General Film Discussion (With Trailers)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
So I watched it this morning and it's by far the worst horror movie I've ever seen, if you can call it horror. The lack of creatures killed it for me. Just what is everyone seeing? Show us these so called worst fears instead of implying it's there.

Scrooged

Lego Movie 2 had an under-performing weekend. It was predicted to bring in $50-55 million domestically, and instead debuted at $34 million. With How to Train Your Dragon 3 coming out in a couple weeks, and Spider-Verse probably getting a boost if it wins the Oscar, things aren't looking good for the Lego franchise.

I’m not sure if it’s bad for the franchise, but I do think it’s surprising that it didn't do better- especially since the winter slump is in full effect. I suppose that a lot of people are staying in this winter rather than getting out to the theater. Box office numbers have been all over the place the last year or so. Perhaps Warner Bros. May hedge their bet on LEGO IP as a major theatrical release considering LEGO Batman and LEGO Movie 2 did not do what they projected. Plus- that promo dough they spent on LEGO 2 tho..... $$$$. I do agree with your points on “Dragon” and “Spiderverse.”

Plus I think everyone is gearing up for “Endgame” profits in April.

Princess Leia

I’m not sure if it’s bad for the franchise, but I do think it’s surprising that it didn't do better- especially since the winter slump is in full effect. I suppose that a lot of people are staying in this winter rather than getting out to the theater. Box office numbers have been all over the place the last year or so. Perhaps Warner Bros. May hedge their bet on LEGO IP as a major theatrical release considering LEGO Batman and LEGO Movie 2 did not do what they projected. Plus- that promo dough they spent on LEGO 2 tho..... $$$$. I do agree with your points on “Dragon” and “Spiderverse.”

Plus I think everyone is gearing up for “Endgame” profits in April.

It’s not a great sign

Bairstow

The New York Toy Fair is underway and with it come new announcements for pony! At the investor call this morning Hasbro has announced another feature length MLP movie is coming up with a scheduled release year of 2021.

It will be a 3D/CG animated movie and as of yet it is unknown if the movie will be G4 or G5.
Is Will Smith playing the ponies?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A little late now. FNAF mania is over! I don't see how that works anyway. I use to love me some Banana Splits. The theme song is really catchy.

Tra-la-la, la-la-la-la
Tra-la-la, la-la-la-la
Tra-la-la, la-la-la-la
Tra-la-la, la-la-la-la....

When I first saw the Tra-la-la's, I thought you were doing a slowed-down creepy-child sing-song version.

And I bet that's what the movie trailer will do.

Of course, if the family's really in danger, they can always call out, "Uh, oh! Chongo!!"

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
When I first saw the Tra-la-la's, I thought you were doing a slowed-down creepy-child sing-song version.

And I bet that's what the movie trailer will do.

Of course, if the family's really in danger, they can always call out, "Uh, oh! Chongo!!"

I'm genuinely interested in seeing the teaser trailer. Not so much the movie though. You don't do that to the Banana Splits!
Of all the Hanna-Barbera series though; I think "Jonny Quest" is the most deserving of live action treatment.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Princess Leia

GHOSTBUSTERS: New Details Revealed On The Four Lead Teens Jason Reitman Is Looking To Cast
Can we stop with the Ghostbusters sequels and remakes?

erasure fan1

Oscars: Steven Spielberg to Express Netflix Concerns at Upcoming Academy Meeting
Maybe he should worry about making better movies rather than this. As a director he hasn't had a great track record for some time now. It doesn't bother me that Netflix movies qualify for oscars. This kind of reminds me of the music industry and mp3s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom