General Discussion of Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby86

It really does seem like this will be a bifurcated experience between the queue and the actual flume. I don't really see much connection between the co-op storyline and the singing animals that will populate the majority of the indoor portions of the ride. Or how Mama Odie factors at all into the "secret ingredient" storyline...before subsequently throwing you off a 50-foot cliff.

Remember folks, Imagineering gave a convoluted Prince Charming backstory to the carousel of all things. They love doing needless information dumps. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual ride portion only pays lip service to the complex salt mine/co-op plot.
Yeah the backstory to the Carousel is ridiculous the prince training for jousting is an uneeded story point. Honestly if they wanted a backstory the simple thing to say is Cinderella wanted to open up the Castle to everyone and they bought the Carousel so people could have something to do.

I feel like Tiana's has a similar issue. The backstory is bogged down with so much information. She bought a salt mine, it's an employee owned co-op, she has local artists decorating, they make great hot sauce, she is teaching kids about gardening. Are there going to be book reports in the queue so we know all the ins and outs?

If they were dead set on the ingredients plot they didn't need to add all this superfluous information. Just have her need an ingredient and go on an adventure in the bayou to find it. Keep it simple.

Trauma

I asked in the other thread but it was locked.

Do salt mines have a history of being repurposed?

I know you can take tours of some, but I don’t know if any co-op restaurant/hot sauce factory/community meeting center/ female empowerment / diverse teaching kitchen thing has ever been attempted ?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
This Tiana story at least has potential to be more developed than the loose Splash story of Br'er Rabbit looking for his laughing place and Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear trying and failing to catch him before he escapes and realizes he could find it at home. Pretty simple story.

LittleBuford

I asked in the other thread but it was locked.

Do salt mines have a history of being repurposed?

I know you can take tours of some, but I don’t know if any co-op restaurant/hot sauce factory/community meeting center/ female empowerment / diverse teaching kitchen thing has ever been attempted ?
I don’t think we should be looking for realism in a Magic Kingdom attraction. That isn’t the problem here.

Drdcm

One of the reasons this is a quality forum is that it’s moderated. Many of my posts have been deleted over the years, and I haven’t always understood why, but it’s a small price to pay for what is—overall and relative to other venues—a civil and productive space for discussion.
We are in agreement, this is a quality site because of the moderation. Im just voicing disagreement with closing all discussion of the old ride. Im willing to comply by the rules and have had posts deleted as well. I’m not offended, just saying it’s a BIG step a week after closing one of the most popular rides.

Rather than beat a dead horse over it, I’ll let it go though because I really don’t want to distract from the discussion.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
We can. I’ve been trying to. It’s just being so regulated in what we are allowed to discuss is disappointing.
We now know what makes the salty smell in PoC.

Clearly this backstory is current with what has happened there in recent years. Remember the dialogue ahead of the galactic star cruiser?

Drdcm

We now know what makes the salty smell in PoC.

Clearly this backstory is current with what has happened there in recent years. Remember the dialogue ahead of the galactic star cruiser?
I wasn’t really engaged with this site until recently. I got fed up with the site that must not be named and came here and found the forums. Apparently I signed up a few years ago to get on RoTR, but I don’t really remember that. What happened with the star cruiser?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wasn’t really engaged with this site until recently. I got fed up with the site that must not be named and came here and found the forums. Apparently I signed up a few years ago to get on RoTR, but I don’t really remember that. What happened with the star cruiser?
Ah the star cruiser. Topic for another post somewhere but that’s another example of a plan by Disney that is failing

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Harsh criticism, and that it would be a flop before it opened. Time will tell.

Kirby86

The original attraction will still be brought up especially when they finally start showing us what the actual ride is. Right now they have told us virtually nothing about the ride. Once Disney shows some video of the stuff they're working on then we can honestly compare.

As for the backstory judging it on its own merits it has way to much information that we don't need.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Priced appropriately, it would be a great success. The reviews have been positive and there are many of us (myself included) who would jump at the opportunity to experience it if it weren’t so prohibitively expensive.
That’s a good point. Not sure how often it would be a place for repeat guests however. But anyways back on the Tiana attraction. One bad decision at a time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom