General Magic Kingdom News and Updates

Mireille

Premium Member
So this is to give a platform for more unneeded vloggers to try to find their way into a packed medium instead of working at Starbucks?
With Starbucks as the option (and the way large employers treat employees these days in general) I hardly think trying to get by as an influencer is illogical or stupid. The employment environment when I got out of high school/college was so different from today and the options available due to social media and the internet didn't exist and were barely even imagined in sci-fi stories.

I find it kind of sad for people who grew up in such a different world to judge the decisions younger people make now assuming their world is the same one we came of age in. It's just a little "old man yells at clouds" and it prevents us from recognizing the real societal pressures that make vlogging a desirable option. Like, when I was in college, having tens of thousands of dollars in student loans was unimaginable if you weren't going to an Ivy.

Sorry, I know it's just a quick joke and I'm taking it too seriously, but evey older person complaining about "kids these days" seems to forget they were the target of the same complaints a generation or two or three ago. I'm Gen X and we were all slackers that just didn't want to work. It just feels like it's a lazy way older people have decided that they no longer have to recognize that the world changes and have just decided to stop engaging.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
With Starbucks as the option (and the way large employers treat employees these days in general) I hardly think trying to get by as an influencer is illogical or stupid. The employment environment when I got out of high school/college was so different form today and the options available due to social media and the internet didn't exist and were barely even imagined in sci-fi stories.

I find it kind of sad for people who grew up in such a different world to judge the decisions younger people make now assuming their world is the same one we came of age in. It's just a little "old man yells at clouds" and it prevents us from recognizing the real societal pressures that make vlogging a desirable option. Like, when I was in college, having tens of thousands of dollars in student loans was unimaginable if you weren't going to an Ivy.

Sorry, I know it's just a quick joke and I'm taking it too seriously, but evey older person complaining about "kids these days" seems to forget they were the target of the same complaints a generation or two or three ago. I'm Gen X and we were all slackers that just didn't want to work. It just feels like it's a lazy way older people have decided that they no longer have to recognize that the world changes and have just decided to stop engaging.
They’re a dime a dozen. It’s tired schtick.

It was ingenious years ago…now it’s every yutz with a selfie stick.

Besides…as far as Disney parks go there isn’t even anything to cover. They’re in an era of financial decline

JD80

I'm in my 40s. 15 years ago I was a content creator on the side and made enough for things like a down payment on a house and paying for my wedding.

It's even easier now with all the tools and accessibility to different platforms. Twitch, YouTube Live, Patron etc.

If you have any passion and talent being a content creator is something you can do on the side while waiting tables until it takes off. I find it hilarious we have some people here mocking young people for trying to make their own path.

Vast majority of content people under 40 are consuming is not traditional media. Hello linear decline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom