we're arriving on the same date :wave:

MBrantleyIUP

Original Poster
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
I think I almost :hurl: a little yesterday when I realized how fast August 2 is actually coming!!

That's a very graphic smiley... lol. I know you have to be excited at the same time though :)

AliciaLuvzDizne

MBrantleyIUP said:
That's a very graphic smiley... lol. I know you have to be excited at the same time though :)
Absolutely.

Something that suprises me a little is my role. I interviewed for Hospitality (it was my first choice) and I have never ever worked in a restaurant before. Here's to not screwing up!! :lol:

MBrantleyIUP

Original Poster
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
Absolutely.

Something that suprises me a little is my role. I interviewed for Hospitality (it was my first choice) and I have never ever worked in a restaurant before. Here's to not screwing up!! :lol:

That's strange because i've been a server for years and i even talked about that during my phone interview, but i'm transportation! I did let them know that transportation was my first choice though, so maybe that's why :p

sanita

yeah I am arriving Aug 2 doing Quick Service Food and Bev, I am a littl excited nothing has hit me yet. Maybe until I start packing them realization will kick in that I will be living in florida for five months.Do anyone agree with me?

MBrantleyIUP

Original Poster
8/2

I'd like to meet you guys since we are arriving on the same day and we all post here. I'm not familiar with the area at all so we'll have to figure something out :lookaroun !

Any other CP-er's arriving on 8/2, send a message this way and we'll get together!

kcw

so wait, when do you guys leave? if I have to check-in later, at least tell me I get to stay longer! haha I leave january 5th....

Darwin

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
I think I almost :hurl: a little yesterday when I realized how fast August 2 is actually coming!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is just the beginning. When I went back in Jan. 2003 I was so excited, I felt sick weeks before just thinking about it, on the whole flight there, and probably the first two days at Disney World. I don't know why. I loved being there. I wasn't homesick because I had lived in Brazil for two years without my family and I went to college away from home just before I went to Disney World. Regardless, my stomach was bouncing with excitement and would let me hold much food. But it was nice because it gave me some time to settle in before I went to the grocery store. :D Good diet I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing that might be a bummer is working Christmas and New Year's Eve while down there. One girl said she had to do double shifts because it's so busy. But ya'll might love that excitement. Wish I was going too!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Darwin said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is just the beginning. When I went back in Jan. 2003 I was so excited, I felt sick weeks before just thinking about it, on the whole flight there, and probably the first two days at Disney World. I don't know why. I loved being there. I wasn't homesick because I had lived in Brazil for two years without my family and I went to college away from home just before I went to Disney World. Regardless, my stomach was bouncing with excitement and would let me hold much food. But it was nice because it gave me some time to settle in before I went to the grocery store. :D Good diet I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One thing that might be a bummer is working Christmas and New Year's Eve while down there. One girl said she had to do double shifts because it's so busy. But ya'll might love that excitement. Wish I was going too!
I'm a little sad about not being home for Christmas. I've never been away from my family on Christmas and my routein is the same every year.
my family even sits in the same seats year after year when opening presents under my aunts tree :lol:

But I think it will be fine, and Disney at Christmas time is amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom