getting all the reservations you want..

dixiegirl

Well I booked all our dinning reservations in April, got all the times I prefered , but now we figured it'd be nice to try La Cellier at Epcot...Ya, started calling yesterday for anything in September 16- 23..for either lunch or dinner...Nothing ...So I called this morning ....yeah ..nothing...I know at that time there is the free dinning(which we don't appy for ,we're dvc'ers) >>My question is Does it really happen or has anyone had any real luck with calling every day and A space magically appears???....Thanks for any feedback...

57 more days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It does happen you just have to keep calling. A friend of my wife got reservations for Cinderella's royal table on the day before in late June so anything is possible.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Don't forget to call after you arrive and check everyday then, too. We have called from the parks and have been told there is a spot for us, if we can be there in 15 minutes. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Truthfully, there is no place to eat at WDW that is worth that much effort!!!

Many posters here like LeCellier, but come on...seriously...unless you are just doing it for the "thrill of the hunt", there's lots of better meals to be had with much less trouble!

I found it underwhelming and over rated. Plus, we last dined there when CASH was all the rage and I left feeling we did not get our money's worth. Don't fall for the hype! If you walk by and there's a table available, give it a shot. Otherwise, I certainly wouln't be getting up early to call about it (OR ANY PLACE!) every day!

If I may ask...what do you have scheduled for that time now?

GOOD LUCK!

:wave:

Upvote 0
I called for a ressy at Le Ceiler for November 15th and there was only a 8:50PM table available. I thought that was to late so I just booked a dinner at Coral Reef instead. I called 150 days before my trip and I still had to go with times that were open close to the time I wanted. There are places booked already. You have to book ressy's 180 in advance! It is crazy...

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

If I am not mistaken you can still go over and eat there without a reservation at non traditional eating times (like lunch @ 11 or dinner @ 3) Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I distictly remember a few years ago during the free dining craziness I could not get a reservation at Le Cellier, my husband and I went at 3:30pm and got a table with no problem. And I have to disagree with a previous poster, I found Le Cellier to be incredible. One of the best meals I have ever had and you just cant beat the ambiance.
Good Luck!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

If I am not mistaken you can still go over and eat there without a reservation at non traditional eating times (like lunch @ 11 or dinner @ 3) Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I distictly remember a few years ago during the free dining craziness I could not get a reservation at Le Cellier, my husband and I went at 3:30pm and got a table with no problem. And I have to disagree with a previous poster, I found Le Cellier to be incredible. One of the best meals I have ever had and you just cant beat the ambiance.
Good Luck!
A few years ago that was possible, but not so much anymore, especailly with the more popular restaurants like Le Cellier.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Check in FIRST at lunch. Or check between 3:30 and 4:30 between meals. Many people don't show for ADRs. If WDW made it easier to cancel, I would be sure to cancel each one of my extras. I try, but I can't sit on hold for 15 minutes to cancel.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Le Cellier seems to be the most difficult restaurant in EPCOT for getting reservations.
It's probably because it has steak, etc., which everyone understands and wants.
("I want some real food, Marge.")

Try Chefs de France as an alternative.

Good luck.
:drevil:

Upvote 0

KnK

Not correct. We found plenty of walk up options last year for free dining. Check in 1 - 1.5 hrs before dinner hour begins.

Same for us. I had no problems last year getting tables. We would decide about 3 pm where we wanted to eat for dinner, call and only once, did we not get our first choice.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Not correct. We found plenty of walk up options last year for free dining. Check in 1 - 1.5 hrs before dinner hour begins.

When we were there in March we were told that there is no such thing as a walk up to just about all the TS places anymore. The advent of the dining plan has made it impossible to get in anywhere.

We never made any ADR's prior to last year and we were stuck eating at many CS places. This year we made ADR's and I got the last one at Le Cellier for the day...3:30 pm. We saw so many people turned away. We even called dining to see if anything was available for that day and there were no TS spots available anywhere. :eek:

Upvote 0

raven

If I am not mistaken you can still go over and eat there without a reservation at non traditional eating times (like lunch @ 11 or dinner @ 3) Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I distictly remember a few years ago during the free dining craziness I could not get a reservation at Le Cellier, my husband and I went at 3:30pm and got a table with no problem.

On our last trip this past May we tried this at Chefs in France. We were told at Guest Services that there was plenty of room there for the rest of the evening. So after walking all the way around the lagoon the hostess at the door said they were booked for the evening and they weren't letting anyone else in. :mad:

Upvote 0

farmgirl

Hello, sorry for a little bit of a thread drift and this is only my opinion but I am from Canada and I was really disappointed with the whole Le Cellier experiance and will not return so there will be more reservations open for those who really enjoy it. Please don't get me wrong I am really glad that everyone likes it so much but this was my experiance there. First off I may be the only one that thinks like this but our food here tastes nothing like it does at Le Cellier. I went to try the cheddar cheese soup that I have heard many people talk about and I had to pass it on to my husband. I guess it was just too fancy for us. The service was not all that friendly and the waitresses were dressed in some kind of flannel shirts and some type of hide skirts which I guess shows history perhaps??? Then the souvieners were either wooden keychains or husky dogs:confused:. I guess I just expected to see more of what its like at home. To me it came accross that Canada is filled with only Huskeys and lumberjacks! I think Canada is a beautiful place to live and call home but I don't know it was just not what I expected at all. I hope nobody takes any offence to my comments because that is not what I intended. Just my opinion and curious if anyone else feels this way? :wave:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

In my opinion, it would be easy to get a reservation say around 3 then if you tried to do a walk up at 4 or 5. Most people do not eat that early and I would think they could accomodate people at 3 or so, maybe even 2 ish. But then again with the dining plan etc people are probably taking those early times because they cant get a 5 or 6 slot....hmmmm.
Anyway, you could just try, it doesnt hurt to try. Pass by there around 3 and see if you can get sat. Who knows.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

In my opinion, it would be easy to get a reservation say around 3 then if you tried to do a walk up at 4 or 5. Most people do not eat that early and I would think they could accomodate people at 3 or so, maybe even 2 ish. But then again with the dining plan etc people are probably taking those early times because they cant get a 5 or 6 slot....hmmmm.
Anyway, you could just try, it doesnt hurt to try. Pass by there around 3 and see if you can get sat. Who knows.
If I could have taken a 3 p.m. ressy I would have done that. But there is not one opening at Le Cellier during my entire stay (Sept. 7-14). I tried booking it in June. This is the third time I've had trouble booking there. Alas, I'm going to have to start reserving there like it was Cindy's Castle. :brick:

Upvote 0

bidnow5

I tried in May we booked our trip just two weeks before we arrived so we tried walking up to see what might be available well they had nothing at all for 3 months nothing early or late nothing very disappointing

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom