GEORGE STRAIT GETS 51st #1 SINGLE

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
George Strait's album "50 Number Ones" debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart (All Genres) beating out Usher for the top spot!

As Lil' John would say, "Yeahya!"

Wilt Dasney

MouseMadness said:
You know, you're right. He's just a half step above those one hit wonders, isn't he? :lookaroun

:p

Ooooh....OK, Miss Smartt E. Pannts. :p

I wasn't calling him a flash in the pan...just noting that that song is gonna hang around his neck for anybody who hasn't followed his career closely. Kinda like no matter what Leonard Nimoy does before he dies, they'll put "Live long and prosper" on his headstone.

soo.....BOO-YAH! :lookaroun

(And how the hell do all you "yankee folk" know more about George Strait than I do? I mean, it's good to know his songs can legally be played above the Mason-Dixon and all...)

tigsmom

Wilt Dasney said:
Ooooh....OK, Miss Smartt E. Pannts. :p

I wasn't calling him a flash in the pan...just noting that that song is gonna hang around his neck for anybody who hasn't followed his career closely. Kinda like no matter what Leonard Nimoy does before he dies, they'll put "Live long and prosper" on his headstone.

soo.....BOO-YAH! :lookaroun

(And how the hell do all you "yankee folk" know more about George Strait than I do? I mean, it's good to know his songs can legally be played above the Mason-Dixon and all...)

Can't speak for anyone else but this is one Noo Yawker who loves good music & good looking guys. :D
Add garth to my list of "must listen to" also. :wave:

And don't call me "yankee folk"! :lol:

Wilt Dasney

tigsmom said:
Can't speak for anyone else but this is one Noo Yawker who loves good music & good looking guys. :D
Add garth to my list of "must listen to" also. :wave:

And don't call me "yankee folk"! :lol:

Sorry, Mad...all the years of being in the car while my mom yelled "Damn yankees...learn to drive or go back to New York!!!" haven't quite been expunged from my subconscious, I guess.

I'm getting better, though. (Sherman soooo cheated in his march to the sea.) :lookaroun

tigsmom

Wilt Dasney said:
Sorry, Mad...all the years of being in the car while my mom yelled "Damn yankees...learn to drive or go back to New York!!!" haven't quite been expunged from my subconscious, I guess.

I'm getting better, though. (Sherman soooo cheated in his march to the sea.) :lookaroun

:lol: We have something we say when a driver of questionable skills gets in our way, but it can't be repeated in polite company. :zipit: :lookaroun

MouseMadness

Wilt Dasney said:

Erm, okay... expunged... *goes to dictionary.com* Er, right :lookaroun

Okay, Sherman... I can only assume his first initial is P., and he lives at 42 Wallaby Way... :lookaroun

Incidentally, you just reminded me that one of the handful of times that I watched newlyweds was when it was revealed to Jessica Simpson that the name General Lee has significance above and beyond the Dukes of Hazzard. :lol: :hammer: :rolleyes:

Wilt Dasney

MouseMadness said:
Erm, okay... expunged... *goes to dictionary.com* Er, right :lookaroun

Okay, Sherman... I can only assume his first initial is P., and he lives at 42 Wallaby Way... :lookaroun

Incidentally, you just reminded me that one of the handful of times that I watched newlyweds was when it was revealed to Jessica Simpson that the name General Lee has significance above and beyond the Dukes of Hazzard. :lol: :hammer: :rolleyes:

:lol:

You always make me feel smart, Christy. (Or like a pompous ______ with too much arcane knowledge and free time)

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:

There is? :rolleyes:

She should spend more time in the library & less time in the tanning booth. *sigh*

Think I'll make a sandwich for lunch, I'm feeling like chicken.

*hunts for can of Chicken of the Sea*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom