Getting back into EPCOT after close?

durangojim

A question for you all. If you are staying at one of the monorail resorts and go to one of the Epcot resorts for a late dinner, will Disney let you back in to Epcot through the International Gateway to get to the monorail or your car if you parked in the Epcot lot for the 1 1/2 hours that the shops stay open after the park offcially closes? Thanks!

CleveRocks

You can't gain entry into the park after the park closes. You'd need to do one of two things:

• take a bus from that resort to a park that's still open, or Downtown Disney, and then take a bus from there to your resort

• take a taxi from that resort to your resort

Upvote 0

biergarten

option 3 - walk? dont try it. I figured, i walk through epcot all the time, it cant be that far to walk around it... except that because of the road layout it is 8 times the distance. so anyway, i was picked up by WDW security after the first mile and he dropped me off at my car.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
Well, here's my predicament. My wife and I are staying at the GF for our 5 year anniversary and I'm surprising her with an illuminations cruise so I'd really like to be able to walk back through Epcot to catch the monorail. But if we have to take the bus, so be it. My other question is what about people who park at Epcot and then do the cruise. How do they get back to their cars?

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Well, here's my predicament. My wife and I are staying at the GF for our 5 year anniversary and I'm surprising her with an illuminations cruise so I'd really like to be able to walk back through Epcot to catch the monorail. But if we have to take the bus, so be it. My other question is what about people who park at Epcot and then do the cruise. How do they get back to their cars?

If you're doing an Illuminations Cruise, that my be a horse of a different color. Whatever nunber you called to get the cruise, you should call them to get the answer to your question. There may be some kind of special dispensation for people who are taking the Cruise. I'm sure that many people who do the cruise were originally visiting Epcot during the day. If you approach the main gate with a receipt proving you had an Illuminations Cruise, they might let you in.

Another option:

Don't drive to Epcot, take the monorail. After the cruise (which, ,according to allearsnet.com, departs from the Yacht Club Marina, walk over to Disney-MGM Studios, and take a bus back from there. Even if Epcot CMs DO you let you back in through International Gateway, it might be a shorter walk to The Studios at that point. The only concern is at what time did The Studios close? Buses run at least 2 hours after the parks close, so as long as they didn't close early, you'll be OK, and you'll only be on bus instead of transferring onto another, with a (somewhat) scenic walk along the way.

Another possible option:

Did you book the cruise yet, or are you still in the planning stages? If you're still planning, see if you can arrange to take the cruise on a day that Epcot has Extra Magic Hours at Night. Then you'll have no trouble getting back into Epcot, because it'll still be open to all Disney resort guests. The only caveat to this would be if you didn't go to Epcot at all that day, and your tickets don't have a park-hopper option. Then, you're potentially wasting a day just to walk through the parks. And if you've already gone to a different park that day, you can't get in at all.

And still yet another option:

Are you bringing or renting a car while at WDW? If so, you can make ADRs for a restaurant at an Epcot area resort, opt to pay for valet parking, and then time limits cease to be an issue. The only caveat to THAT option would be if this were the only day you planned to be at Epcot, and REALLY had your heart set on getting there and back via monorail.

And again still yet another option:

Drive your car to the MGM parking lot, and take the ferry over to Epcot from there. After the Cruise, walk to the Studios to get your car. Only caveat, like above, is if you were only going to Epcot that day and really wanted to go via monorail

Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
Thanks Slappy, great suggestios. We're not renting a car, but I think there will be EMH the night we're going so that would take care of our problems.

Upvote 0

davidpw97

Last resort option:

During the finale of Illuminations while everyone is distracted, jump off the boat James Bond style, swim to the shore and either run up the hill by France and hop the Fence or run up the hill on the gate side and hop the fence and Eureka! you are home free. Or get someone to hang a rope ladder off the bridge connecting France and UK, climb onto it before the boat leaves that area and quickly climb to the top and over the wall and you are safe at home. Tie a plastic bag with dry clothes to your ankle and after you have made your escape, find the nearest restroom and make a quick change.

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

Last resort option:

During the finale of Illuminations while everyone is distracted, jump off the boat James Bond style, swim to the shore and either run up the hill by France and hop the Fence or run up the hill on the gate side and hop the fence and Eureka! you are home free. Or get someone to hang a rope ladder off the bridge connecting France and UK, climb onto it before the boat leaves that area and quickly climb to the top and over the wall and you are safe at home. Tie a plastic bag with dry clothes to your ankle and after you have made your escape, find the nearest restroom and make a quick change.
That sound slike your best bet.. if you are James bond or Ace Ventura :drevil:

Upvote 0

durangojim

Original Poster
Last resort option:

I thought about doing this also, but it just seems so common, I mean we see that happen almost every time we're at Epcot. Instead I think I just give the captain a 20 and have him drop us at the area in Future World directly across the lake from the American Adventure. :lol:By the way EMH are going on that night so there should be no problem.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Rob562

If the park ends up not having Extra Magic Hours that night, you should still be OK to get back through Epcot for about an hour after the park closes. Often, they just have the gates flung open for the exiting Illuminations crowds. And the park won't be anywhere near clear if you head over there right after you get off the Cruise. If a CM asks you, be truthful about what you're doing. Say that you were at the Yacht Club and that you need to get back to the monorail. They should let you through without any problem.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom