Get 'in line' for upcoming inline marathon

TURKEY

Original Poster
Get 'in line' for upcoming inline marathon
Date: 01/28/2003

Inline skaters will "skate around the world" on March 30 in the first Walt Disney World Inline Marathon, a 26.2-mile inline skating event that will wind through Walt Disney World theme parks and resort areas.
Disney Sports Attractions created the marathon in conjunction with the International Inline Skating Association. USA Roller Sports, a non-profit organization that develops programs, competitions and awareness of roller sports, recently was announced as the marathon's sanctioning body.

The half-marathon course will start at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex, pass through the Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's BoardWalk and Epcot, and circle back to the sports complex. Full-marathon participants will complete a second loop for a total distance of 26.2 miles.

Skaters of all abilities can register online at www.disneyworldsports.com on the Internet or print an application from the Web site for mailing. The full marathon costs $70 until March 1 and $80 from March 2-29. The half marathon costs $45 until March 1 and $55 from March 2-29.

Skaters must be at least 13 years old to participate. The race will incorporate separate starts for professional, master, advanced and recreational/fitness skaters. Competition between skating clubs also may be incorporated.

The All Star Kids Classic on March 29 includes 100-, 400- and 1600-meter inline dashes for kids between the ages of 3 and 12. Registration is available online or from 10 a.m.-noon on race day. The $5 entry fee is non-refundable.

For more information, visit www.disneyworldsports.com on the Internet.

from Eyes and Ears

Yellow Shoes

...and that's why I love the busses.

Although it is unfortunate that you have to deal with the traffic.
(we got stuck in Marathon 2002 traffic--so glad I didn't have to deal with it)

Better you than me trying to take a detour, getting lost, then driving 20 MPH in my rental car.

TURKEY

Original Poster
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
UGGGHHH... as if the regular marathon wasnt enough of a traffic nightmare... *sigh*

At least it shouldn't take as long as the regular marathon should it?

Yellow Shoes

Looks like RoqueC6's evil ways caught up to him again.

Do you think?

Nah--he couldn't be the one causing problems this afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom