Get on your marks. Get set. and...

Dafid Duck

May 7th at 7am is only a few hours away. It seems like there are a ton of people waiting get their free dining reservations in the books. Please everyone, stay away from the end of December. I need those dates! How fast do think it will be until they run out of FD rooms in either moderate or value? I can't call that early and I'm getting nervous.

gsujillybean

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There must be plenty of rooms to move if they're opening Oct-Dec FD up to the public. Normally it doesn't come out until mid-July, right?

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I wouldn't worry about it too much. There must be plenty of rooms to move if they're opening Oct-Dec FD up to the public. Normally it doesn't come out until mid-July, right?

This will be our third Christmas trip and I honestly don't remember when FD dates were announced. We stayed in each of the Port Orleans but were forced out of the French Quarter on our second trip because the didn't have any other FD rooms. I know that French Quarter is MUCH smaller than Coronado Springs, but I'm concerned that with fewer resorts available I might miss out entirely.

Upvote 0

gsujillybean

I looked back, over the past two years, FD was released for Nov/Dec on 8/1/2013 and 7/9/2012. I got a the Disney Visa this year, but otherwise I've booked after the GP release and had no trouble getting a room at any of the Moderates. CSR and CBR are both huge-- it's very rare to get FD at POFQ at all. I promise you will find a room. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I am surprised they offer it in Late December.

I am too, this year in particular. Other years it ended the full week before Christmas. I think the 19th has been the last day before. A week in the World, including Christmas, has been truely magical. I can't wait to go again.

Upvote 0

BigTxEars

I won't lie, I am scared to go on Christmas day! Now with my job I could never go anyways on that day but that day just seems a wee bit too busy for me :)

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I won't lie, I am scared to go on Christmas day! Now with my job I could never go anyways on that day but that day just seems a wee bit too busy for me :)

We won't go to the Magic Kingdom on Christmas day either. EPCOT is crowded but holidays around the world is a great way to spend Christmas.

Upvote 0

hockeyfran

I have been on hold since 7:05am and it is currently 8:18am. I can't remember it ever being this busy when the free dining was released.
I have been able to get free dining the past 2 trips at POFQ but sadly they are not offering for POFQ this time.
Fingers crossed I get through soon.

Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
I have been on hold since 7:05am and it is currently 8:18am. I can't remember it ever being this busy when the free dining was released.
I have been able to get free dining the past 2 trips at POFQ but sadly they are not offering for POFQ this time.
Fingers crossed I get through soon.

Neither my wife nor I are able to call for awhile today. I hope the rush is over early in the day. Maybe by the time we can call, everyone else will be done and there will still be rooms for when we want to go. Hang in there. (Go Flyers, better luck next year.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We finally were able to call and we got Coronado just like we wanted (whew!). Unfortunately, we had the most unmagical operator and supervisor in the World. At one point the supervisor said, "If you don't like how we take reservations then maybe you should use a travel agent." If this had been our first trip to Disney, we never would have gone.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom